PDA

View Full Version : Young Republicans Club

Zera
04-07-2008, 05:16 PM
This isn't directly related to Ron Paul, but it is related to the whole revolution.

I live in a city in Georgia that is very neocon infested. I start high school next year, and I have the choice to join the Young Republicans Club.

Now, before Ron Paul, I didn't know what I was. The Democrat party didn't appeal to me at all... I also did not like their liberal views in things, either. However, the Republican party wasn't very conservative at all in my eyes either, and many of their policies and platform sucked. However, when I learned about Paul, I really started to learn about the evil neocons and how they had changed what the Republicans once stood for.

So, should I not even bother with the club? I mean, I'm sure they'll be backing McCain (until the Convention, anyway!). Should I, I dunno, start the Young Libertarians or something? That would be cool...

yongrel
04-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Why not? What do you risk by trying? If it goes well, you could influence many other students, and if it goes badly, you can leave. No big deal.

Besides, colleges like the extracurriculars.

tajitj
04-07-2008, 05:21 PM
I was approached by a young Republican organization at my county convention. I want to go and start the conversions. I am 25 and thing I can make very strong arguements. Hopefully it is a bunch of high schoolers who may be receptive.

LibertyIn08
04-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Our Teenage Republicans club officially supports Ron Paul, and has about 20 active members. (About 3% of the school, but when 70+% are self identified liberals, that is quite good.)

Get in the club and reform it from within. At the very least, it can't hurt to join.

nate895
04-07-2008, 06:19 PM
I am trying to find people to setup one, but my school doesn't have a single political club and not many seem interested. Speech and Debate and Model UN are the closest to politics, but these clubs are truly pathetic in size and organization.

TXcarlosTX
04-07-2008, 07:08 PM
i posted about this 5 months ago and nada of a response.... ive been going since november here in san antonio. its a good way to network.

maybe i should change my avatar from a boracho to a saint. i might get some more respect. ha

mdh
04-07-2008, 07:19 PM
This isn't directly related to Ron Paul, but it is related to the whole revolution.

I live in a city in Georgia that is very neocon infested. I start high school next year, and I have the choice to join the Young Republicans Club.

Now, before Ron Paul, I didn't know what I was. The Democrat party didn't appeal to me at all... I also did not like their liberal views in things, either. However, the Republican party wasn't very conservative at all in my eyes either, and many of their policies and platform sucked. However, when I learned about Paul, I really started to learn about the evil neocons and how they had changed what the Republicans once stood for.

So, should I not even bother with the club? I mean, I'm sure they'll be backing McCain (until the Convention, anyway!). Should I, I dunno, start the Young Libertarians or something? That would be cool...

Join and become a leader. Take that thing over by knowing more than everyone else and commanding respect with your sheer knowledge and experience. Turn the young republicans into young libertarians. ;)
(Libertarianism is true conservatism anyway, really.)

rancher89
04-08-2008, 06:14 AM
There are two of our meetup members who are joining the yr and seem to fit in just fine. The members know that they are pro-rp and it doesn't seem to matter at all. They are just happy to have participation......most don't really support Mcswine, they pretty much have to toe the party line for the most part, but would rather have someone, anyone instead of him. A lot of GOP would actually have supported rp if it wasn't for his war policy. (IMHO they are nuts....)