PDA

View Full Version : Bob Barr Vs. Jesse Ventura

Kludge
04-08-2008, 01:04 AM
ASSUME : Ron Paul wins nomination. He needs a running mate. All others are OFF-LIMITS and you must choose between Jesse Ventura or Bob Barr as Dr. Paul's VP spot.

Which would you prefer as Dr. Paul's VP?

phenn
04-08-2008, 02:29 AM
I haven't followed Jesse Ventura's political career too closely but a couple of recent interviews he's given have raised my eyebrows. He appears to have the same sensible 'hands off' approach to government as Dr. Paul and I intend to start reading up about his years in public office.

I'm also pretty jazzed to see people picking up the banner at the local levels. Lots of Ron Paul supporters are gearing up for public office runs. It's the most amazing thing I've seen in a dog's age.

Kludge
04-08-2008, 10:33 PM
bump

Kotin
04-08-2008, 10:35 PM
i cant stand some things about Bob Barr.

jesse ventura all the way!

LibertyOfOne
04-09-2008, 12:06 AM
George Phillies

JosephTheLibertarian
04-09-2008, 12:42 AM
Jesse Ventura. Former governor. Why pick a former congressman that has low to no name recognition? That's very foolish.

Kludge
04-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Jesse Ventura. Former governor. Why pick a former congressman that has low to no name recognition? That's very foolish.

I think you'd be surprised at how many recognize him from Borat ;)

I never heard of Ventura before someone mentioned him on the forums.

Chibioz
04-09-2008, 12:53 AM
I think you'd be surprised at how many recognize him from Borat ;)

I never heard of Ventura before someone mentioned him on the forums.

What haven't you seen Predator???

http://www.fast-rewind.com/predator2.jpg

Kludge
04-09-2008, 12:57 AM
What haven't you seen Predator???

http://www.fast-rewind.com/predator2.jpg

No, actually (He hardly resembles "Blain" anymore)... And I only watched around the first third of Borat ;)

Edit: Oh God... I just saw his wrestling pictures >.>

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/78/11adws.jpg

Aratus
04-09-2008, 09:24 AM
they are almost neck and neck, and although i voted for
jesse ventura because he ticket balances ron paul better,
the fact that both bob barr and jesse ventura are neck & neck
tells me that a ventura/barr ticket or a barr/ventura ticket could be
a galvanizer if ron paul doesn't POTUS run this october to november!!!

Kludge
04-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Bump ;)

Caulfield
04-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Ventura is a very outspoken 9/11 truther. He'd be laughed at by the vast majority of Americans, and certainly marginalized by the other candidates if his campaign ever mounted a hint of a threat.

Additionally, I think many overplay his "name recognition."

JosephTheLibertarian
04-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Ventura is a very outspoken 9/11 truther. He'd be laughed at by the vast majority of Americans, and certainly marginalized by the other candidates if his campaign ever mounted a hint of a threat.

That truther label is propaganda. but yes, very effective at marginalizing anyone that wishes to research the theories.

LibertyOfOne
04-09-2008, 08:33 PM
That truther label is propaganda. but yes, very effective at marginalizing anyone that wishes to research the theories.

Watching a man yell into his shaky cam about a mas conspiracy can't be considered research.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Watching a man yell into his shaky cam about a mas conspiracy can't be considered research.

You can't question anything? I didn't see a rebuttal there, did you? Fuck the government!

Kludge
04-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Bump

Mesogen
04-10-2008, 04:17 AM
I do not trust either of these people.

slacker921
04-10-2008, 05:16 AM

Truth there.. all it'd take is a few demolition experts and structural engineers marched around the different morning shows saying his theories are utter nonsense and anybody who doesn't believe cold hard science is a nut case and that'd be the end of him. Do I like that? Nope.. but that's what would happen.

And if by some miracle he overcame that.. there's his hate for organized religion (RICCO charges against the catholic church?..), the doubts about him actually being a SEAL, he wants to legalize prostitution, wants to end the war on drugs, etc.. which might make perfect sense to you but it'd take a LOT of explaining to the average joe.

on the other hand he says in his book that Donald Trump would back him. Throw enough money and more importantly TV appearances onto the problem and he could wiggle out of a lot.

Caulfield
04-10-2008, 07:01 AM
Truth there.. all it'd take is a few demolition experts and structural engineers marched around the different morning shows saying his theories are utter nonsense and anybody who doesn't believe cold hard science is a nut case and that'd be the end of him. Do I like that? Nope.. but that's what would happen.

And if by some miracle he overcame that.. there's his hate for organized religion (RICCO charges against the catholic church?..), the doubts about him actually being a SEAL, he wants to legalize prostitution, wants to end the war on drugs, etc.. which might make perfect sense to you but it'd take a LOT of explaining to the average joe.

on the other hand he says in his book that Donald Trump would back him. Throw enough money and more importantly TV appearances onto the problem and he could wiggle out of a lot.

Yah, but one man (donald trump), would only be able to support him up to the contribution limit, if Trump would even actually support him.

Basically, the people that think Jesse Ventura has name recognition over Barr are those that know him as a novelty, and not as a serious candidate. It's like people who went to see Chuck Norris instead of Mike Huckabee.

Ventura is a real prick with a real ego, and his 9/11 kookness will marginalize him even before he'd put a campaign together. The vast majority of Americans do not agree the U.S. government was behind 9/11, and would certainly laugh off any candidate that touted that conspiracy, especially as loudly as Ventura.

Simply put, Ventura is a novelty item, nothing more, with as much substance and pizazz as a pez dispenser.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-10-2008, 09:25 AM
All Jesse is interested in is the truth, it's just too bad that he had to hurt his credibility like that on national tv in order to just make a point.

Gadsden Flag
04-10-2008, 02:40 PM
If ventura was his VP, I would be embrassed to be a ron paul supporter. I don't really like Bob Barr very much either, but...ugh.

Flash
04-10-2008, 04:07 PM
If ventura was his VP, I would be embrassed to be a ron paul supporter. I don't really like Bob Barr very much either, but...ugh.

I agree. Bob Barr doesn't seem that great either, as he voted for the patriot act and his excuse was something like "I didn't read it"

Kludge
04-10-2008, 11:08 PM
Bump

Kludge
04-11-2008, 03:43 AM
Bump

Kludge
04-11-2008, 03:46 AM
I do not trust either of these people.

Who would you trust?

Kludge
04-13-2008, 08:36 PM