PDA

View Full Version : What if we click on two google ads for every good story the MSM puts out?

Rhys
04-09-2008, 07:55 PM
This would pay them to write good things about Ron Paul.

TruthAtLast
04-09-2008, 07:59 PM
or we could click on google ads on Ron Paul sites to fund projects. But then we get into the area of click fraud and Google is not kind with that. I had someone sabotage one of my sites before. They clicked on my ads over and over again from the same banned proxy accounts and Google thought I was doing it myself, so they canceled that account and kept the $50k they owed me.

Anyway... I'll leave it at that.... I'm trying not to get off topic. :D

JoshLowry
04-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Only click on a google ad if it interests you. Any other reason is click fraud and robs the advertiser of their hard earned money.

RonPaulFever
04-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Only click on a google ad if it interests you. Any other reason is click fraud and robs the advertiser of their hard earned money.

"Click fraud", lol! I eagerly await the inevitable punitive federal laws.

TruthAtLast
04-09-2008, 08:30 PM
ironically, as much as Google says that fight click fraud, they make a killing on it. Some people estimate about 30% of their revenue is click fraud. Take that out and they don't hit their numbers and their stock plummets.

Believe me, they LOVE click fraud until advertisers start complaining. Most advertisers are unfortunately conditioned that a certain amount of click fraud is just the cost of doing business online (at least that is what my Google rep told me "off the record" haha).

The One
04-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Click fraud....fuck!!! What is this world coming to??!!!!!! I never thought I'd live to see the day that I would have to witness a discussion of the ins and outs of something called click fraud. What's next? Should I not look at a billboard multiple times when I drive down the street unless I'm interested in it? Don't want to commit billboard fraud, you know?

Kludge
04-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Click fraud....fuck!!! What is this world coming to??!!!!!! I never thought I'd live to see the day that I would have to witness a discussion of the ins and outs of something called click fraud. What's next? Should I not look at a billboard multiple times when I drive down the street unless I'm interested in it? Don't want to commit billboard fraud, you know?

Billboards don't fund the owner by the view and then ask people to keep looking at the billboard's advertiser intermittently.

Prohibition of click fraud is a great exercise of voluntary contracts, very libertarian and very chic.

The One
04-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Billboards don't fund the owner by the view and then ask people to keep looking at the billboard's advertiser intermittently.

Prohibition of click fraud is a great exercise of voluntary contracts, very libertarian and very chic.

Fuck a bunch of that. It's gay. I hate anyone who ever uses the words "click fraud" again.

soapmistress
04-09-2008, 08:40 PM
No more window shopping fraud either! You could falsely stimulate the economy if store owners get the impression that you're interested in buying.

Thou shalt avert thine eyes, and lay rest to thine mice!

The One
04-09-2008, 08:46 PM
I'll click on whatever the fuck I want to however many fuckin times I want to. I've got a dozen tabs open right now, and I'm clicking on all kinds of random shit. God as my witness.....if I'm left with no other freedom, I will retain my freedom to click on whatever the fuck I want to. I just clicked on an ad for maxi pads!!!!!!!!!!! I'm crazy and out of control with my clicking. I'm a bad-ass mother-clicker. Somebody just try to stop me and my click fraud.

Kludge
04-09-2008, 08:47 PM
I'll click on whatever the fuck I want to however many fuckin times I want to. I've got a dozen tabs open right now, and I'm clicking on all kinds of random shit. God as my witness.....if I'm left with no other freedom, I will retain my freedom to click on whatever the fuck I want to. I just clicked on an ad for maxi pads!!!!!!!!!!! I'm crazy and out of control with my clicking. I'm a bad-ass mother-clicker. Somebody just try to stop me and my click fraud.

They stop the affiliate website, not you ;)

JosephTheLibertarian
04-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Dumb idea. Only click on my ads..duh! :rolleyes:

Kludge
04-09-2008, 08:48 PM
No more window shopping fraud either! You could falsely stimulate the economy if store owners get the impression that you're interested in buying.

Thou shalt avert thine eyes, and lay rest to thine mice!

The stores don't pay errr... the third-party window-owner for each person viewing their goods.

TruthAtLast
04-09-2008, 09:14 PM

haha

jake
04-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Click fraud is a type of internet crime that occurs in pay per click online advertising when a person, automated script, or computer program imitates a legitimate user of a web browser clicking on an ad, for the purpose of generating a charge per click without having actual interest in the target of the ad's link. Click fraud is the subject of some controversy and increasing litigation due to the advertising networks being a key beneficiary of the fraud.

If I spend $1000 on advertising, I want every last penny spent on bringing people to my website that are actually INTERESTED in the content rather than draining my ad budget for any reason.

The One
04-09-2008, 09:39 PM
If I spend $1000 on advertising, I want every last penny spent on bringing people to my website that are actually INTERESTED in the content rather than draining my ad budget for any reason.

I'm sure people who pay to advertise on TV, radio, in newspapers, magazines, and on billboards want the same thing. Only a fool would pay on a pay-per-click basis, and a fool and his money will soon part.

smartguy911
04-09-2008, 10:17 PM
that's click fraud man and I don't approve of that. I advertise on Google and this will def piss me off if I notice people randomly clicking on ads. I recommend mods either delete this thread or close it.

ninepointfive
04-09-2008, 10:42 PM

bwahahaha +10!

TruthAtLast
04-10-2008, 08:44 AM
I'm sure people who pay to advertise on TV, radio, in newspapers, magazines, and on billboards want the same thing.

good point... is there viewing fraud? :D

Tivo allows people to skip commercials even though the TV station gets paid anyway. In the publication business there is massive waste. Publishers sell advertisers on distribution totals but the sell through rate on Magazines is considered awesome if they hit 60%. Which means that 4 out of every 10 magazines printed are shredded, yet the advertisers are paying for the paper and printing (the largest expense in the publication industry).

So is it just the cost of doing business or fraud? or both? :rolleyes:

LittleLightShining
04-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Woohoo!!! Too funny!

Rhys
04-10-2008, 09:08 AM
fine lamos. only click on two ads that you kinda want to click anyway. or click on two ads run by NWO companies and then you cant bitch cause they already steal from you.

soapmistress
04-10-2008, 04:36 PM
I just clicked on an ad for maxi pads!!!!!!!!!!! .

Why does it "Always" come down to this? Why can't we just "StayFree?"

TruthAtLast
04-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Why does it "Always" come down to this? Why can't we just "StayFree?"

haha... clever. :p

mediahasyou
06-14-2008, 10:54 PM
I just click frauded Barack Obama's ad. Should I feel bad? :rolleyes:

newyearsrevolution08
06-14-2008, 10:58 PM

I love that rational

Omphfullas Zamboni
06-14-2008, 11:01 PM
I just click frauded Barack Obama's ad. Should I feel bad? :rolleyes:

Perhaps if the ad were on this website, and then Google finds out...

JoshLowry
06-14-2008, 11:03 PM
Again, do not click on an ad if it does not interest you.

Closing this thread.

Thanks.