PDA

View Full Version : What's This "Petraeus Hearing" All About???

Dianne
04-08-2008, 07:14 AM
It seems that today, General Petraeus is gonna be making his case fo the war in front of a Senate panel. And, as one MSNBC anchor incorrectly claimed, "all three" presidential candidates will have a chance to question him. What I'd like to know is, if this isn't just a Senate thing, why Ron Paul isn't getting the chance to question Petraeus? I would just relish that C-SPAN footage, as I'm sure many other folks would.

GunnyFreedom
04-08-2008, 08:03 AM
It seems that today, General Petraeus is gonna be making his case fo the war in front of a Senate panel. And, as one MSNBC anchor incorrectly claimed, "all three" presidential candidates will have a chance to question him. What I'd like to know is, if this isn't just a Senate thing, why Ron Paul isn't getting the chance to question Petraeus? I would just relish that C-SPAN footage, as I'm sure many other folks would.

it may well be 'just a senate thing' as all the MSM candidates are current Senators.

Give me liberty
04-08-2008, 08:07 AM
To answer your question

What's This "Petraeus Hearing" All About??

I think it about iran and trying to tie it up with iraq.

Oh and hears the news update for ya. '

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/08/iraq.hearing/index.html

"We are no longer staring into the abyss of defeat," McCain said, adding that he has no desire to keep U.S. troops in Iraq "a minute longer than necessary."

Lol what kind of joke is this CNN?
Oh and what a lovely zombie look picture of Petraeus they have found.

Zippyjuan
04-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Ron Paul has himself suspended his campaign and he cannot win the Republican nomonation so he is not considered a viable candidate. I don't see Ralph Nader there either.

General Petraeus is making his regular "State of the War" report to congress- letting them know where things stand. He has been more honest and knowlegable about the war than others who were previously in charge.

tmosley
04-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Ron Paul has himself suspended his campaign

lol wut?

weslinder
04-08-2008, 01:34 PM
It's grandstanding to make political points. McCain will praise what a great job Petraeus has done (he's right, Petraeus wrote the book on counter-insurrection), and how the war is going swimmingly (not really right), and how we should commit to support the Iraqis for 100 years. Clinton and Obama will bash Bush and tell how the war was a mistake. Obama will ask for troop withdrawals. Clinton will conveniently forget that part. Next week, they'll all vote to continue to fund an endless police action.

raiha
04-08-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm listening to it now. He is coming down very hard on Iran. Why am I not surprised?

anonymous6728
04-08-2008, 02:52 PM
http://www.infowars.com/?p=1328&cp=4

Consider the source and decide for yourself what the Petraeus speech means. I think war is inevitable, but as an invader, you would like it to be a surprise.

GunnyFreedom
04-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Ron Paul has himself suspended his campaign

Wow! In every post of yours I read, you are just a regular font of misinformation!

sratiug
04-08-2008, 05:02 PM
[QUOTE=Zippyjuan;1391311]Ron Paul has himself suspended his campaign and he cannot win the Republican nomonation so he is not considered a viable candidate. I don't see Ralph Nader there either.

STFU