PDA

View Full Version : F. Thompson loses press aide

Bradley in DC
08-20-2007, 04:00 PM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/0807/Thompson_loses_press_aide.html

Fred Thompson's campaign-in-waiting suffered another departure last week, as spokeswoman Burson Snyder tendered her resignation, according to sources close to the campaign. Snyder follows a handful of other Thompson aides out the door as the organization struggles to find its footing in the run-up to the former senator's anticipated post-Labor Day launch.

"I support Sen. Thompson fully and plan to assist in any way I can in the future, but I plan to pursue a better professional fit," is all Snyder would say when asked why she departed.

A longtime communications director to House Minority Whip Roy Blunt, Snyder had been brought on to the "testing-the-waters" committee in June and had been slated to handle the day-to-day press operation. But sources familiar with the situation say she saw her role diminished when Linda Rozett was brought on to serve as the committee's communications director and when it was announced that former Fox producer Jim Mills would also come on board to work in the press shop.

A Tennessean and former press secretary to Thompson when he was senator, Snyder chafed, these sources say, at the uncertain lines of authority and chain of command within both the communications team and the broader campaign staff.

Spirit of '76
08-20-2007, 04:30 PM
A Tennessean and former press secretary to Thompson when he was senator, Snyder chafed, these sources say, at the uncertain lines of authority and chain of command within both the communications team and the broader campaign staff.

In other words, she didn't get along too well with Freddie's old lady.