PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul gave a great speech in Gettysburg today.

mmink15
04-11-2008, 01:38 PM
I finally got to shake Dr Paul's hand!

My brother and I went to Gettysburg to see Dr Paul speak and it was incredible. There were around 700 people in attendence I'd estimate(800 seat theatre was full but some were press/campaign I imagine so I'll say 700). I took pictures and my brother recorded the speech and I will do my best to have it up on youtube tomorrow night or sunday at the latest. Ron Paul's speech was great and among the things I haven't heard him say before, he talked about how government is taking charge of not only what goes in or on our bodies, but what goes into our minds and souls. I thought that was great. He also talked about marijuana, saying that he was "so square he hasn't even seen anyone smoking marijuana" but that government should get out of the way. He talked about role of government, role of our policies in our misfortunes, and reminised about his days at Gettysburg College where he married his wife just over 50 years ago. Like I said, I will put the speech up on youtube in the next day or two. The campaign felt alive and well inside the Majestic Theatre today. Ron Paul grassroots seemed very organized today, as I was asked 3 times what district I'm from then given a list of who the Ron Pul delegates in my district are, complete with pictures and a short bio. I think PA is going to be a good state for Dr Paul.

NightOwl
04-11-2008, 01:48 PM

My brother and I went to Gettysburg to see Dr Paul speak and it was incredible.

I take it the book wasn't for sale there?

tajitj
04-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Video of Gettysburg College Speech.
http://www.presidentronpaul.741.com/speeches.html

One very huge statement he made. Thinking about how they took so many liberties away because of 9/11. Imagine what they will do if there is a economic 9/11. Bush has made it easier to declare martial law.
Oh but I am just a conspiracy theorist. But it does make sense. That is why the Fed does what it does. They want a collapse so they can get more power over us.

The book will be available at the Goucher College event. It is a pre-release book signing event.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Jeremy
04-11-2008, 01:53 PM
cool

dont forget to post the YT link =D

NightOwl
04-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Sounds great -- I've never been to one of these huge Ron Paul events. Sometime soon, I hope. As for the book, the PSU college bookstore is selling it tonight at that event.

Jason726
04-11-2008, 02:18 PM
I hope he comes near Philly, preferably West Chester.

RonPaulFever
04-11-2008, 02:29 PM
The thing that struck me most when I met Dr. Paul was his humility. Most in a position like his will have some degree of ego inflation. Not Ron!

wgadget
04-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Ron Paul the statesman is the only hero I've ever had.

I've been lucky enough to see him three times and meet him twice.

humanic
04-11-2008, 02:37 PM
He also talked about marijuana, saying that he was "so square he hasn't even seen anyone smoking marijuana" but that government should get out of the way.

:D

He made a similar statement when I saw him a week or so ago, but he didn't say the part about being "square."

nate895
04-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Can we call it "The Gettysburg Address-Without Hypocrisy"?

tangent4ronpaul
04-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Did anyone get it on video?

YouTube?

-n

Phantom
04-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Ron Paul campaigns in Gettysburg (http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2008/04/ron_paul_campaigns_in_gettysbu.html)

Republican presidential candidate and Gettysburg College graduate Ron Paul toured his alma mater and spoke to supporters at the Majestic Theater today.

http://www.ronpaulforpresident2008.com/images/large_paul%203%200411%20dcg%2020288.jpg

Crickett
04-11-2008, 06:18 PM
wow! can't wait to see it.

oilboiler
04-11-2008, 06:44 PM
My son just called to tell me that he saw Ron at Penn State, and sent his photo with him. He said that the place was packed, and the reception was great.

soapmistress
04-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Hey guys! I'm in California and I was SO EXCITED this morning - I was driving on my way to work and listening to the morning talk radio show. During the ABC News break update they said something along the lines of "Even though John McCain is the presumptive nominee for the GOP party, Congressman Ron Paul is still vowing to continue his campaign as a Republican candidate. Paul will be speaking today in Pennsylvania... Has never voted to raise taxes and opposes the war in Iraq..."

It was the first time I've EVER heard anything about him on the radio here. ***YES!!!****

bucfish
04-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Nice indeed

Conza88
04-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Awesome!!!!! :d

Bruno
04-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Ron Paul campaigns in Gettysburg (http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2008/04/ron_paul_campaigns_in_gettysbu.html)

Republican presidential candidate and Gettysburg College graduate Ron Paul toured his alma mater and spoke to supporters at the Majestic Theater today.

http://www.ronpaulforpresident2008.com/images/large_paul%203%200411%20dcg%2020288.jpg

Beautiful forum. :D

No yellow shirt. :)

Wish I could have been there! Can't wait for the YT!

Paul Revered
04-11-2008, 09:18 PM

My brother and I went to Gettysburg to see Dr Paul speak and it was incredible. There were around 700 people in attendence I'd estimate(800 seat theatre was full but some were press/campaign I imagine so I'll say 700). I took pictures and my brother recorded the speech and I will do my best to have it up on youtube tomorrow night or sunday at the latest. Ron Paul's speech was great and among the things I haven't heard him say before, he talked about how government is taking charge of not only what goes in or on our bodies, but what goes into our minds and souls. I thought that was great. He also talked about marijuana, saying that he was "so square he hasn't even seen anyone smoking marijuana" but that government should get out of the way. He talked about role of government, role of our policies in our misfortunes, and reminised about his days at Gettysburg College where he married his wife just over 50 years ago. Like I said, I will put the speech up on youtube in the next day or two. The campaign felt alive and well inside the Majestic Theatre today. Ron Paul grassroots seemed very organized today, as I was asked 3 times what district I'm from then given a list of who the Ron Pul delegates in my district are, complete with pictures and a short bio. I think PA is going to be a good state for Dr Paul.I posted this on MySpace.

Randy-
04-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Video of Ron Paul's speech at the Majestic Theater:
Part 1 http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1238338/ron_paul_gettysburg_college_4_11_2008_p1_of_2/
Part 2 ?

Conza88
04-12-2008, 12:11 AM
meta gets in first... cus youtube censors? ;o

Crickett
04-12-2008, 01:13 AM
It was a great speech. I wish part 2 had shown up. He is so wonderful...

orlandoinfl
04-12-2008, 01:22 AM
Does anybody know where to find the borrowing statistic Ron Paul talks about. I'm looking for the figure of US borrowing from China.

Phantom
04-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Both parts of the speech can be seen here (http://www.presidentronpaul.741.com/speeches.html)

Ibgamer
04-12-2008, 10:30 AM
He is always thanking them, what a crowd!

Crickett
04-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Thanks so much for this link. The speech was really great. I sure hope some new people listened. It was inspiring.

m72mc
04-13-2008, 01:14 AM
wow great speech

Buffalo Bruce
04-13-2008, 07:53 AM
Besides articulating a couple of new ideas, Ron was more animated than I have ever seen him. This was his best speech delivery to date. I'm trying to figure out if he hired a speech coach, had some extra strong coffee, or was feeling his oats upon coming home. Anyway, great speach closing with an oratory flourish. Wow!

constituent
04-13-2008, 08:21 AM
the "raw milk" angle is brilliant. if you're looking for something to do online, i'd say that'd be it... promoting the right to consume and trade raw milk.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
04-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Bump!!!!!