PDA

View Full Version : Have You Participated in CNN Exit Poll?

Sandra
04-08-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm trying to find first hand eye witness accounts of the existence of CNN exit polls. So far, NADA!

Give me liberty
04-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Then i guess the whole thing was staged lol.

You know election. Super Tesuday crap.

Sandra
04-08-2008, 01:47 PM
I was at a polling place in NO in 2004. A reporter said that an exit poll was being conducted there. There wasn't, just the reporter and a camera guy showed up, did the story, and left.

BarryDonegan
04-08-2008, 02:18 PM
I didn't encounter one

runningdiz
04-08-2008, 03:21 PM
You are right there is no CNN exit poll because they don't conduct one. The AP hires a company to do it. All of the news networks use the same statistics. They probably pay a fee for it to help pay for the cost.

Here is a link http://www.exit-poll.net/exit_polling.html

AJ Antimony
04-08-2008, 03:58 PM
I was never polled.

Sandra
04-08-2008, 04:03 PM
You are right there is no CNN exit poll because they don't conduct one. The AP hires a company to do it. All of the news networks use the same statistics. They probably pay a fee for it to help pay for the cost.

There has been no exit poll conducted by anybody so far. They claim that exit polls are conducted physically, at some polling places. So far i can't find anybody that witnessed one taken.

Rhys
04-08-2008, 04:19 PM
yeah they exist. if i remember, i'll upload the picture i took. it was an old guy at a table with a yellow pad, and you filled out the paper and stuffed it in a cardboard box. then he called it in later to CNN. Also, he wasn't evil, but he was cold and they made him sit outside even though the line was just inside. i fealt bad for him. I was freezing wanting to die from the couple hours i was there with my RP sign. he was outside from poll open to close.

Sandra
04-08-2008, 04:23 PM
yeah they exist. if i remember, i'll upload the picture i took. it was an old guy at a table with a yellow pad, and you filled out the paper and stuffed it in a cardboard box. then he called it in later to CNN. Also, he wasn't evil, but he was cold and they made him sit outside even though the line was just inside. i fealt bad for him. I was freezing wanting to die from the couple hours i was there with my RP sign. he was outside from poll open to close.

OOohhh Please! Thank you!

Rhys
04-08-2008, 04:27 PM
OOohhh Please! Thank you!

i'm looking now but it wasn't sexy. :D it really was just an old guy at a card table. kinda like a cakewalk raffle!

Sandra
04-08-2008, 04:33 PM
What was he wearing? :p

runningdiz
04-08-2008, 04:39 PM
There has been no exit poll conducted by anybody so far. They claim that exit polls are conducted physically, at some polling places. So far i can't find anybody that witnessed one taken.

Yes I am sure the company Fox, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN and the AP hire send people out but there are so many precincts in the country. They don't send someone to every polling place there is thousands and thousands of them. Its not something obvious as well. There is not some guy with a big CNN tent that says Exit Polling this way. Sometimes they choose people randomly which means they approach you as you leave and ask you to take it.

Sandra
04-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Yes I am sure they do it but there are so many precincts in the country. They don't send someone to every polling in place. Its not something obvious as well. There is not some guy with a big CNN tent that says Exit Polling this way. Sometimes they choose people randomly which means they approach you as you leave and give you the survey then.

I know, but the exit poller will be identifiable and present from open til close. He will have to have credentials to set him apart from poll workers too.

runningdiz
04-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Fixed my last post because it was confusing. Well as someone mentioned before the person conducting the exit poll by law must be outside the polling place x amount of feet away. So that alone would set him apart from the people working because they would be inside. Like I said before it may not be as obvious as we imagine. They are not going to want to poll every person who votes they just want a sample.

Rhys
04-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Fixed my last post because it was confusing. Well as someone mentioned before the person conducting the exit poll by law must be outside the polling place x amount of feet away. So that alone would set him apart from the people working because they would be inside. Like I said before it may not be as obvious as we imagine. They are not going to want to poll every person who votes they just want a sample.

I can't find the photo. it may be on my broken camera. If I find it, I'll post it.

Anyway, he was eaily identifiable. He was wearing a blue hoodie and black jacket. he was black and about 60 and slightly overweight. his cardboard box was yellow and had the logos of a couple news outlets on it. the yellow form to fill out had news logos on it too and asked the kind of questions they report on TV. race, when did you decide, are you christian, strong republican or independant.... stuff like that. He was just outside the door and at first I thought he was a poll worker. I asked him where to go and he said "i just do the exit polling. I don't know." I took an exit poll and fealt awsome to tell CNN that i didn't vote for one of their own and make their exit polls report at least one vote for RP.

nate895
04-08-2008, 10:40 PM

FNC uses a different one, there statistics are usually a few percentage points off of CNN's data.