PDA

View Full Version : A great candidate for Congress in AZ!

hopeforamerica
04-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Nick Coons will be running under the Libertarian party in 2010. He is waiting until 2010, so that he can build funding and name recognition. I personally know him, and he is a true patriot! I hope he can build some momentum:

http://www.nickcoonsforcongress.com/

hopeforamerica
04-10-2008, 03:46 PM
bump? lol...

ClayTrainor
04-10-2008, 03:50 PM
i just read his landing page, very impressed, looks promising!

Yom
04-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Tell him to run as a Republican. Breaking down the 3 party system is good and all, but I'd rather have a significantly likely chance of winning while we transform the party.

Kotin
04-10-2008, 04:16 PM
bump

hopeforamerica
04-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Tell him to run as a Republican. Breaking down the 3 party system is good and all, but I'd rather have a significantly likely chance of winning while we transform the party.

LOL. Try telling a die hard Libertarian that. I think he's already pretty committed to running this way. He'll have awesome grass roots behind him.

Read his blog! It's very, very good.

yongrel
04-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Running with a (L) next to his name, he's sure to win! :rolleyes:

He's a great candidate, and I believe I have spoken with him on this forum. Nice guy, I seem to recall.

I just have no faith in the LP.

Rangeley
04-10-2008, 08:26 PM
His chances would be so much better if he ran as a Republican. If he wants to be a die hard Libertarian Party Candidate, well, that will pretty much describe the fate of his campaign.

AJ Antimony
04-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Nick Coons will be running under the Libertarian party in 2010. He is waiting until 2010, so that he can build funding and name recognition. I personally know him, and he is a true patriot! I hope he can build some momentum:

http://www.nickcoonsforcongress.com/

If he's going to essentially be campaigning for 2 full years, I find it disturbing that most responses have been "ditch LP and go Republican."

Yes odds are he'd probably do better running Republican, but give the guy a chance. If he believes he can win as a (L) after 2 full years of campaigning, then I'll let him try to walk the walk.

Besides, he looks very young. If his (L) campaign fails, then he can explore the Republican party. Until then we should be supporting him and actually trying to get some Libertarians in Washington whether it takes a few months of campaigning or a few years.

Rangeley
04-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Why are the responses disturbing? No doubt, that he wishes to campaign for 2 full years shows he intends to put a lot into this, and that is admirable. Some of us feel, however, that if someone intends to put so much time and dedication into something, they shouldn't put it into a dead end party. There is an entire movement growing in the Republican party, and I think it has a very substantial chance of shifting the party back towards small government, civil liberties, etc. This is the path Ron Paul wants to take, and splitting efforts between parties will not increase our chances.

Kludge
04-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Running Republican as a Libertarian makes "bi-partisan" democrats very happy when you talk to them. They were more responsive to Dr. Paul then many neocons (until I told them he was running as a Republican, when their faces fell).

Kludge
04-10-2008, 09:41 PM
If he's going to essentially be campaigning for 2 full years, I find it disturbing that most responses have been "ditch LP and go Republican."

Yes odds are he'd probably do better running Republican, but give the guy a chance. If he believes he can win as a (L) after 2 full years of campaigning, then I'll let him try to walk the walk.

Besides, he looks very young. If his (L) campaign fails, then he can explore the Republican party. Until then we should be supporting him and actually trying to get some Libertarians in Washington whether it takes a few months of campaigning or a few years.

(L)s in CSPAN (yeah... I do sometimes watch it >.>) would be very nice to see.