PDA

View Full Version : The Jesse Ventura issue...

I Am Weasel
04-09-2008, 03:25 PM
I've read in a few other threads, not the grassroots that Jesse Ventura had such an awesome interview on FOX news today. Many people don't read anything else but the grassroots, and so I'm posting this here, why? Because it's not about "another candidate" as much as it is another omission of Ron Paul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmACYY3_LXo

It's so nice how Ron Paul was hammered during the debates about whether or not he believed 9/11 was a government conspiracy. He was publicly laughed at, mocked and politically shunned while the media had a hay day smashing his campaign and all our efforts into the ground. Now that damn worthless POS not worth a pimple on a boars ass, Hannity spouts off EVERYTHING that he mocked Ron Paul ran for as if he believes NOW that this is really what we need!

Hannity: Lower taxes?
Ventura: Yup
Hannity: Less government intervention in our lives?
Hannity: Individual responsibility?

It stops at the border issue, but the FACT is Hannity flat out laughed and made a mockery of Ron Paul during the past debates knowing that RP stood for these very issues. Yet he's kissing Venturas ass about these issues and neither of them bring up Ron Paul. RP makes his entire campaign based on personal liberty and is laughed at, and now even Ventura states at 4:40 that he doesn't support any candidate running. Apparently Ron Paul doesn't exist. You people on here support Ron Paul, but apparently think Ventura is the bomb. Then this wet smeary blob of purely hot steamy BULLSHIT is put on display on FOX of all things and nobody is fired up? WTF??? Not to slam everybody here, but wake the F(*K UP! Have we forgotten the past 10 months this fast?? Doesn't any of this matter to anybody here? Why Ventura's BLATANT omission of Ron Paul doesn't just piss you people off here is beyond me. If these issues are so damned important to Hannity, then why didn't he bring up that Ron Paul ran on these issues and he laughed at him? And even a bigger question why didn't Ventura stand up and say "we HAVE an awesome candidate in Ron Paul"? No.. we can't do that...

DAMNET!! I'm so pissed off! RP dedicates his life to liberty and is laughed at and forgotten.... Talk about a damn side show to the circus for an election. I'm literally ashamed to be an American right now.

The One
04-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Hannity has always paid lip service to conservative principles. This is not a first for him.

mtmedlin
04-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Sean Hanity needs to get some.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONZ9bL2WGBE

AJ Antimony
04-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Ron Paul is running for President. Jesse Ventura is not.

That's why they don't mention him.

Kludge
04-09-2008, 03:55 PM
The elections will be out of most people's minds for a few months.... Any newcomers have no chance.

That doesn't mean they can't be "mascots" for their message/party, which is why I now (almost) prefer Barr over Paul. Already have some nifty Barr '08 shirts on their way. Ventura has no party, and whose message has no principles, just his "common sense".

Zimmychonga
04-09-2008, 03:59 PM
He dismisses Ron Paul because he's in the Republican Party. Simple as that.

Alawn
04-09-2008, 04:16 PM
When asked directly about Ron Paul he says he likes him. If he isn't asked directly he wont say anything about him. Why? For one Ventura does not like Republicans or Democrats. It kind of messes up his speech that both parties stink and have ruined everything if he says except one Republican. The main reason though is that at this point no matter how much we want it the likelihood of Ron Paul getting the nomination is very very slim. Maybe it could happen but it would be one of the biggest upsets in American history.

Of course Sean Hannity is a tool. He isn't attacking Ventura because he isn't running for the presidency and because Ventura is more intimidating than Paul. They only attack people they think are a danger. At this point they don't seem to be attacking Paul as much.

haaaylee
04-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Except he mentioned Ron Paul during his Larry King interview.

Watch that one if you haven't. We can't expect everyone to run around promoting Ron Paul, this is a Jesse Ventura interview, not an "I'm endorsing Ron Paul" interview.

It's about the ideas, not the man.

Mentioning Ron Paul might turn people off, if they have already decided they think he's a kook. If not they may like what he's saying and eventually maybe it will click -- that it's the same message the kook Ron Paul was talking about.

adam1mc
04-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Hannity is a fairy... Who cares about him anyway

xd9fan
04-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Jesse is in it for Jesse
the sooner you guys get that...the better

hopeforamerica
04-09-2008, 05:27 PM
You watch way too much t.v.;) So far, no one can live up to Ron Paul. He is a rare gem among a bunch of cow pies.

Rhys
04-09-2008, 05:35 PM

it's not as simple as that. He dismisses Ron Paul because not only is he paid to, but he'd lose his job if he didn't and die depending on if he told the truth. The Republican Party is also in the same boat... they are not the masters but the servants. Nice GOP hate language though.

Broadlighter
04-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Jesse is in it for Jesse
the sooner you guys get that...the better

Agreed. He's just trying to sell his book.

The title is very telling also "Don't Start The Revolution Without Me."

That was the title of a 70's Movie farce about the French Revolution starring Gene Wilder and Donald Sutherland playing the Corsican Brothers.

Ventura is really original, isn't he? He's being opportunistic about the discontent we've been feeling all this time.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
04-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Ron Paul is a threat to the GOP establishment. Ventura is a threat to no one. And i think Hanity knows that Ventura is capable of making a fool of himself, and needs no help doing it.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
04-09-2008, 06:58 PM
nt

speciallyblend
04-09-2008, 07:32 PM

and whos to blame him? no one. the fact is ron paul is awesome ,the republican party is not

haaaylee
04-09-2008, 07:47 PM
it's not as simple as that. He dismisses Ron Paul because not only is he paid to, but he'd lose his job if he didn't and die depending on if he told the truth. The Republican Party is also in the same boat... they are not the masters but the servants. Nice GOP hate language though.

who is paying him? the same people who wouldn't let him stay on air? if so, why are they letting him talk now? and if not, then who is paying him now? if he's that easy to buy why didn't he just say what cnn (or whatever station he had a contract with) wanted him to?

Zimmychonga
04-09-2008, 07:50 PM
They definitely have alot in common politically. The only differences between them I see are his open borders (which I am not, but can understand his point of view on it) and he's pro-choice (which I am); he's very libertarian. People like him and Paul make me proud to be an American, and know that all politician's are not crooks.

Almost done with his book, I can't put it down, I highly recommend.

porcupine
04-09-2008, 07:50 PM
What is with this Ron Paul worship? If someone doesn't talk incessantly about Ron Paul, than he deserves to have a whining post about him on RPF? Ventura is out there pushing the right message. He's doing it on his own terms. Good for him. This cult is getting ridiculous.

I Am Weasel
04-09-2008, 08:16 PM
What is with this Ron Paul worship? If someone doesn't talk incessantly about Ron Paul, than he deserves to have a whining post about him on RPF? Ventura is out there pushing the right message. He's doing it on his own terms. Good for him. This cult is getting ridiculous.

That's not the point. The point is that Ventura explicitly said there is NOBODY worth voting for. Something we all know is wrong. It's as though he's just bought off by the media as well. Bunch of two faced hypocrites at FOX mock RP, then adore Ventura. No, Ventura isn't running right now, but if he were, I doubt the media would do to him what they did to RP. THAT is bullshit. There isn't anything more than his celebrity that makes him who he is. I'm sure there are a thousand people on this site who could fill Venturas or Pauls shoes. But it isn't about dignity, respect, integrity or anything else. It's about popularity amongst the mainstream.

Alawn
04-09-2008, 08:32 PM
That's not the point. The point is that Ventura explicitly said there is NOBODY worth voting for. Something we all know is wrong. It's as though he's just bought off by the media as well. Bunch of two faced hypocrites at FOX mock RP, then adore Ventura. No, Ventura isn't running right now, but if he were, I doubt the media would do to him what they did to RP. THAT is bullshit. There isn't anything more than his celebrity that makes him who he is. I'm sure there are a thousand people on this site who could fill Venturas or Pauls shoes. But it isn't about dignity, respect, integrity or anything else. It's about popularity amongst the mainstream.

If Ron Paul was just going on a book tour and never ran for president they never would have attacked him on anything that bad. Maybe they would have a little bit but not that much. They attacked him because they really really didn't want him to win. Ventura isn't running so they have less motivation to attack him. And some wimp like Hannity is probably too afraid to piss off Ventura because of the off chance he loses it and kicks his ass. I wish this wasn't true but he says there is nobody worth voting for because he doesn't think Ron Paul has any chance of winning the nomination. And yes I think Ron Paul is a whole lot better than Ventura. But Ventura is still good on a lot of issues and hopefully he runs for senate.