PDA

View Full Version : GRRR Jim Forsythe Myspace Disappeared

ItsTime
04-07-2008, 06:31 PM
I hope it is just a glitch but Jim Forsythe's congressional bid myspace page has disappeared. :confused:

edit:and I did not mean to post this here brain fart. Please move to other candidates

Jeremy
04-07-2008, 06:33 PM
I think the threads about these candidates should stay here.

porcupine
04-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Forsythe has withdrawn his candidacy. That's why

yongrel
04-07-2008, 07:11 PM

Excuse me?

nate895
04-07-2008, 07:13 PM

BS, it would say something on his website.

TruthAtLast
04-07-2008, 07:14 PM

what? he raised over $100k and dropped out?

nate895
04-07-2008, 07:15 PM
what? he raised over $100k and dropped out?

My thoughts exactly.

porcupine
04-07-2008, 07:22 PM
It's information I got from the people on the ground in New Hampshire

http://www.nhliberty.org/forum/index.php?topic=586.msg3916#msg3916

The Ridley Report hasn't done any reports on Jim Forsythe but if you ask him he might investigate and post a story about what happened. I still don't know why he withdrew or what his plans are. The talk is that he might run for state rep, which would be good for us in New Hampshire (All liberty lovers should move here and run for state rep. People are moving and winning!)

nate895
04-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Comment withdrawn

TruthAtLast
04-07-2008, 07:35 PM
There is nothing anywhere to suggest that anywhere but there. If he dropped out after receiving 100K for Congress, he is a lying cheat, IMO. If he ran for state rep., as one suggested on that thread, he is a no good scumbag who doesn't deserve to be in office.

I feel you. I donated a fair amount of money to him and could have given it to another candidate who is also looking for support.

Roxi
04-07-2008, 07:35 PM
i know jim ill call him myself and let you guys know

porcupine
04-07-2008, 07:38 PM
There is nothing anywhere to suggest that anywhere but there. If he dropped out after receiving 100K for Congress, he is a lying cheat, IMO. If he ran for state rep., as one suggested on that thread, he is a no good scumbag who doesn't deserve to be in office.

Well, those are the liberty activists on the ground in New Hampshire. They know exactly what's going on.

Your statement is ridiculous to say the least. If he determined he had no chance to win, the money invested in him will be better spent elsewhere instead of on a losing race. Ugh, I think I've had my fill of Ron Paul supporters and their "the world is over so I will attack everyone around me without reason" turrets syndrom for the night :(

(*waits for someone to come out and attack him for this post*)

I'm getting a little tired of how angry and over reactive some of our posts are here.

nate895
04-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Well, those are the liberty activists on the ground in New Hampshire. They know exactly what's going on.

Your statement is ridiculous to say the least. If he determined he had no chance to win, the money invested in him will be better spent elsewhere instead of on a losing race. Ugh, I think I've had my fill of Ron Paul supporters and their "the world is over so I will attack everyone around me without reason" turrets syndrom for the night :(

(*waits for someone to come out and attack him for this post*)

He jumped in the race two months ago almost, that was time enough to have determined beforehand if he could have won. Now, he was at nearly 80% of what he wanted to raise for April, and since he is running for Congress where expectations don't matter, he should have said he needed much more than that so he could have gotten 80% of that, and have been set to go. But, as it stands, we gave him nearly 80% if what he asked for, and now he may spend it on a state rep. race that he doesn't need 100K for.

porcupine
04-07-2008, 07:46 PM
He jumped in the race two months ago almost, that was time enough to have determined beforehand if he could have won. Now, he was at nearly 80% of what he wanted to raise for April, and since he is running for Congress where expectations don't matter, he should have said he needed much more than that so he could have gotten 80% of that, and have been set to go. But, as it stands, we gave him nearly 80% if what he asked for, and now he may spend it on a state rep. race that he doesn't need 100K for.

I understand. I don't know the details of why he got out. It was the "scumbag" comment that got to me. Like I said, maybe I've just had enough of Ron Paul Forums for the night. Can only take it in small doses.

ItsTime
04-07-2008, 08:03 PM
he should have said something before deleting his myspace account then.

Roxi
04-07-2008, 08:04 PM
ok i just got off the phone with him, he has indeed withdrew his bid, I can't really say why right now, he will be sending out an official email with the details later which i will copy and paste here when i recieve my copy. BUT he did say to let you guys know that anyone who wants their money returned will receive it back, even if he has to go into debt. he will let you know the details on how to do that as well.

I can say this, jim is the noblest of the noble men out there with the utmost integrity, i know this for fact... more details soon

thanks

ItsTime
04-07-2008, 08:07 PM
I want to know how did it get this far just for him to withdraw:

For the last several weeks I have been testing the waters for a run for U.S. Congress through an exploratory committee. My deep concern over our faltering economy, runaway government growth, and our weakened defense have motivated me to run. During the exploratory phase, I have found that many of my fellow New Hampshire residents understand that my diverse experiences in military, business, and academics would provide me the necessary background to be a leader in Congress. I have therefore left the exploratory phase, and formally filed my candidacy - an official announcement will be forthcoming. Your thoughts and comments are most welcome at jim@jimforsythe.com. Help me defend our country and our families, our freedoms and our pocketbooks by donating to our campaign.
-Jim Forsythe, Phd

nate895
04-07-2008, 08:08 PM
ok i just got off the phone with him, he has indeed withdrew his bid, I can't really say why right now, he will be sending out an official email with the details later which i will copy and paste here when i recieve my copy. BUT he did say to let you guys know that anyone who wants their money returned will receive it back, even if he has to go into debt. he will let you know the details on how to do that as well.

I can say this, jim is the noblest of the noble men out there with the utmost integrity, i know this for fact... more details soon

thanks

I withdraw my scumbag comment.

hopeforamerica
04-07-2008, 08:11 PM

thanks

This makes me very sad. We needed him in Congress. Sounds like a man with integrity.

ItsTime
04-07-2008, 08:12 PM
I highly suggest that he give people x amount of time to get a refund then donate his war chest to another Ron Paul Republican congressional bid. (I believe he can do that, not 100% sure)

forsytjr
04-07-2008, 08:13 PM
It is confirmed, I am withdrawing from the race (Roxi just gave me a call). I haven't sent out an email blast because I have been trying to figure out a few remaining things. Everyone that donated will be able to get their money back, even if it means that I go into debt, so don't worry about that. I'm working up a more formal announcement to put on the website and to email donors. This was a highly competitive district to begin with (I was running against the former incumbent), and it just doesn't look like we'll have the $ and organization to compete this time around.

Please don't let this discourage you. I got a lot of great feedback on my candidacy in NH - I will be back, and am looking at what I can do for liberty in the meantime.

PLEASE help fund other good candidates. You can't imagine how hard it is to fundraise. Most of my money came from friends and family and people I knew directly.

yongrel
04-07-2008, 08:16 PM
It is confirmed, I am withdrawing from the race (Roxi just gave me a call). I haven't sent out an email blast because I have been trying to figure out a few remaining things. Everyone that donated will be able to get their money back, even if it means that I go into debt, so don't worry about that. I'm working up a more formal announcement to put on the website and to email donors. This was a highly competitive district to begin with (I was running against the former incumbent), and it just doesn't look like we'll have the $ and organization to compete this time around.

Please don't let this discourage you. I got a lot of great feedback on my candidacy in NH - I will be back, and am looking at what I can do for liberty in the meantime.

PLEASE help fund other good candidates. You can't imagine how hard it is to fundraise. Most of my money came from friends and family and people I knew directly.

Are fundraising difficulties the reason you are dropping out?

Thank you for responding to this thread, and thank you for all of the work you have done thusfar.

ItsTime
04-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Thank you jim for all your hard work with the Ron Paul campaign. I wish you the best of luck in your future bid.

amy31416
04-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Whatever the reasons, I'm disappointed. I wish you well in whatever you pursue--I hope it's politics, we need more people like you.

Thanks for everything you've done thus far.

forsytjr
04-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Thank you for responding to this thread, and thank you for all of the work you have done thusfar.

Fundraising is a big part. I saw a comment earlier about getting to 80% of my goal, etc. That is true, but I kept revising my goals downwards. Also, some folks donated money for the general which I can't use until the primary is over. So it made totals look better, but didn't really help. I needed to raise over $2k a day to have the amount of money it would take to compete.

Another reason is that as we went around to gather endorsements and support, a lot of folks really liked me, but said they were already committed to others in the race. It just became rapidly apparent that although I could do very well in a race in general, now was not the time, and this was not the district.

When I entered the race, I did have polling data that said a win was possible, but would be very challenging. I could win, but it would take a very agressive campaign. Since the money wasn't coming in, and endorsements weren't coming in, we decided that it would be best not to waste the money and all our activists time.

Please keep in mind that this is not a change in my committment to fight for freedom. Just a change in direction and tactic.

porcupine
04-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Jim, are you planning on running for state rep so you can build a foundation for a future run? We need you in Concord.

mdh
04-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Fundraising is a big part. I saw a comment earlier about getting to 80% of my goal, etc. That is true, but I kept revising my goals downwards. Also, some folks donated money for the general which I can't use until the primary is over. So it made totals look better, but didn't really help. I needed to raise over $2k a day to have the amount of money it would take to compete.

Another reason is that as we went around to gather endorsements and support, a lot of folks really liked me, but said they were already committed to others in the race. It just became rapidly apparent that although I could do very well in a race in general, now was not the time, and this was not the district.

When I entered the race, I did have polling data that said a win was possible, but would be very challenging. I could win, but it would take a very agressive campaign. Since the money wasn't coming in, and endorsements weren't coming in, we decided that it would be best not to waste the money and all our activists time.

Please keep in mind that this is not a change in my committment to fight for freedom. Just a change in direction and tactic.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out. I hope you'll run elsewhere, or another time. You, and anyone else who's willing to work for liberty, have all of our support!

yongrel
04-07-2008, 08:33 PM

Thanks for keeping us all in the loop. I understand where you're coming from, and I think we all knew this was gonna be an uphill battle.

I look forward to supporting your future endeavors. Good luck.

forsytjr
04-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Jim, are you planning on running for state rep so you can build a foundation for a future run? We need you in Concord.

I'm definitely thinking about it strongly. There may be other positions I can run for that I am looking into. Right now I am exploring my options. In any case, I will be fighting for liberty, and trying to open up as many options in 2010 as possible.

Jim

Jeremy
04-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Hmm... interesting. I hope you still run for something as well!

Anyway guys, there are still a lot of candidates. BJ Lawson's primary is May 5th (I think) and he will probably win the primary... then we have to take it to November! =)

Jeremy
04-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Oh, here's a question: With the money that people don't ask for back, would you just save it for a possible future campaign?

forsytjr
04-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Hmm... interesting. I hope you still run for something as well!

Anyway guys, there are still a lot of candidates. BJ Lawson's primary is May 5th (I think) and he will probably win the primary... then we have to take it to November! =)

BJ seems really good. Murray Sabrin as well.

forsytjr
04-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Oh, here's a question: With the money that people don't ask for back, would you just save it for a possible future campaign?

I'm not sure there will be enough worth saving for a future campaign (and I don't like the idea of inflation eating away at that money while it does nothing). My thought so far was to use it to fund local RP Republican candidates. This would help my political future by giving me some influence in the party, and provide a bottom-up approach at getting pro-liberty people elected. There's a shortage of good credible pro-liberty candidates for national office. If we can get some elected locally this year, then there will be more available for national office next election cycle. A little bit of money goes a long way for local elections.

Jim

TruthAtLast
04-07-2008, 09:00 PM
sorry to hear about your withdraw from the race Jim. It would have been great to get another liberty candidate into Congress. I wish you the best and hope you consider another run in the future, armed with the experience you gained through this process. Given enough time to prepare, are there additional steps you could take to be in a better position in 2 years or so? How can we help you in that objective?

mdh
04-07-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm not sure there will be enough worth saving for a future campaign (and I don't like the idea of inflation eating away at that money while it does nothing). My thought so far was to use it to fund local RP Republican candidates. This would help my political future by giving me some influence in the party, and provide a bottom-up approach at getting pro-liberty people elected. There's a shortage of good credible pro-liberty candidates for national office. If we can get some elected locally this year, then there will be more available for national office next election cycle. A little bit of money goes a long way for local elections.

Jim

Consider supporting my good friend Ed Burgess for WV state house. He gave a wonderful speech to about 1400 Republicans at our state GOP convention introducing Dr. Paul.
Toss me an email if you'd be willing to, mdh@solitox.net

forsytjr
04-07-2008, 09:05 PM
sorry to hear about your withdraw from the race Jim. It would have been great to get another liberty candidate into Congress. I wish you the best and hope you consider another run in the future, armed with the experience you gained through this process. Given enough time to prepare, are there additional steps you could take to be in a better position in 2 years or so? How can we help you in that objective?

Thanks! There are definitely things I can do to position myself better for next election cycle. That's what I'll be working to figure out over the next few weeks. Actually, I'm surprised how well I was received considering that I didn't get active in the GOP until last year. As for what other folks can do to help - not sure yet. Once I figure out my plan of attack, I'll let you know. Keep an eye on www.jimforsythe.com. I think having folks leave any money they donated (or a portion of it) will be a big help if my idea for a PAC can be done (I have to make sure I can roll Federal $ into a state PAC). But I definitely understand if out of state folks are not wanting to contribute to a PAC geared at local offices.

familydog
04-07-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm disapointed in this news, but not discouraged. I greatly respect what you have done and what you intended to do. If I weren't hindered by life situations here in Pennsylvania, I would have done more than just donate money. A patriot is still a patriot, even if life doesn't go their way, and you have proven that. I'll keep an eye out in case you try this again. God bless, and keep up the good fight. :)

TruthAtLast
04-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks! There are definitely things I can do to position myself better for next election cycle. That's what I'll be working to figure out over the next few weeks. Actually, I'm surprised how well I was received considering that I didn't get active in the GOP until last year. As for what other folks can do to help - not sure yet. Once I figure out my plan of attack, I'll let you know. Keep an eye on www.jimforsythe.com. I think having folks leave any money they donated (or a portion of it) will be a big help if my idea for a PAC can be done (I have to make sure I can roll Federal $ into a state PAC). But I definitely understand if out of state folks are not wanting to contribute to a PAC geared at local offices.

I'm willing to leave my money with you as long as it is used to effectively promote Liberty. But letting us know what your plans are in the next few weeks will greatly help. Thanks.

FireofLiberty
04-08-2008, 04:49 AM
Wow, this SUCKS, but I can understand where Jim is coming from all too well.

Jim, thanks so much for your hard work and sacrifices, and I don't think you should go into debt just to pay people their donations back. But that's not my call.

Now that Jim is out, who I would have definitely put in a list of our top 5 candidates, it is more important than ever that our other candidates are supported. Obviously I'm partial to B.J. Lawson and I encourage all of you to make a donation to him.

I understand exactly where Jim is coming from on the fundraising and this should be a red flag to you all to start donating the way you did to Dr. Paul's campaign. I think all of the RPR candidates ran thinking they'd roll in donations with ease and that would give them a chance, but that hasn't been the case. I know I thought B.J. would be able to raise that $300K goal easily in the first month, but here we are and it's less than a month until the primary and we still haven't raised $100K of it yet.

This is why it's more important than ever to support our other candidates -- because we're down one now and a large part of the reason is not enough money. We can simply not allow another candidate to be forced to drop out because they simply do not have enough money to compete.

kevman657
04-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Wow, this SUCKS, but I can understand where Jim is coming from all too well.

Jim, thanks so much for your hard work and sacrifices, and I don't think you should go into debt just to pay people their donations back. But that's not my call.

Now that Jim is out, who I would have definitely put in a list of our top 5 candidates, it is more important than ever that our other candidates are supported. Obviously I'm partial to B.J. Lawson and I encourage all of you to make a donation to him.

I understand exactly where Jim is coming from on the fundraising and this should be a red flag to you all to start donating the way you did to Dr. Paul's campaign. I think all of the RPR candidates ran thinking they'd roll in donations with ease and that would give them a chance, but that hasn't been the case. I know I thought B.J. would be able to raise that $300K goal easily in the first month, but here we are and it's less than a month until the primary and we still haven't raised $100K of it yet.

This is why it's more important than ever to support our other candidates -- because we're down one now and a large part of the reason is not enough money. We can simply not allow another candidate to be forced to drop out because they simply do not have enough money to compete.

That's why I think if Jim donated all of the money to the liberty candidate of his choice, it would really help. Then again, that'd break the donation limit wouldn't it?

I say, $2,300 to both Vern McKinley and Lawson. Then, pay back at least the big donors that are in your district because they donated to see a local candidate represent them...not just get a RP Republican in Congress.

Bryan
04-08-2008, 10:55 AM

I'm sorry to hear this but as others said, I can understand and appreciate the judgment but know we are still making progress.

Thank you for your work on spreading the message of liberty and for your great service to our county. Please let me or other site staff here know if there is anything we can do to help in the future.

newyearsrevolution08
04-08-2008, 11:40 AM
I want to know how did it get this far just for him to withdraw:

you can say the same thing for the ron paul OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN efforts as well. Seems like all our ron paul republicans are raising a ton of cash then STOPPING efforts and it makes ZERO SENSE.

Ron Paul should have just done a 20+ million dollar ad blitz right before super tuesday and who knows what could have happened.

As far as Jim Forsythes' effort that is no more... not sure what to think about it EXCEPT I think too many "candidates" thought they could do this and that due to the excitement the ron paul campaign brought and ONCE the excitement went away it seems like some candidates are not up to the challenge OR not really "ron paul" material so to speak.

So 100k raised with an option for refunds, can't get more professional then that.

Man o man what are we to do with all this stuff.......

Congress helps MANY, state rep... hmmn, great for those there but wish these candidates would STICK with what they said they were going to do instead of taken secondary positions which was never even talked about before.

I know this is an overall effort and there is a big picture to be seen BUT stop trying to run for congress if you can't do it, plain and simple. It is why I am not running for this and that because I know I won't be able to compete, complete and do the job at hand. I hope candidates really look into things BEFORE they jump onboard because it is more then a "I tried but hey its an effort" because we need candidates who not only can get on ballot but can WIN.

We can't keep throwing money at candidates who stop halfway anymore. It seems even ron paul did this even with the millions he had and I think could have raised double if he was able to FINALLY generate any real buzz.

Campaign strategy is where it all comes down to and I think that should be looked at as well. I don't think that just because you only did 80% of your totals you need to give up and its pitiful that this is just about money ONCE AGAIN.

Wake up people, handing out $100 in (HANDED OUT) flyers will do FAR MORE then $100 donated to a candidate. Stop feeding incompetent campaigns and keep that money where we know how it will be spent and that is CAMPAIGNING locally where it counts.

V3n
04-08-2008, 01:02 PM
I gave a small amount, not enough to worry about how to get it back.

...just buy a round of beers and celebrate your efforts and the things you've learned for next time out, it's on me. :D

Cheers.

james4congress
04-10-2008, 01:44 AM
I won my primary and now I will be facing a special election(lame duck incumbent resigning early). Because historically special elections have very low turnout in my Distirct, I may be able to win with as few as 20,000 votes.

Tonight was our first candidate forum. My opponent didn't show after confirming she would. The press(owned by the Washington Post) also didn't show.

I delivered the liberty message to a large crowd of mostly Democrats and got a rousing applause. The liberty message will win elections.

Two Ron Paul presidential campaign workers that are leaving the campaign as it winds down are due to show up. This week I got a graphic designer, copywriter for our weekly newpaper, web programmer and publisher voluteers as well. So things are starting to pickup steam.

We hope to have the newspaper and a alternative currency up and running over the next few weeks.

Please send donations or to:
Peter James for Congress
12700 Found Stone #105
Germantown, MD 20876
301 916-5722

Please send any display ads(4 color) for the newspaper. We hope to be mailing out 200K household in Maryland's DC suburbs. We will get back to you with a quote. It should be heao as we are only looking to cover costs.

james4congress
04-10-2008, 01:46 AM
I won my primary and now I will be facing a special election(lame duck incumbent resigning early). Because historically special elections have very low turnout in my Distirct, I may be able to win with as few as 20,000 votes.

Tonight was our first candidate forum. My opponent didn't show after confirming she would. The press(owned by the Washington Post) also didn't show.

I delivered the liberty message to a large crowd of mostly Democrats and got a rousing applause. The liberty message will win elections.

Two Ron Paul presidential campaign workers that are leaving the campaign as it winds down are due to show up. This week I got a graphic designer, copywriter for our weekly newpaper, web programmer and publisher voluteers as well. So things are starting to pickup steam.

We hope to have the newspaper and a alternative currency up and running over the next few weeks.

Please send donations or to:
Peter James for Congress
12700 Found Stone #105
Germantown, MD 20876
301 916-5722

Please send any display ads(4 color) for the newspaper. We hope to be mailing out 200K household in Maryland's DC suburbs. We will get back to you with a quote. It should be heao as we are only looking to cover costs.

Nathan Hale
04-10-2008, 04:59 PM
James, while we all appreciate that you won your primary and did a candidate forum, you're spamming this thread by posting about that. This thread is about Forsythe.

Nathan Hale
04-10-2008, 05:06 PM
you can say the same thing for the ron paul OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN efforts as well. Seems like all our ron paul republicans are raising a ton of cash then STOPPING efforts and it makes ZERO SENSE.

It makes perfect sense. If you or your strategists determine that it is a waste of time to continue campaigning because you don't stand a chance of winning, then it makes perfect sense to drop out.

Ron Paul should have just done a 20+ million dollar ad blitz right before super tuesday and who knows what could have happened.

Talk about "zero sense". Of course, I'm of the opinion that Ron Paul should call it a day and allow activists and supporters to focus on pro-Paul congressional and local candidates.

So 100k raised with an option for refunds, can't get more professional then that.

I think it's really great that he's focusing on returning the money to donors rather than hording it for some campaign down the line. This puts the money back in peoples' hands so they can re-donate.

I know this is an overall effort and there is a big picture to be seen BUT stop trying to run for congress if you can't do it, plain and simple.

It's not that he's unable to do it. It's that as the race evolved it became apparent that he wasn't going to win the nomination, so he decided to cut off the campaign before wasting all of the donor money. It's the smartest move, IMHO.

We can't keep throwing money at candidates who stop halfway anymore. It seems even ron paul did this even with the millions he had and I think could have raised double if he was able to FINALLY generate any real buzz.

Better a candidate stop halfway than quixotically continue and waste his time, the time of his campaign associates, and the money of his donors. If we have a unified "revolution", then we need to start realizing that our revolution has limited resources, and that we should allocate them accordingly.

Wake up people, handing out $100 in (HANDED OUT) flyers will do FAR MORE then $100 donated to a candidate. Stop feeding incompetent campaigns and keep that money where we know how it will be spent and that is CAMPAIGNING locally where it counts.

I totally disagree with this. Yes, there is a value to grassroots, independent campaigning, but the "official" campaigns of candidates need a lot of money in order to function. It's well worth it to donate to a candidate who you support.