PDA

View Full Version : Former Democratic Congressional leader to endorse Ron Paul?

hummtide
08-20-2007, 01:11 PM
Anyone else heard this? I heard it on the radio this morning that its a former Midwestern Democratic! Gephardt maybe?

foofighter20x
08-20-2007, 01:23 PM
rumor.

i suggest letting it go and not worrying about it.

fj45lvr
08-20-2007, 01:58 PM
This would probably be a smart move by the democrats to make sure that Dr. Paul doesn't get the nomination (their only real threat to run against).

It's just soooooo hilarious for people to actually even believe!!! COME ON people....do you really believe a "democrat" leader would vote NO on tax increases??

this is just "politics" in contrast to honesty, integrity, and common-sense that Paul demonstrates.....SAY WHAT YOU MEAN and MEAN WHAT YOU SAY!

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-20-2007, 03:03 PM
Anyone else heard this? I heard it on the radio this morning that its a former Midwestern Democratic! Gephardt maybe?

Can't say that would help with the GOP. But it wouldn't hurt for him to do it quietly, in a letter to his personal supporters, perhaps. Otherwise, Rush and Hannity would be crowing about that on their shows.

ARealConservative
08-20-2007, 03:14 PM
It's probably Gravel when he announces to call it quits.

They both want out of Iraq and to end the Fed.

specsaregood
08-20-2007, 03:37 PM
It's probably Gravel when he announces to call it quits.

They both want out of Iraq and to end the Fed.

I wouldn't be surprised by that. His campaign is dead in the water; it never really got started. The comparisons between him and Ron Paul were NEVER valid. I've kept an eye on the traffic on his forum (http://www.gravel2008.us/forum) and it is anemic to the say the least. With sometimes a whole day between posts.

Having the libertarians and constitutionalists and gun-rights guys already behind paul the DAY he announced gave this campaign immediate non-2nd tier traction.

Publius
08-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Gephardt's big issue was always opposition to NAFTA. I could see this happening possibly.

quickmike
08-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Gephardt's big issue was always opposition to NAFTA. I could see this happening possibly.

Im not giving any credence to this rumor, but I gotta say, if its true and it is Gephardt................ ouch!!! If I didnt know so much about Ron Paul and were just an average GOP guy, I would cringe at that guys support of any candidate that I liked. That could possibly turn off alot of the MOR republicans, especially the ones over 35 or so that remember what a nightmare Gephardt was.:eek:

hard@work
08-21-2007, 12:07 AM
There aren't any Republicans left ... all independent or Democrats now.

LastoftheMohicans
08-21-2007, 04:49 AM
Maybe its Tim Penny from Minnesota. Even though I disagreed with him on fundamental issue, I always though that he was an honest, decent guy.

beermotor
08-21-2007, 05:20 AM
There aren't any Republicans left ... all independent or Democrats now.

Valid criticism. The GOP is ripe for a takeover.