PDA

View Full Version : Groundbreaking Cancer Treatment Coming From my Hometown!

amy31416
04-08-2008, 04:14 PM
It seems a bit like quackery, but the clinical trials are starting in Florida very soon and it looks very promising. It's all about treating cancer with radio waves. John Kanzius himself is a rather interesting guy too.

And the second link is for a fascinating way to create energy and clean water, it's essentially an accidental discovery that's a by-product of the cancer treatment.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/08/27/earlyshow/health/main3206892.shtml

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:John_Kanzius_Produces_Hydrogen_from_Salt _Water_Using_Radio_Waves

"Fascinating" Possible Cancer Treatment
Pennsylvania Patient Builds Machine Harnessing Radio Waves To Attack Cells

ERIE, Pa., Aug. 27, 2007
Send this story via emailE-Mail Story

V

John Kanzius hopes his machine using radio waves will one day represent a significant advance in treating cancer. (CBS/The Early Show)

Leukemia patient John Kanzius has developed a new cancer-fighting technique that uses radio waves to destroy cancer-causing agents. Benno Schmidt reports. | Share/Embed

(CBS) Editor's note: Test results revealed in November 2007 in an issue of the medical journal "Cancer" show that the harmless radio waves described below were used to kill liver tumors in rabbits with a 100 percent success rate and without side effects. To see a summary of the latest results, click here.

For most, a cancer diagnosis can be devastating.

But, as CBS News contributor Benno Schmidt reported on The Early Show Monday, for John Kanzius, it was a call to action.

Kanzius isn't a doctor. He doesn't even have a college degree.

Yet, observes Schmidt, the device he invented has impressed a notable researcher and inspired his hometown, Erie, Pa., to the point where it gave him a key to the city in April.

Asked by Schmidt what made him think he could cure cancer, Kanzius replied with a laugh, "What made me think I couldn't cure cancer? Nobody else was doing it!"

A former radio and TV engineer and one-time station owner, Kanzius, who suffers from leukemia, hated his chemotherapy and saw its devastating effect on others.

"I ran into some of the same patients over and over again and, to see their smiles disappear within a few weeks, and then watch their hair disappear and then, clinging to their mothers asking, 'What's wrong with me?' was heartbreaking."

Kanzius, who'd been building radios since childhood, believed radio waves could somehow be harnessed to destroy cancer, without drugs or invasive surgery.

"I envision this treatment taking no more than a couple of minutes or so," he says.

Kanzius hopes cancer treatments could work something like this: A patient would be injected with tiny metal nano-particles, which would be carried through the bloodstream by a targeting molecule and attach only to cancerous cells. The patient would then be exposed to an energy field created by radio waves, and feel nothing, while the nano-particles would generate enough heat to destroy their cancerous host cell.

While noting that targeting cancer cells will be the biggest challenge, Kanzius demonstrated just how easily the nano-particles could be used as receivers.

A lab worker injected carbon nano-particles into a specific spot in a piece of liver, which was then placed into an energy field of low frequency radio waves.

Within seconds, the areas injected the with nano-particles were heated to the point of actually cooking the liver, while leaving the surrounding meat unscathed.

Kanzius' invention has caught the attention of Dr. Steven Curley, a surgical oncologist and cancer researcher at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.

"This has the most fascinating potential I've seen in anything in my twenty years of cancer research," Curley told Schmidt.

Curley has developed current methods of using radio frequencies to attack cancer, but says he looks forward to one day using a non-invasive approach like the one Kanzius is working on.

"This," Curley says, "is what will get into the cancer cells and again … release heat that will kill the cancer cells."

He wouldn't reveal animal test results on camera, but says he's optimistic that his findings will be announced this fall.

In the meantime, he's joined Kanzius in an effort to raise awareness and funds to expedite further research.

The April symposium at which Kanzius got the key to Erie brought out 700 people who were not only enthused by the prospect of curing cancer, but having their city as the manufacturing hub of the device Kanzius invented.

Former Erie Mayor Joyce Savocchio remarks, "I always say to John Kanzius, he'd better practice Swedish, because I honestly believe he's going to be in Sweden accepting the Nobel Prize!"

Savocchio leads the fundraising efforts in Erie and says, since the machine would be built there, Erie cud benefit, big-time.

"The projected income," she points out, "should this be successful, is anywhere between $2.5 billion and $10 billion a year."

Experts say human trials using Kanzius' device are at least three years away, but Kanzius is undaunted, telling Schmidt, "I'd like to see the first patient treated wile I'm still alive, and to have the doctor tell them they're cured!

As for Kanzius himself - Schmidt says his health is considered stable, and he continues to undergo chemotherapy for his leukemia.

© MMVII, CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Send this story via emailE-Mail Story

Sandra
04-08-2008, 04:18 PM
I hope this is it!

Kotin
04-08-2008, 04:20 PM
that is amazing!

if this works it could change everything!

yongrel
04-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Oh wow. Fingers are crossed.

amy31416
04-08-2008, 05:02 PM
If the trials were to be in Erie, I'd even move back there permanently and beg Kanzius for a job, even if it only paid minimum wage.

It's all over the news here.

yongrel
04-08-2008, 05:35 PM
If the trials were to be in Erie, I'd even move back there permanently and beg Kanzius for a job, even if it only paid minimum wage.

It's all over the news here.

It would be incredible to work with him on the cure. I'd move back there too if I thought he needed help from an obsessive-compulsive juggler.

angelatc
04-08-2008, 05:48 PM
I predict he will be written off as a quack. Big medicine will stomp this like a bug.

yongrel
04-08-2008, 05:51 PM
I predict he will be written off as a quack. Big medicine will stomp this like a bug.

I doubt that. If this works, it will be a profitable treatment for centuries. Cancer isn't going away anytime soon.

tmosley
04-09-2008, 11:57 AM
"Possible" cures for cancer are a dime a dozen. Hell, I'm working on one (really). What he has there is a cool physics trick. Whether it cures cancer is yet to be seen. It certainly doesn't produce energy for free. The energy comes from the radio waves. Depending on the amount of energy it uses (ie the efficiency with which it splits the water into O2 and H2) to "burn" the water, it may be a useful means of water purification or hydrogen production (it still loses energy--but hydrogen is easy to carry than a really long extension cord).

amy31416
04-09-2008, 04:57 PM
"Possible" cures for cancer are a dime a dozen. Hell, I'm working on one (really). What he has there is a cool physics trick. Whether it cures cancer is yet to be seen. It certainly doesn't produce energy for free. The energy comes from the radio waves. Depending on the amount of energy it uses (ie the efficiency with which it splits the water into O2 and H2) to "burn" the water, it may be a useful means of water purification or hydrogen production (it still loses energy--but hydrogen is easy to carry than a really long extension cord).

Of course, all modes of producing energy lose energy. There is no such thing as "free energy." And hell, I'm not working to cure cancer, my pet is autoimmune diseases.

The reason this particular treatment has moved from being some goofball in his basement with big dreams, to getting support from the University of Pittsburgh, Penn State and getting some media is because of the real reproducible results it has shown so far. That's why it's going to clinical trials. I don't get too psyched about any innovations in the health industry, I worked in clinical diagnostics for years and there's some real crap out there- very few things that really work. In my opinion, radio waves and sound waves are very underutilized entities in both the medical and the analytical world. If I had it to do all over again, I'd get a degree in physics, specializing in that.

His willingness to sell the by-product process to support the possible cancer cure, to me, shows that he isn't some charlatan looking to make a buck off of chumps.

ResistTemptation
04-09-2008, 11:56 PM
I know many of us are Edward Griffin fans, so i'm posting this because I think that there is a possibility that his research is accurate and should be tested further. This is by no means an attempt to deflate the amazing work of other cancer researchers, a few of which we have on this board, but an appeal to raise awareness of the multifaceted approaches scientists are taking in the search for a cure.
I suggest checking out this book when you finish your current mises, goldwater, paul, or rand variety:D
http://www.amazon.com/World-Without-Cancer-Story-Vitamin/dp/0912986190

tmosley
04-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Of course, all modes of producing energy lose energy. There is no such thing as "free energy." And hell, I'm not working to cure cancer, my pet is autoimmune diseases.

The reason this particular treatment has moved from being some goofball in his basement with big dreams, to getting support from the University of Pittsburgh, Penn State and getting some media is because of the real reproducible results it has shown so far. That's why it's going to clinical trials. I don't get too psyched about any innovations in the health industry, I worked in clinical diagnostics for years and there's some real crap out there- very few things that really work. In my opinion, radio waves and sound waves are very underutilized entities in both the medical and the analytical world. If I had it to do all over again, I'd get a degree in physics, specializing in that.

His willingness to sell the by-product process to support the possible cancer cure, to me, shows that he isn't some charlatan looking to make a buck off of chumps.

Thanks Amy. I had seen some videos on this before, but I hadn't heard about the legitimate funding. That gives me a more favorable perspective.

As for the free energy thing, I had seen it presented before as if he was getting energy by burning the water, which is ludicrous, of course. All it's doing is producing hydrogen and oxygen. If if does so efficiently, great, but if not, it's just a neat trick, like a Tesla coil.

amy31416
04-11-2008, 05:52 AM
Thanks Amy. I had seen some videos on this before, but I hadn't heard about the legitimate funding. That gives me a more favorable perspective.

As for the free energy thing, I had seen it presented before as if he was getting energy by burning the water, which is ludicrous, of course. All it's doing is producing hydrogen and oxygen. If if does so efficiently, great, but if not, it's just a neat trick, like a Tesla coil.

It's all about the efficiency, there is no magic in it. But don't forget, another byproduct aside from hydrogen and oxygen is heat, which = energy. I haven't studied the process in-depth, especially compared to others, but I think it could have some real applications, just like the accidental discovery of PTFE. Whether that will be in water purification, heating systems--I really have no idea. If the right people get their hands on it, I predict it starts small and remains a small idea for quite a while until scientists get their mind wrapped around it--it won't necessarily be revolutionary, but I think it will have some effect and applications in the future.

tmosley
04-11-2008, 08:46 AM
The original source of the heat energy is the radio waves. There is nothing consumed when the water is "burned" except for radio waves. The water is just converted into hydrogen and oxygen, and when they combust again, they go back to water. So the input is an unknown amount of radio waves, and the output is heat and an unknown amount of energy-containing gas.

If the process is efficient (ie it doesn't take a lot more energy than current H2 production methods) then it would be a good source for H2, as you mentioned.

Dr.3D
04-11-2008, 09:04 AM
It sounds a lot like induction heating.

amy31416
04-14-2008, 03:57 PM
For anyone who's interested, here's the article and video from Kanzius' interview on 60 Minutes last night: http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60minutes/main3415.shtml