PDA

View Full Version : No need for secrecy

joemiller
04-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Recently a few posters have suggested to me that we should not talk about trying to win our rightful seats on our local Executive Committees. Far better, they suggest, to keep it a secret...so "they" won't know about it.

Here is the response I have sent to them: "Enough with the secrets already...stop trying to sneak into the party. In politics you don't steal power, you take it, even when they know you are coming....it's the only way. Your ideals will be able to take power away from them house by house, street by street, neighborhood by neighborhood, precinct by precinct, district by district or their political ideals will, it's as simple as that.

Shout your message out, "We are coming. Ron Paul's political ideals are coming to the people in this district and there is nothing they can do to stop us....go ahead and try."

You are in a campaign...your job is to get your message out, the louder the contest the better. You are not going to whisper your way into the party. You are not going to sneak your way into the party. The only way is to get your name on your ballot and fight your way in. This is how it should be. If you expect anything less, you are in the wrong ballgame.

A little organizing wouldn't hurt either, especially when it comes to placing the two Ron Paul supporters on the ballot per county as State Representatives to the State GOP.

But really, all this secretive nonsense is for beginners....place your name on the ballot and shout out your message as long and as hard as you can...you will win up front and you can proudly walk in through the front door!

joe

amy31416
04-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Naw.

It's nobody's business who I support, no matter what day of the week, where I am or what I am doing. I'm a Republican, that's all they need to know. I'm not going to shout anything from any rooftops.

Argue issues, not personalities.

jkm1864
04-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Just like in Louisiana huh ? We tried to take it and they stole it.

hopeforamerica
04-09-2008, 10:47 PM
I have to disagree. I went to my district caucus tonight to vote on State delegates. Guess what, they had a 'recommended list' and only McCain supporters were on it. Guess how people voted? Hmmm..... We didn't even get to speak, it was a total scam. If I had played the "good little republican" I could have been on the list with a free ride to the convention. As it stands, I'll be lucky to make Alternate.

pinkmandy
04-09-2008, 11:11 PM
I'm disagreeing, too. Nobody's business who I actively support within my party as long as my candidate is also in the same party. That's not stealing anything. If the neocons don't like real conservative values I suggest they start their own pro-war NEO party. We don't need to announce we are taking back our own party and reinstilling the values that the party supposedly stands for. I've also learned to never trust a neocon. ;)

ninepointfive
04-09-2008, 11:15 PM
never trust a NEO con!

i have mixed feelings about the secrecy. My other fellow supporters can go that route, but I'm more of a call it as you see it person. how else will we influence them?

pinkmandy
04-09-2008, 11:20 PM
never trust a NEO con!

i have mixed feelings about the secrecy. My other fellow supporters can go that route, but I'm more of a call it as you see it person. how else will we influence them?

We influence them by going to meetings, speaking of our conservative values (which I think most actually agree with) and gaining their support. We have to fight the image the MSM has painted of us and RP and we can't do that by barging into a meeting decked out in our RP gear yelling about the gold standard and war for oil.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-10-2008, 08:14 AM
Shout your message out, "We are coming. Ron Paul's political ideals are coming to the people in this district and there is nothing they can do to stop us....go ahead and try."

I disagree, based on many, many experiences I've seen posted here. Paul supporters are trying to deal with top down instructions aimed at excluding them entirely.

acptulsa
04-10-2008, 08:21 AM
There's a place for both burrowers and salesmen. The salesmen win converts, yes, but the burrowers are far more likely to get committee and national delegate slots. That's the beauty of teamwork.

Young Paleocon
04-10-2008, 08:24 AM
There should be no secrecy at least in these designated forums, nor should there be sneakiness or shouting going on. Just keep it cool, remain determined, the neocons have this reverse ideology of globalism and low taxes, so lay down the monetary law on them, argue your case and let it be done.

TruthAtLast
04-10-2008, 08:27 AM
In politics you don't steal power, you take it, even when they know you are coming....it's the only way.

This sounds great like in the Movies. "We're coming and I dare you to stop us!"

Unfortunately they CAN stop you, with very little effort I might add. Why give away one of our only advantages against them, the element of surprise? Oh sure, they may suspect that something might happen but if you come right out and TELL them, then they will plan for contingencies.

Throughout history, political coups have occurred through infiltration or military force. So your plan only works if you show up with soldiers and tanks. :D

pinkmandy
04-10-2008, 08:40 AM
There should be no secrecy at least in these designated forums, nor should there be sneakiness or shouting going on. Just keep it cool, remain determined, the neocons have this reverse ideology of globalism and low taxes, so lay down the monetary law on them, argue your case and let it be done.

So we should just say whatever we want with 130 members viewing and 300 GUESTS? I see you're new so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in that area. We have been spied on, we have had delegates STOLEN from us because of open discussion. Check out the state boards and read what happened in LA. Those working within the movement know how to contact others in their area, they know exactly what to do and there's no need to broadcast exactly where we are and what we're doing on the net. :D

Private messages are a wonderful thing.

acptulsa
04-10-2008, 08:48 AM
The neocons didn't pull off their little coup of getting us in a petrodollar war for the benefit of the arms merchants by being open and above board. Our ends do justify some means. Assassination, no. Secrecy, why on earth not?

dirknb@hotmail.com
04-10-2008, 08:55 AM
What it amounts to is all out ideological war. Read The Art of War by Sun Tzu again. You have to adapt and do whatever you have to that works for your particular situation.

wgadget
04-10-2008, 08:58 AM
This morning I spoke with my father about this dilemma. He agrees with the OP, that we should not try to be secretive. He believes that our being out in the open is an excellent form of marketing.

TruthAtLast
04-10-2008, 09:04 AM
This morning I spoke with my father about this dilemma. He agrees with the OP, that we should not try to be secretive. He believes that our being out in the open is an excellent form of marketing.

yes good marketing, but also a good way to lose. I'd rather have less marketing and win. :D

Rhys
04-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Recently a few posters have suggested to me that we should not talk about trying to win our rightful seats on our local Executive Committees. Far better, they suggest, to keep it a secret...so "they" won't know about it.

Here is the response I have sent to them: "Enough with the secrets already...stop trying to sneak into the party. In politics you don't steal power, you take it, even when they know you are coming....it's the only way. Your ideals will be able to take power away from them house by house, street by street, neighborhood by neighborhood, precinct by precinct, district by district or their political ideals will, it's as simple as that.

You are in a campaign...your job is to get your message out, the louder the contest the better. You are not going to whisper your way into the party. You are not going to sneak your way into the party. The only way is to get your name on your ballot and fight your way in. This is how it should be. If you expect anything less, you are in the wrong ballgame.

A little organizing wouldn't hurt either, especially when it comes to placing the two Ron Paul supporters on the ballot per county as State Representatives to the State GOP.

But really, all this secretive nonsense is for beginners....place your name on the ballot and shout out your message as long and as hard as you can...you will win up front and you can proudly walk in through the front door!

joe

exactly. It's like people want to feel the intrigue, like James Bond against Goldfinger. Totally newb.

I called my local GOP and said I'm a Ron Paul supporter, I want to run for office. They said "here's a finance guy and here's the voter roll. We're desperate for candidates." May not be as easy for everyone else, but it certainly didn't come with Spy vs Spy bullcrap either.

If the Revolution fizzles, it's cause people treat it like a secret spy game instead of politics. I think it's due to the fact that the average age is probably around 22 on these forums and so childish ideas always rise to the top faster while adult ideas... die.

acptulsa
04-10-2008, 09:24 AM
exactly. It's like people want to feel the intrigue, like James Bond against Goldfinger. Totally newb.

I called my local GOP and said I'm a Ron Paul supporter, I want to run for office. They said "here's a finance guy and here's the voter roll. We're desperate for candidates." May not be as easy for everyone else, but it certainly didn't come with Spy vs Spy bullcrap either.

Actual results may vary. We invited one of the powers that be to one of our meetups and the result was a "do not vote for these Ron Paul crazies for delegate to national" (or words to that effect) blacklist in circulation.

I think they are more likely to be nice to someone who runs for office than for delegate because they need them more and, possibly, because they figure they'll be able to tempt an office holder to join the crooked club.

Rhys
04-10-2008, 09:29 AM
whatever. just sneak in and hope they someday catch on to your secret and figure out what you stand for so they can change to fit the needs of the party all on their own.... but we know you were just whispering secret Ron Paul vodoo in their ears while you pretended to be a good little republican, right?

lol I hope you guys know what you're not doing. they already know who you are. they knew a year ago dip shits.

AND THEY ARE NOT POWERS THAT BE! They are your grandpa's bowling pal!!! If you don't like it, run for his fucking job.

Eric21ND
04-10-2008, 09:48 AM
Never underestimate the element of surprise against an enemy....and let's not kid ourselves, the majority of these people are our enemy.

If you have the numbers sure be vocal, but till then stay in the trenches.

Rhys
04-10-2008, 09:58 AM
If you have the numbers sure be vocal, but till then stay in the trenches.

The secret trenches?

spacehabitats
04-10-2008, 10:12 AM

joe

Absolutely correct, Joe!

This campaign and movement have been harmed far more by a lack of communication, coordination, and cooperation brought on by a irrational fears than by any leaks to the "enemy".

Oh, and by the way, I DO believe that there are ruthless and powerful opponents of liberty that will stop at nothing to thwart us. But I also recognize that it is foolish, counterproductive, and playing into their hands to cripple our movement with paranoia.

pinkmandy
04-10-2008, 10:24 AM
This is why you work locally w/people you know you can trust. You don't post everything on a public forum. Doh.

I do know if I run for national delegate in my state as a RP supporter I will be laughed out of the convention. It is MUCH better to just talk about beliefs, values, and all the conservative priniciples many Republicans still believe in. We need to bring back those principles and unfortunately if we do it while yelling Ron Paul it won't work. Maybe each area is different but I'm in McCrazy country here and the repubs believe in supporting the PARTY, regardless of the candidate. They are uniting behind McCain here and consider anyone who isn't as not a "real" republican. That is why we have to steer the platform of the PARTY back to real conservatism. We lead as fellow conservatives, they follow. Otherwise we get blacklisted from positions that count.

joemiller
04-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Okay, let's make sure everybody is on the same page here. I am only talking about the way a Ron Paul supporter should go about gaining their seat on their local Executive Committee of their local (county) Republican Party monthly meetings.

It is usually the case, but not in all instances, where this is done at the ballot box during a general election. As I have stated, it is your responsibility to check with your local Election Board, not your local Republican Party officials, to get the right information. Even when you do get this information from your local Board of Elections, get it in writing from their office directly. I wouldn't even trust their websites. The official place to get the right information is at your local Board of Elections, in person.

After you have filled out the information, signed the "Loyalty Oath", you know, the one that says you are, in fact, a registered Republican, then you can rightfully expect to see your name on the ballot when you go to the polls to vote this fall.

If this is kind of what you are looking at, then my advise applies. The only people that matter are the registered Republican voters in your jurisdiction, who usually don't have a clue who to vote for when they finally get down to your name.

Make yourself four or five campaign posters, the more hand-made looking the better, stick them at each poll station in your jurisdiction, work each polling stating on election day by passing out your hand cards to any interested Republican voter entering the voter's booth, observing the legally required distance, and chances are you will win.

As I have said, a little organization, especially as it relates to the two local State GOP representatives who will also be running for their seats, one man and one woman, could go along way to insuring significant victories within the party ranks this fall.

But the issue here is be up front about it. Don't add to the neocons belief that some kind of weird political philosophy is trying to take control of their local party.

But there is even a bigger reason why you should make it a point to run openly, it is so the rank and file members of your party will wake up and start taking notice of just who a Ron Paul supporter is and what it means to them. If you approach your campaign in this manner, even if you fail to obtain your seat, you will have achieved victory by educating your fellow Republicans on the issues at hand. After all, that is really the only reason you are interested in running for a seat on the local Executive Committee of the Republican Party?

joe

pinkmandy
04-10-2008, 10:51 AM
Joe, it varies greatly per each state.

In VA, voters are not registered as repubs or dems. Theoretically, a dem could go to a repub meeting and win a seat here. I doubt it would happen unless they lied about their beliefs but it could certainly happen. We sign nothing, we show up and vote at our local meetings. That's it. And rest assured, if you walked into a meeting like that and started talking up Ron Paul you wouldn't be elected for anything.

Rhys
04-10-2008, 10:59 AM

In VA, voters are not registered as repubs or dems. Theoretically, a dem could go to a repub meeting and win a seat here. I doubt it would happen unless they lied about their beliefs but it could certainly happen. We sign nothing, we show up and vote at our local meetings. That's it. And rest assured, if you walked into a meeting like that and started talking up Ron Paul you wouldn't be elected for anything.

And if you don't stick to your guns, you don't deserve to be elected for anything.

pinkmandy
04-10-2008, 11:07 AM
And if you don't stick to your guns, you don't deserve to be elected for anything.

WTH are you talking about? Are you assuming that you can't "stick to your guns" without announcing that you're a RP supporter? We ARE conservatives and that's all ANYONE needs to know. Like it or not, most conservatives will vote against you if they know you support RP. Telling people to make that known makes no sense at all and defeats our goal of changing the party platform.

They will vote FOR you if you are for small government, low taxes, strong national DEFENSE and national sovereignty. You don't need to broadcast a PSA about your love of Ron Paul. I'm seriously shaking my head in disbelief at the audacity of some on this thread in pushing this agenda of exposing ourselves so we can be stopped.

Rhys
04-10-2008, 11:09 AM
WTH are you talking about? Are you assuming that you can't "stick to your guns" without announcing that you're a RP supporter? We ARE conservatives and that's all ANYONE needs to know. Like it or not, most conservatives will vote against you if they know you support RP. Telling people to make that known makes no sense at all and defeats our goal of changing the party platform.

They will vote FOR you if you are for small government, low taxes, strong national DEFENSE and national sovereignty. You don't need to broadcast a PSA about your love of Ron Paul. I'm seriously shaking my head in disbelief at the audacity of some on this thread in pushing this agenda of exposing ourselves so we can be stopped.

I didn't say shout Ron Paul. But sneaking around so "they" wont stop you. They're the ones sneaking so we don't stop them. I'm shocked how so many people want to replace the CFR with the RPCFR.

My car has two RP stickers. The other day, the republican (former office holder) comptroller of where I worked said "you have to pick one of the three or your wasting your vote." I said "I'm wasting it on one of those three. There's so much we have to do that doesn't include voting for McCain. The Fed has to be brought in, the spending has to be controlled, the taxes have to be killed."

His reply was "yeah, my neighbor just gave me a video about the Fed. Scarry stuff."

If you hide, no one will get the point. You'd be shocked to find out who's listening. I know I am everytime I meet someone who knows or is learning. I meet them at parties, bowling... everywhere. The message is spreading, but not in secret. Don't be a sissy.

Having to win everything NOW NOW NOW is the reason people think we HAVE to have a dem or we HAVE to have a repub. You're victim of the same thinking so, no, I don't really see how you're changing anything. You're just more the same. I like you a lot, but the paradigm MUST shift.

joemiller
04-10-2008, 11:23 AM

Yes, unfortunately, that is true in too many cases. I find it had to believe how they can call themselves a political party when their Executive Committee membership isn't chosen by the general membership of their party.

joe

joemiller
04-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Tell me, at these meetings in VA, does everyone present get a vote or just the Executive Committee members?

joe

pinkmandy
04-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Tell me, at these meetings in VA, does everyone present get a vote or just the Executive Committee members?

joe

Everyone present who resided in our county. I went to my first one and got to vote. They just passed out blank slips of paper and we wrote down names. With each position filled, a new round of scratch paper was passed out and then collected. It was like voting for class president, lol. I walked in knowing who the RP folks were so naturally I voted for them- had the general audience known who they were they would not have been elected. They simply had to give a speech as to why they should be voted for and then we voted.

Every state is different. At the local level it's about principles and likeability.

wgadget
04-10-2008, 12:28 PM
What is wrong with presenting yourself as a sane, informed Ron Paul supporter? Might turn some heads and get them to thinking we're not so crazy after all. Might change the dynamic a bit and make Ron Paul more acceptable altogether. I don't see the harm.

Now, if you want to go in there wearing a "911 was an inside job" t-shirt, calling everyone in the room a neocon and having a piercing on every facial orifice, it might be best for all involved if you didn't proclaim your Ron Paul proclivity.

Just my humble opinion.

Rhys
04-10-2008, 12:34 PM
What is wrong with presenting yourself as a sane, informed Ron Paul supporter? Might turn some heads and get them to thinking we're not so crazy after all. Might change the dynamic a bit and make Ron Paul more acceptable altogether. I don't see the harm.

Now, if you want to go in there wearing a "911 was an inside job" t-shirt, calling everyone in the room a neocon and having a piercing on every facial orifice, it might be best for all involved if you didn't proclaim your Ron Paul proclivity.

Just my humble opinion.

I wish I would have said it more like that. +1

acptulsa
04-10-2008, 12:36 PM
What is wrong with presenting yourself as a sane, informed Ron Paul supporter?

Damned good question. I have done just that, and won converts doing it. Nonetheless, despite some wonderful speeches, the Paul crowd was denied even one alternate slot to National at our district convention. I don't know why. They wouldn't even throw us a bone.

TastyWheat
04-10-2008, 12:36 PM
That sounds as effective as preempting a surprise attack with, "SNEAK ATTACK!!!"

Rhys
04-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Damned good question. I have done just that, and won converts doing it. Nonetheless, despite some wonderful speeches, the Paul crowd was denied even one alternate slot to National at our district convention. I don't know why. They wouldn't even throw us a bone.

again, they is obsolete to us now. Make "them" say "they" about us. Take their jobs. It's just a volounteer position anyway.

acptulsa
04-10-2008, 12:44 PM
again, they is obsolete to us now. Make "them" say "they" about us. Take their jobs. It's just a volounteer position anyway.

Well come on down and register to vote! Yes, yes--we'll keep trying to win converts.

But we'll most likely have do it in the name of conservatism rather than the honored name of Dr. Paul. C'est la vie.

joemiller
04-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Everyone present who resided in our county. I went to my first one and got to vote. They just passed out blank slips of paper and we wrote down names. With each position filled, a new round of scratch paper was passed out and then collected. It was like voting for class president, lol. I walked in knowing who the RP folks were so naturally I voted for them- had the general audience known who they were they would not have been elected. They simply had to give a speech as to why they should be voted for and then we voted.

Every state is different. At the local level it's about principles and likeability.

Okay, that explains it. Something didn't sound right with just having the members of the Executive Committee vote on any new member. As long as they allow the general membership to vote there is really nothing wrong with doing it that way. All you have to do is organize a little bit and have your supporters come to the next meeting, with their voting cards. In small jurisdictions this is more practicable. But it shouldn't be a problem for you to network with your other Ron Paul supporters in your area.

I assume the Ron Paul campaign can't help out in supplying you with the email addresses of all the Ron Paul supporters it has on file, or at least send out an email message to those targeted supporters in your area, asking them to get in touch with you -- just a little help in this regard would really make the difference. I hope somebody is thinking along these lines somewhere.

joe

TruthAtLast
04-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Hmmm, voting anonymously on a piece of paper huh? Sounds like a classic Delphi Technique to me.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=132253

This technique is done on purpose to diffuse the power of the group. When no one knows who everyone else has voted for, there is no way to keep the people counting the votes honest. 99% of the people could vote for the same person and there is no way anyone would know when they read off the results.

pinkmandy
04-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Hmmm, voting anonymously on a piece of paper huh? Sounds like a classic Delphi Technique to me.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=132253

This technique is done on purpose to diffuse the power of the group. When no one knows who everyone else has voted for, there is no way to keep the people counting the votes honest. 99% of the people could vote for the same person and there is no way anyone would know when they read off the results.

I know. AND they destroyed the paper ballots immediately after. We didn't raise a stink because we actually got who we wanted in position. Definitely something to address now that we're "in".

joemiller
04-10-2008, 05:31 PM
I know. AND they destroyed the paper ballots immediately after. We didn't raise a stink because we actually got who we wanted in position. Definitely something to address now that we're "in".

It should be written in your Party's by-laws that any candidate for party office, including Executive Committee seats, can appoint a representative to look over the marked ballots and to be present when they are counter, as your representative. As I said, this is just how it is done normally. So be sure when you are in this type of situation you move to appoint your representative to oversee the ballot process.

joe

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-10-2008, 08:49 PM
It should be written in your Party's by-laws that any candidate for party office, including Executive Committee seats, can appoint a representative to look over the marked ballots and to be present when they are counter, as your representative. As I said, this is just how it is done normally. So be sure when you are in this type of situation you move to appoint your representative to oversee the ballot process.

joe

You sound like someone who might not get blindsided by a procedural issue. Unfortunately, many Paul supporters aren't as experienced. When the instructions from above are to shut up Paul supporters through rules and such, some of them need to not stick their heads up too far in the air. It's not because they don't deserve an equal voice, aren't proud of it, or even can't represent it well. It's because, at the end of the day, some of them are swimming with sharks and they don't know the waters as well.

joemiller
04-12-2008, 04:37 AM
Well, it would be helpful for everyone to read their party's constitution and by-laws and Robert's Rules. But understand, simply having to bring enough registered Republican Ron Paul supporters to your next Executive Committee meeting to get yourself elected shouldn't be that much of a problem. After all, this same majority can go ahead and elect other Ron Paul supporters to their seat as well. You should already be networking with many in your county by now.

In addition, there is even a greater election that will be taking place and that is the man and woman elected to represent your county to your State GOP organization. They also must win their Executive Committee seats as well as going on to be elected by the whole body to represent your county at the state party. Ron Paul supporters should be able to network and bring about the elections as well. So you can see, we still have a lot of work to do. But most of all have fun and GET ORGANIZED within your counties!

joe

rancher89
04-12-2008, 05:12 AM
What it amounts to is all out ideological war. Read The Art of War by Sun Tzu again. You have to adapt and do whatever you have to that works for your particular situation.

Absolutely correct! AND "your mileage may vary" is very appropriate also.

Locally, we have had positive and negative reactions to "our" people being RP supporters. Some welcome us with open arms and ask us to run for office, some work against us, behind the scene or openly. I'm for working "semi-openly." Speak of conservative values, if asked, speak of Ron Paul in a supportive, positive way. I've never been a "devout" supporter of any candidate, it's the message I'm behind. The biggest drawbacks I can see for being an open RP supporter are that our local goper's would support RP if it wasn't for his war stance and the "fanaticism" that scares may hard-core repubs.

spacehabitats
04-12-2008, 07:56 AM
Absolutely correct! AND "your mileage may vary" is very appropriate also.

Locally, we have had positive and negative reactions to "our" people being RP supporters. Some welcome us with open arms and ask us to run for office, some work against us, behind the scene or openly. I'm for working "semi-openly." Speak of conservative values, if asked, speak of Ron Paul in a supportive, positive way. I've never been a "devout" supporter of any candidate, it's the message I'm behind. The biggest drawbacks I can see for being an open RP supporter are that our local goper's would support RP if it wasn't for his war stance and the "fanaticism" that scares may hard-core repubs.

In trying to become a RNC delegate, my wife needed a list of the delegates to our DC. She was contacted by a candidate for state central committee, agreed to make calls for him, has been adding "Oh BTW I'm running for RNC and I'd appreciate your vote, too." Everyone's happy.
She is quite a gabber so if she gets into an extended conversation and someone asks her about RP she admits that she supports him. Her response (in Iowa) has been very positive. Positive for her and her candidacy. But even some people saying that they should give RP a second look.

"Your mileage may vary." She can charm a baby away from a mother's breast.

Problem is the MSM and the NeoCons have done a very effective job of defining the "touchstone" issues like the"Iraq War". Its a minefield. Eventually we will have to re-educate the rank and file, but it will require developing relationships and networking; not just 30 second ads on TV.

joemiller
04-12-2008, 07:15 PM
In trying to become a RNC delegate, my wife needed a list of the delegates to our DC. She was contacted by a candidate for state central committee, agreed to make calls for him, has been adding "Oh BTW I'm running for RNC and I'd appreciate your vote, too." Everyone's happy.
She is quite a gabber so if she gets into an extended conversation and someone asks her about RP she admits that she supports him. Her response (in Iowa) has been very positive. Positive for her and her candidacy. But even some people saying that they should give RP a second look.

"Your mileage may vary." She can charm a baby away from a mother's breast.

Problem is the MSM and the NeoCons have done a very effective job of defining the "touchstone" issues like the"Iraq War". Its a minefield. Eventually we will have to re-educate the rank and file, but it will require developing relationships and networking; not just 30 second ads on TV.

What is an RNC delegate?

joe