PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment push for RonPaulForums.com?

foofighter20x
08-20-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm thinking we should be plugging the forum more, getting more people in the tent here so that ideas are more widely dispersed.

I know centralization is something we all generally dislike, but it does have it's uses, at least in campaigning.

Has anyone been hitting other blogs and forums (like myspace, meetup, etc) to get people here?

Brasil Branco
08-20-2007, 04:52 PM
What about trying to merge with this one: http://www.ronpaulforum.com/

mdh
08-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Advertising a free service isn't centralization... if Josh started issuing demands/orders of the users here that didn't directly relate to his forum, that'd be centralization.

I dunno though, this place already moves pretty fast at peak hours..... I fear more people would hurt what is right now a pretty darn good signal to noise ratio.

foofighter20x
08-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Advertising a free service isn't centralization... if Josh started issuing demands/orders of the users here that didn't directly relate to his forum, that'd be centralization.

I dunno though, this place already moves pretty fast at peak hours..... I fear more people would hurt what is right now a pretty darn good signal to noise ratio.

I think Josh and Bryan are working on a tweak of this site so that the topic flow is better. That'd probably accomodate both more people and more activity much more smoothly.

Syren123
08-20-2007, 04:56 PM

LOL! Well put!!

ghemminger
08-20-2007, 05:03 PM
LOL! Well put!!

Yeah..my thoughts exactly...just didn't know how to phrase it.....you guy usually have RP stuff out first...most of the times...it's like the electronic grapevine!

jjschless
08-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Yeah 3 index pages of new topics and posts a day is pretty large as it is.

hard@work
08-20-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm thinking we should be plugging the forum more, getting more people in the tent here so that ideas are more widely dispersed.

I know centralization is something we all generally dislike, but it does have it's uses, at least in campaigning.

Has anyone been hitting other blogs and forums (like myspace, meetup, etc) to get people here?

Maybe promote this and the other forums together. Also, I would think that the real promotion we should be doing is in increasing the size of the meetup groups and using the forums as a tool to help organize the meetup groups no? Seems to me the most power we have is in getting ourselves offline, and the meetup groups have not expanded as fast as they should have been. I would say the size of this forum while not mammoth is healthy, and it could grow. As for volume of posts / traffic that could be offset by additional forums for dedicated topics. We could have policy related forums created which would lower the amount of traffic for each forum.

I dunno, it just seems to me like the focus for the "decentralized" herd of cats should be in increasing the size of the herd. And I think we can do that by getting the word out to the meetup groups that it's time to push for more local rallying (before it's too late).

Revolution9
08-20-2007, 07:27 PM

I cannot honestly point people here that I know. They will be brutalized by the anti-truth in transparency in pubic safety issue people and they sure as hell will not take kindly to the tinfoil hat banter or the conspiracy freaks need to STFU paradigm. I think they will remian motivated if they do not have to deal with it. They ain't got the tough skin or determination I do. The will vote for Paul but I do not see them wanting to wade through a sea of repugnocrats who tout the offishul 911 lie. That would be so yesteryear for them. They had already determined the offishul version a lie somewhere back in 2001 or 2002.

Too bad about the censorship streak running through some here.

Best
Randy

torchbearer
08-20-2007, 07:32 PM
I would think that the real promotion we should be doing is in increasing the size of the meetup groups and using the forums as a tool to help organize the meetup groups no?

Meet-ups are very important.
I think the diversirty of forums is fine, but a index page full of the different forum sites would be nice.... then a free market would determine which forum most people like and then we assemble the troops.