PDA

View Full Version : lets takeover craigslist.com

max
08-20-2007, 04:08 PM
You post all you want for free under "politics" at craigslist.com

Post all over america, just change the wording in the subject slightly so it doesnt reject the ad.

be sure to put a good link in your post...such as aravoth's videos...stop dreaming etc.

In ten minutes you can post 10 ads which will be read by 100's of politically interested readers..

do this constantly...especially in early primary states

ghemminger
08-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Great idea Max...could you post some links and a template we can change up...would help a lot!!!!

Bradley in DC
08-20-2007, 04:16 PM
I had my housing for Ron Paul supporter post written up in Wonkette!

max
08-20-2007, 04:17 PM
****Keep the message short and sweet so you don't have to change too much from ad to add. You can even make subtle changes like adding spaces or "....: in order to thwart the system......

I basically write stuff like this...

RON PAUL REVOLUTION IS HERE

Please take a look at Ron Paul, a candidadte that is quietly building a grassroots army... (post link here for whatever you prefer)

or..

AWESOME PRESIDENTIAL VOTER GUIDE

Please take a look at this

http://www.ronpaulpostcards.com/candidates.html

I usually post the voter guide or one of aravoth's links

foofighter20x
08-20-2007, 04:18 PM
Well, if we are going to do this, it needs to be done right. We should have a presence there, but don't overkill it like has happened on Digg.

max
08-20-2007, 04:21 PM
if i see a city that already has a recent posting or two, I go to another one...the important thing is to have every major area have a post near the top every day...lots of RP posters already...but we need some more in order to keep a daily posting at or near the top spots...

invading aol chat rooms are good too

IowaSupport
08-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Agreed with foofighter - we really need to find the line between "energetic" and "annoying" - and quickly.

I always liked the "Vote Ron Paul and get a FREE country!" joke - working that in could work.

UtahApocalypse
08-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Well, if we are going to do this, it needs to be done right. We should have a presence there, but don't overkill it like has happened on Digg.

AMEN!!! Zealous people basically have ruined any chances of Ron Paul coverage on digg anymore, yet some people still don't get it.

RevolutionSD
08-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Craigslist is full of some of the stupidest, most short-sided individuals on the internet.
That said, I think a craigslist campaign is a good idea.

But WHATEVER you do, do NOT get involved in the petty squabbling that many on there will try to drag you into.

Your entire goal is to get people to look into Ron Paul and get his name out there. That's it. You're not there to win debates. You CANNOT win a debate on those boards or most internet boards. It's a complete WOT. Focus on one or two of RP's most popular issues, like the war or income tax, post and go away.

There will be all kinds of cheap shots and personal insults thrown around after you leave but you are not to be concerned with these.

So go to Craigslist, post some information in your city politics area, and keep the peace!

Bradley in DC
08-20-2007, 04:38 PM
try to get as many bites from the apple as you can :)

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-20-2007, 04:47 PM

Link?

I should probably list my RP shirts on Craigslist.

CurtisLow
08-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Link?

I should probably list my RP shirts on Craigslist.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/about/cities.html

angelatc
08-20-2007, 05:58 PM

I thought they did you a favor, getting it indexed by Google and all. :)

angelatc
08-20-2007, 06:00 PM
AMEN!!! Zealous people basically have ruined any chances of Ron Paul coverage on digg anymore, yet some people still don't get it.

If it is any consolation, I had never heard of Digg before I joined the forums. And I never go there for my news.

angelatc
08-20-2007, 07:58 PM
I took Max's advice and went over to the Craigslist, I posted a Ron Paul essay called "debt and Taxes" - the first responder said asked what RP thought about nationalizing the banks and what I thought the federal reserve was all about.

I replied with another Rp essay and sent him over to RonPaulLibrary.com to finish it up. He didn't come back. Yet.

I did get a "Ron Paul hates gay people" poster though.

foofighter20x
08-20-2007, 08:26 PM
I did get a "Ron Paul hates gay people" poster though.

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=346

jonahtrainer
08-20-2007, 08:35 PM
If it is any consolation, I had never heard of Digg before I joined the forums. And I never go there for my news.

A friend of mine mentioned the first time he heard of Ron Paul was on Digg. Now there is a whole contingent forming and he is sharing it around. The Internet is great cause you never know who might stumble across it.

wgadget
08-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Craigslist has several different sections.

The discussions are at the bottom left, but I think the original post was about putting advertisements in the top left portion where it says groups, etc....

Interesting website. Lots of different kinds of people. I've actually been flagged for posting Ron Paul videos. Some of those people on the boards just can't stand the truth.

Jennifer Reynolds
08-21-2007, 12:25 AM
///

Jennifer Reynolds
08-21-2007, 12:26 AM
///

jjockers
08-21-2007, 10:15 AM
Yea I second the discussion posting idea on craigslist. Seems to be a lot of people there upset with politics. Very few mentions of Ron Paul though.