PDA

View Full Version : You simply cant buy this kind of advertising, Dallas TV

Dave Wood
08-20-2007, 03:42 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8863226571818749479&q=ron+paul&total=333&start=10&num=10&so=1&type=search&plindex=1

:D :D :D :D :D

Brasil Branco
08-20-2007, 03:47 PM
It was an okay report- there were subtle potshots at Ron Paul, but nothing too blatant. At least it might get people to wonder about who he is :)

RestoreTheRepublic
08-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Ron Paul's granddaughter is hot ;)

robatsu
08-20-2007, 03:58 PM
"Increasingly difficult to ignore", love that quote, but that aint gonna stop Fox from trying.

Actually, all things considered, a pretty positive piece, certainly much better than the tinfoil hat/lunatic fringe stuff that recently has been moonbatted around. Me, if I had never heard of him, I might think, yeah, sounds like a hardass, but I would be intrigued by the explosion of support, probably enough to give the guy a look. Plus, his granddaughter..... The campaign should trot her out more often.

ScotTX
08-20-2007, 03:58 PM
I would say that was the most fair and balanced piece I've ever seen come out of Fox News. It's funny, though, how, out of all of the YouTube videos they could have chosen from, they used one titled "Ron Paul Speaks Truth To Kooks" I have to check that one out. It's great that we're getting TV time in MAJOR MARKETS as well as small ones.

Syren123
08-20-2007, 04:05 PM
It's funny, though, how, out of all of the YouTube videos they could have chosen from, they used one titled "Ron Paul Speaks Truth To Kooks"

Kooks as opposed to the sheep who watch Fox News? Much rather be a "kook" in Fox's eyes.

Zydeco
08-20-2007, 04:10 PM
I thought it was pretty positive. Would've be nice if they had explained *why* Ron Paul wants to eliminate the Dept. of Education, Homeland Security, etc., but you can't have everything in life.

dseisner
08-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Ron Paul's granddaughter is hot ;)

That's true.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-20-2007, 04:19 PM
They had to just squeeze in the "Ron Paul speaks to kooks" title above that video. Of course, THAT's not editorializing, is it?

Spike Kojima
08-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Treason , traitor , longshot?...etc
It's nice to get coverage but man ...teh bias.

fj45lvr
08-20-2007, 04:21 PM
This report to me is more of a "HATCHET JOB"....

they make Him into possibly a "traitor"?? WTF!!

they use comment by paul on the terrorist attacks from the debate by only giving half of what he said (definite hack job) leaving viewers to believe that bombing Iraq is the sole reason (misleading)...as if 17 saudis attack us because we have been bombing IRAQ for 10 years!! LOL

The report further tries to marginalize him by summarizing him as a "long-shot"

When the station states that other republicans think his comments are "treason" who exactly are they referring to?? Enquiring minds want to know.....especially when Paul clearly backed up his correct assesment with his required READING LIST for Rudy and anyone else that is ignorant enough to attack his reason in this area....I guess either the station in Dallas has to read up themselves or clue us in on who exactly these "other republicans" are to see that they educate themselves as well.

Also like how the reporter acts as if eliminating these departments is a really OMINOUS thing?? What do you think these guys attitudes are going to be when the dollar loses confidence around the world swimming in a sea of debt from unfettered waste and duplication???

jasonhlasvegas
08-20-2007, 04:34 PM
This is a Fox affiliate. What do you expect? This is dress rehearsal for the battle to come.

devil21
08-20-2007, 04:38 PM
I think it was a pretty decent story and just showed both sides of how people can view Dr. Paul's views. Id definitely say it was more positive than negative and hell at this point getting Dr. Paul on the tv is a major step up.

Sematary
08-20-2007, 04:42 PM
I thought that was a really good piece and the commentator was correct at the end - you can't ignore his campaign any more.

ChristopherJ
08-20-2007, 04:48 PM
It was clearly a hit piece..."Traitor" and "Treason" WTF?

If I didn't already know RP and that Fox News is a joke I wouldn't like him very much after that.

Eli
08-20-2007, 04:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1LivxtjYgs&NR=1

fj45lvr
08-20-2007, 04:54 PM
It was clearly a hit piece..."Traitor" and "Treason" WTF?

If I didn't already know RP and that Fox News is a joke I wouldn't like him very much after that.

EXACTLY

a person never hearing about Paul gets hit with:

"republicans think he's a traitor" a lame soundbyte that doesn't respond to the charge.

he will eliminate "homeland security"....OH MY GOD!!! how will we ever be safe!!

he's a "LONG SHOT" that will just be a 3rd party candidate...

NO QUESTION this is clear yellow journalism at its best....to be expected from the interests that don't believe in fiscal responsibility or anything else that will cut into their interests (no matter if those involve following the Constitution...thats just a piece of paper anyhow).

drednot
08-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Hit piece or not, they are giving him the kind of publicity he could really use.

At the very least viewers of this piece are going to say "hmm, I wonder what all this is about", and some will check it out on the internet.

I mean, credit to them for having the guts to show that Hannity shot with him leading the text messaging poll.

Joe Knows
08-20-2007, 06:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP9-ZG7wsdk

I guess we are ending the ignore stage.

0zzy
08-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Still have the very-hard-to-explain-in-2-second phase. Ending departments, but don't mention why. Long-shot, but just add he'd be a 3rd party. meh.

Keith
08-20-2007, 07:21 PM
The local news seems to be able to run a non-approved story from time to time.

Nihilist23
08-20-2007, 07:27 PM
I like his granddaughter.

EvoPro
08-20-2007, 07:40 PM
This has been discussed here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=13240

I agree with the guys that this is still a hit-piece.

0zzy
08-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Still have the very-hard-to-explain-in-2-second phase. Ending departments, but don't mention why. Long-shot, but just add he'd be a 3rd party. meh.

wgadget
08-20-2007, 08:22 PM
On the other hand, how many real Republicans are totally fed up with the choices that they DO get to see in the media?

They might actually become interested in Ron Paul, if these morons are calling him a traitor. Ron Paul, the UN-Republican.

ButchHowdy
08-20-2007, 08:31 PM
I'll take it!