PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Incompetence #53

0zzy
04-08-2008, 11:05 AM
http://lewrockwell.com/

State Chairman Kevin Knedler gets high 5's for the smooth operation of his first convention and mega-kudos for overseeing the scrapping of an archaic set of By-Laws while creating a "more growth" and user friendly organization. But Libertarians are still stuck on stupid when it comes to the blood and guts of reality of political campaigning. Sadly – maybe tragically – Ron Paul showed some left-over Libertarian timidity in failing to assert himself in the MSM debates, being too frugal with his bodacious Internet fundraising successes and, remarkably, failing to take advantage of the Holy Grail of Libertarian campaigning: Free Media. I know. My producer and I called Paul HQ over 100 times in 3 months to book him on my show, the #1 rated talk show in NW Ohio. (You remember Ohio? One of the "important Battleground States"?) Ron Paul's peeps never returned a single call.

yongrel
04-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Yeah, stuff like this makes me less than thrilled.

From what I've seen, the campaign staff didn't have the big-time experience to run a successful national campaign, and they got caught with their pants down when this thing picked up steam.

newyearsrevolution08
04-08-2008, 12:11 PM
there are MANY things wrong with the official campaign BUT the thing is what are WE going to do about it. Ron Paul did ALOT for this effort and odds are can't do the entire thing, know exactly how to take the country back in ONE ELECTION.

He started something that has been TRYING to catch on for many many years now and I think the torch is getting passed onto us from Ron.

He can't know everything, do everything and get everyone perfect on his campaign. If it were that easy it would be us strategizing on how to beat obama and clinton on november right now and NOT griping about how in the hell mccain of all people ended up on top.