PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Forces in the US with Olympic Torch

rvkpa
04-09-2008, 07:01 PM
I read in the New York Daily News that the Olympic Torch Relay in San Franscisco was secured by Chinese Special Forces personnel. It wasn't the focus (or even a focus) of the article, but it bears mentioning. Allowing foreign military forces to operate in our country in ANY capacity is a travesty! How can we stand for that? What do you all think?

Sandra
04-09-2008, 07:06 PM
I read in the New York Daily News that the Olympic Torch Relay in San Franscisco was secured by Chinese Special Forces personnel. It wasn't the focus (or even a focus) of the article, but it bears mentioning. Allowing foreign military forces to operate in our country in ANY capacity is a travesty! How can we stand for that? What do you all think?

What countries are the US military present in?

Zolah
04-09-2008, 07:10 PM

You mean the grumpy looking chinese guys with the snazzy blue tracksuits? :p

rvkpa
04-09-2008, 07:13 PM
It doesn't matter Sandra of course it is unfortunate that our current government uses our military as it does, but the main issue is that we shouldn't stand for foreign troops on our soil.

Sandra
04-09-2008, 07:17 PM
It doesn't matter Sandra of course it is unfortunate that our current government uses our military as it does, but the main issue is that we shouldn't stand for foreign troops on our soil.

The "Spirit of the Olympics" excuses it. It's been done forever. Tradition.