PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul questioning General Petraeus today

dirtyp
04-09-2008, 08:46 PM
http://ronpaulforum.info/index.php/topic,74.new.html#new

Highland
04-09-2008, 09:03 PM
that last question isn't in their pay grade! Go Ron Go!

purplechoe
04-09-2008, 09:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWr5Wl-mev0

Shellshock1918
04-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Eh, he could have asked a better question. In all fairness, he was asking them a highly political question.

Jamsie 567
04-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Outwitted again by the good doc!!

voytechs
04-09-2008, 09:24 PM
He turned that last one around nicely. Totally back fired on them.

nc4rp
04-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Petreus got "RonPauled!"

http://temp-e.net/files/incoming/hoffa/pwned.jpg

Melissa
04-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Eh, he could have asked a better question. In all fairness, he was asking them a highly political question.

No actually it was a great question --He asked who do they get thier authority from to go invade another country and you heard the answer -they don't know

pinkmandy
04-09-2008, 09:37 PM
For a General who is supposed to uphold the Constitution it was an awesome question! You mean a GENERAL doesn't know that he needs permission from Congress before he can invade a sovereign nation? Dr. Paul is right, his answer should have been a resounding NO.

ZzzImAsleep
04-09-2008, 10:48 PM
I wondered why Paul asked him a question about Iran, but he obviously anticipated their response and gave them that question as a set up for his response. He really drove home his point.

driller80545
04-09-2008, 11:07 PM
The looks on all their faces seemed to say "Ron Paul is not playing right". Ha

idiom
04-09-2008, 11:09 PM
He is so far beyond their level. Everyone seems to forget that he has been sticking it out for 20 years in there. You learn a thing or two.

gerryb
04-09-2008, 11:12 PM
RWNED.

That IS very concerning how the anwsered that question. "It's not my job to determine if I'm allowed to follow the orders I've been given"

dannno
04-09-2008, 11:18 PM
RWNED.

:D

That was great, too bad they didn't have time to answer any more questions.

hawks4ronpaul
04-09-2008, 11:44 PM
He is so far beyond their level. Everyone seems to forget that he has been sticking it out for 20 years in there. You learn a thing or two.

McCain hasn't learned much.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/2008/01/finish-job-scam.html

slamhead
04-10-2008, 12:05 AM
He should be asking these questions in congress not to people just doing the bidding of congress and the administration. If you ask me Dr. Paul looks not better than the scumbags banging on Patraeus.

dannno
04-10-2008, 12:13 AM
He should be asking these questions in congress

He does. All the time.

I recommend a book called, "A Foreign Policy of Freedom" by Ron Paul. It has all of his congressional speeches on foreign policy dating back to the 1970s along with some narration.

zbus12
04-10-2008, 01:07 AM
That was a great set up question and rebuttal after the answer Gen Petraeus gave. I thought Ron made them look like complete dumbasses up there fumbling over a simple constitution question. What did that other dude say, "I am not competent enough to answer a question like that" WTF!? ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION? What a bunch of RETARDS in places of authority!!! This is treason and they deserve to be tarred and feathered like they did in the revolution days!

It's too bad however that the intellect of Ron Paul and the utter disgracefulness of the WISE GENERAL and his sidekick, will be overlooked and misunderstood to the point that it makes me sick just to think about it.

Those MOFOs looked nervous as hell right after they realized what their answers implied about their "Oath" to their positions. TRAITORS!!!!!!!

tangent4ronpaul
04-10-2008, 04:03 AM
WHOA! - Rep Barbra Lee followed up Pauls question to Betrayus and asked him point blank if he was authorized to go into Iran under any circumstances and wanted a yes or no answer. His answer: "I would prefer to answer that in private. I think it will reassure you, but I think that is a classified answer.

:eek: !!!!

-n

Join The Paul Side
04-10-2008, 04:58 AM
WHOA! - Rep Barbra Lee followed up Pauls question to Betrayus and asked him point blank if he was authorized to go into Iran under any circumstances and wanted a yes or no answer. His answer: "I would prefer to answer that in private. I think it will reassure you, but I think that is a classified answer.

:eek: !!!!

-n

So.....answering a simple question pertaining to the Constitution is now considered "classified information?" o.O

CUnknown
04-10-2008, 10:03 AM
slamhead - "He should be asking these questions in congress not to people just doing the bidding of congress and the administration. If you ask me Dr. Paul looks not better than the scumbags banging on Patraeus."

slamhead, the point is, he's not necessarily doing the bidding of Congress. Saying that he "doesn't know" whether he has the authority means he doesn't care. If he's given the order by the President, he will carry it out. If he was going to refuse to carry it out, he would have said no to that question.

If he's not going to stand up for the Constitution -- WHICH HE HAS TAKEN AN OATH TO DEFEND -- then he deserves to be slammed. He deserves to be stripped of command, actually.

phill4paul
06-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Funny that the tube has been disabled.

Found another. NVM. :)

JasonC
06-24-2010, 11:07 PM
I can't find a working link of this vid... any help would be appreciated.

JasonC
06-24-2010, 11:08 PM
Nvrmnd... didnt realize the OP was from 2008....

LisaNY
06-25-2010, 11:18 PM
I can't find a working link of this vid... any help would be appreciated.

Try this:

YouTube - Ron Paul VS General Petraeus In Iraq Hearing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCWCycejqxU)