PDA

View Full Version : A dream I had

Yieu
04-08-2008, 02:30 AM
I have never posted before, but I have been lurking since the first or second debate in early 2007. I had an inspirational dream and have decided to share it.

In the dream I was in some sort of military facility, and when I exited the front door I saw about 4 rows of 20 people in each row - soldiers in military fatigues. They were marching slowly in place in a melancholy manner, the snare drum was being beat to a familiar tune but mockingly slow, and they were slowly and melodically singing:

This isn't war
It's not what we're for

It's not why we're here
It's what we fear

I felt that they were the most patriotic Americans I've ever seen. They only lasted a few minutes before their commanding officer shouted them down from their protest.

To explain their words, what we are doing in Iraq is rebuilding their infrastructure and policing their streets - that is not a war, and our soldiers should not have to lower themselves to it. The 'It's what we fear' line I assume was referring to the government engaging in superfluous wars to gain power rather than engaging only in wars related to national defense.

Was this a dream, or a vision? I can hope at least. That was awesome.

ghemminger
04-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Yeah m dream was in a jungle and my family was wandering in the flood - and one of my kids was swept away - I woke up screaming