PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul vs. Bob Barr

jclay2
04-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Ok, I am kind of clueless about the whole Bob Barr thing. He is supposed to be making a run for the presidency, but does he deserve my vote. How close is this guy to the message of ron paul? Any info appreciated.

nate895
04-09-2008, 08:19 PM
http://www.bobbarr2008.com/issues/

As long as Ron Paul stays as the example candidate for all those in the future, I think Bob Barr would be find holding the banner in a General Election scenario.

Kludge
04-09-2008, 08:21 PM
blah blah blah... Former neocon turned libertarian turned Libertarian.

He's pretty damn close to a "Ron Paul Republican", and has excellent name recognition for a member of the LP (Borat snagged most of that... The Cheese Guy). He has distinctive facial hair but a contradictory voting history due to his former neocon ways.

I think he's the best shot the LP has at gaining control of the presidency, which effectively puts his chances at 0.0000001%. However, "it's about the message, not the candidate" ;)

nate895
04-09-2008, 08:25 PM
blah blah blah... Former neocon turned libertarian turned Libertarian.

He's pretty damn close to a "Ron Paul Republican", and has excellent name recognition for a member of the LP (Borat snagged most of that... The Cheese Guy). He has distinctive facial hair but a contradictory voting history due to his former neocon ways.

I think he's the best shot the LP has at gaining control of the presidency, which effectively puts his chances at 0.0000001%. However, "it's about the message, not the candidate" ;)

We need former neocons or this movement will die. I used to be one.