PDA

View Full Version : An unfounded suspicion confirmed.

123tim
04-10-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm from Pennsylvania, and I've had this unfounded suspicion for the last few days that people wouldn't be voting for Ron Paul (in our state) for a particular reason that makes absolutely no sense. I told my wife about this reasoning and she said "That makes no sense at all"

Well, tonight it was confirmed.....I was talking to a man about Ron Paul and he said this. "Voting for Ron Paul will be giving a vote to Obama" He then went on to talk about how Ross Periot did the same in a previous election.

I then explained that this was the primary, and that it was Ron Paul against John McCain. It would have no effect on Obama.

I can almost guarantee that a lot of people will be thinking this.

amy31416
04-10-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm from Pennsylvania, and I've had this unfounded suspicion for the last few days that people wouldn't be voting for Ron Paul (in our state) for a particular reason that makes absolutely no sense. I told my wife about this reasoning and she said "That makes no sense at all"

Well, tonight it was confirmed.....I was talking to a man about Ron Paul and he said this. "Voting for Ron Paul will be giving a vote to Obama" He then went on to talk about how Ross Periot did the same in a previous election.

I then explained that this was the primary, and that it was Ron Paul against John McCain. It would have no effect on Obama.

I can almost guarantee that a lot of people will be thinking this.

There may be some merit to this, my mother's a long-time Republican who I've talked out of McCain and she does like Ron Paul--as much as she gets it (she's not too politically savvy.) But she wants to see Hillary vs. McCain rather than Obama. And she plans on voting Hillary, if she gets the nod.

If Obama gets it, she doesn't know what she'll do. She's Republican though, so she'll be voting Paul in the primary. If she had given it more thought, she probably would have switched to Dem and voted Hillary in the primary.

I did what I could. . .

123tim
04-10-2008, 07:29 PM
There may be some merit to this, my mother's a long-time Republican who I've talked out of McCain and she does like Ron Paul--as much as she gets it (she's not too politically savvy.) But she wants to see Hillary vs. McCain rather than Obama. And she plans on voting Hillary, if she gets the nod.

If Obama gets it, she doesn't know what she'll do. She's Republican though, so she'll be voting Paul in the primary. If she had given it more thought, she probably would have switched to Dem and voted Hillary in the primary.

I did what I could. . .

Sounds like you did well.

The problem with the guy that I'm talking about is that he's for Ron Paul. However, he thinks that if he doesn't vote for McCain it will benefit Obama. :confused:

voytechs
04-10-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm not surprised, too many sheeple out there.