PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota?

acroso
04-09-2008, 04:23 PM
What's going on in South Dakota?

I read that Paul was doing well there?

...if I were good at websites and make one about all the states and counties that Paulites have taken over so far. (even if he couldn't take over the entire state)

skyorbit
04-09-2008, 05:57 PM
It's hard to say.

We have a full slate of Delegates.

So does McCain.

Everything hinges on our Primery June 3rd.

Uncommited has a full slate of delegates to I think.

We have to get at least 20% of the vote in order for any of PAul's delegates to go to national. Then the Delegates are aportioned amount the people that get at least 20%.

So say Paul gets 20% and McCain gets 60% and Uncomited gets 20% of the vote.

Then the top 20% of Paul's delegates, the top 60% of the McCain Slate, and the top 20% of the Uncommitted slate, goes.

However, if Paul gets 20% and McCain get's 60% But Uncommitted doesn't get 20% (Huccabee and Romney are still on the ballot, go figure) Then Paul will get to send 25% of his Delegates, But McCain will send %75 of his.

So we're encouraging people -- if they don't like McCain, to at least show up and Vote. They can either vote None of the Above (The Uncommitted slate) or they can vote for Ron Paul.

Really the Uncommitted slate is a mixture of Paul and McCain supporters. I didn't even understand that their WAS an uncommitted slate, until the day of our county caucus or I would have worked to get some of our People into Uncommitted slots also. As it stands almost all the alternates on the uncommitted slate or Ron Paul supporters, But the 1st Ron Paul Delegate on the Uncommitted slate, is number 8 and on down.

We're in the process of raising funds for a Bill Board in Sioux FAlls, and another one in Rapid City. We already have one in Yankton. You can view the design here.
http://files.meetup.com/651361/Ron%20Paul%20Billboard.JPG

We need about $400 more for the Sioux Falls one, and then about another$1,000 for the Rapid City one. Please contribute to this chip-in, if you'd like to help.
http://sdronpaul.chipin.com/mypages/

We're canvasing every weekend in Sioux Falls. The meet-up group in Yankton is doing the same thing, as is the organization in RApid City, The Water town Area, and Aberdeen. The Brookings group kind of imploded :( That was mainly college support, and I think many college students have gotten discouraged.

But I meet more people everyday, who believe in Paul's philosophies.

We've also been buying and manning booths at Gun shows, and flea markets, etc.

Tracy

HenryKnoxFineBooks
04-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Thanks Tracy, A clear post, full of info!

skyorbit
04-10-2008, 12:15 AM
Your WElcome.

BTW. Please help us get our BillBoards
We need about $400 more for the Sioux Falls one, and then about another$1,000 for the Rapid City one. Please contribute to this chip-in, if you'd like to help.
http://sdronpaul.chipin.com/mypages/

Also, one thing I forgot to mention. The meet-up group in Tea has been purchasing Ads in the Sioux Falls Shopping news also.

Tracy