PDA

View Full Version : SCOTUS DC case and Fincher NFA

madengr
04-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Maybe you guys have heard of Wayne Fincher.

http://www.snubnose.info/wordpress/rkba/hollis-wayne-fincher/

In a nutshell, he purposly built machine guns himself, took pictures, and sent it to the ATF. The whole point was to force the issue into court. The feds can only regulate interstate commerce, but since he built it himself they have no power of regulation, or so that was the defense he was not allowed to make. He was also a militia member. a militia recognized by the state of Arkansas. He was convicted and sentenced to 6 years. It's disgusting. He could have raped or beaten someone and received a lesser sentence.

Anyway, if the SCOTUS rules against DC then I don't see how Fincher's conviction can be upheld. IIRC the judge said he was not a member of a militia. So the SCOTUS must either say you don't have to be a militia member to bear arms, or you are automatically a militia member. This is going to be interesting since they are happening at the same time. It could blow NFA out of the water.

What do you guys think?

maeqFREEDOMfree
04-10-2008, 06:09 AM
I never realized that since 1934, it's been illegal for a person to poses or own 'machine guns' without permission granted by the TREASURY DEPARTMENT?!?!?

I think my glass is empty... pass the kool-aid

madengr
04-10-2008, 08:55 AM
I never realized that since 1934, it's been illegal for a person to poses or own 'machine guns' without permission granted by the TREASURY DEPARTMENT?!?!?

I think my glass is empty... pass the kool-aid

Yes, a $200 tax. If he had been found guilty of stealing $200 in cash, candy-bars, or condoms, he would have 6 months of probation. But a $200 NFA tax stamp will get you 6 years.