PDA

View Full Version : Did Ron Paul get Minnesota or not?

Ian A.
04-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Every time I read an article about Alaska or Minnesota delegates, or ANY state convention, the rules and procedures make me glassy eyed and I give up! It's so confusing.

Did Ron Paul win Minnesota delegates for the National Convention or not? If not, why are the articles on the website?

Shii
04-08-2008, 12:12 PM
To answer you I just came back to this forum after reading exciting news in my local paper!

"They'll be national delegates" -- party spokesman

http://www.startribune.com/politics/national/president/17374639.html

Scribbler de Stebbing
04-08-2008, 01:19 PM
We absolute have seven national delegates for Ron Paul out of Minnesota so far (maybe eight). They will all get to vote for Ron Paul.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
04-08-2008, 01:26 PM
When you read these stories, be sure to recognize the difference between District, County, State, and National conventions/delegates. People are excited when their county elects 42 out of 68 delegates for Ron Paul, but the reader has to remember/figure out that these delegates then go on to the State convention, where the process continues.

All in all, its a great thing, but it seems some of the readers/replyers dont realy understand whats going on. Maybe they read too fast.

Anyway, go Minnesota!

defe07
04-08-2008, 01:42 PM
No, it's still not over. We did get 7 or 8 out of the 18 Congressional District National Delegates that were selected during the week but there are 6 more of these National Delegates left to be allocated and 10 at-large National Delegates will be elected at the State Convention.

nbruno322
04-08-2008, 03:24 PM
we are working hard to make MN and the entire US Ron Paul country!