PDA

View Full Version : Colbert just called Ron Paul an old coot!!!!

Uriel999
04-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Colbert just called Ron Paul an old coot on his show during the interview with Jesse Ventura

Kade
04-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Yep.

Nobody laughed.

Kludge
04-07-2008, 09:57 PM
What is an old... coot exactly?

RSLudlum
04-07-2008, 09:59 PM
I was wondering the same thing and just looked it up

coot (kt)
n.
1. Any of several dark-gray aquatic birds of the genus Fulica of North America and Europe, having a black head and neck, lobed toes, and a white bill.
2. See scoter.
3. Informal An eccentric or crotchety person, especially an eccentric old man.

Kludge
04-07-2008, 10:02 PM

Oh... That doesn't sound so bad.

american.swan
04-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Yep.

Nobody laughed.

That's telling.

Minlawc
04-07-2008, 10:09 PM
I was wondering the same thing and just looked it up

coot (kt)
n.
1. Any of several dark-gray aquatic birds of the genus Fulica of North America and Europe, having a black head and neck, lobed toes, and a white bill.
2. See scoter.

That would mean adding old before it would be kinda redundent.

Colbert is funny, he doesn't mean 98/99 of the things he says on the show, so don't take it personal.

Uriel999
04-07-2008, 10:20 PM
I know, I know, it may have been just reactionary, but I've grown so attached to the old man since I discovered him via Marc Emory when he first started mentioning him over a year ago. Because of RP I have learned so much just listening to his speeches and putting them in context within my major (history major). As somebody who has always felt their freedom being tested I just can't see the message as the excentric thoughts of an old man.

I still don't like it!

crazyfingers
04-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Quite the interview with Jesse Ventura...it almost sounded like he was gearing up for an actual revolution (talking about the real purpose of the 2nd amendment, etc.) I wonder if he'll actually make a run for President. He'll have to make a decision soon...I wish he'd seek the Libertarian nomination. Only time will tell I guess.

I think Colbert mentioned Ron Paul just to hear Ventura's reaction...too bad he didn't bite.

familydog
04-07-2008, 11:04 PM
I would consider that a compliment. I aspire to be an old coot someday.

Dr.3D
04-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Yeah... it's better to be called an old coot than an old fart.