PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Mid term election

j6p
04-07-2008, 02:12 PM
We need to start thinking about 2010 mid term elections. Should Ron Paul supporters run canndidates (D) and (R)?? Maryland is a tough state for republicans. Heard somewhere that we should take over both parties and run cannidates. lol. We could do well in westminster and western Maryland. County Council Men and state reps. Any thoughts??

icon124
04-07-2008, 02:28 PM
I live in Baltimore MD and it's gonna be really hard to do anything around here, I'm all game though for sure.

specialkornflake
04-07-2008, 02:34 PM
It's an interesting thought. Some days I have as much in common with the Dems as the Repubs. I guess it would be fair if we 'took over' both the parties? lol On the other hand, switching to the Dem side would likely hurt a long term career.

I posted this analysis in a thread right below:

1 – SUPPORTS WAR (strongly) – Andy Harris
2 – RON PAUL REPUBLICAN – Richard Pryce Matthews
3 – UNKNOWN – Thomas Harris
4 – RON PAUL REPUBLICAN – Peter James
5 – RON PAUL REPUBLICAN – Collins Bailey – My district
6 – SUPPORTS WAR (with reservations) – Roscoe Bartlett
7 – RON PAUL REPUBLICAN – Michael Hargadon
8 – SUPPORTS WAR (with reservations) – Steve Hudson

Andy Harris and Roscoe Bartlett are the only two in districts with fairly equal Democrat/Republican spread. (However both aren’t RP Republicans)
Richard Pryce Matthews of District 2 is the only one with a slim chance based on historic election results that are ‘only’ 2:1 Democratic. (However he is a RP Republican)
Peter James is the only one not facing an incumbent.

It seems we need to have a Ron Paul Republican nominee for districts 1 and 6 in 2010. We need to throw our biggest support towards Richard Pryce Matthews for the 2008 election.

I've recently learned that Peter James may possibly be in a special election and thus stand a chance against his Democratic opponent.

For now we need to build a powerful grassroots network and get involved in the party. In two years I would like to make sure to replace Andy Harris based on his war position.

j6p
04-07-2008, 04:14 PM
it's gonna be tough in Maryland it sounds like. Does anyone know if all the county parties have been taking over by ron paul supporters? That way we can only run cannidates that are TRUE republicans with a republican platfourm.

j6p
04-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Since the republican party got taking over by the neo-cons we can take over both parties and run ron paul republicans against each other. Haha the dem's would be like whats happening to our hand outs.