PDA

View Full Version : Yard sign bomb!

mdh
04-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Hey guys, I thought I'd post this idea to you all here in case any other states wanted to roll with it. I'm implementing it myself here in West Virginia.

This is the email I've sent out to West Virginia meetup groups:

Here's a contest, meetup versus meetup, to see which group can get the most people with yard signs in their areas! Here are the rules:

I'm currently thinking that we'll go with meetups 239, 539, and 560 for this, since many of the others are either geographically very close (ie 543 is close to 539, there's another one very close to 239) or inactive (1222 and some others).
Signs will count towards the group which they are nearest to. This gives 239 a little bit of an advantage since there's so much space down south, but I still think 539 will win. *grins*

Here are the rules:
One point is alloted for each *property* where a sign or signs is/are posted in a manner that is clearly visible to passers-by.
I will act as judge. Photos of the sign in the yard clearly showing nearby streets and the primary building on the property must be submitted to count. Clearly visible signs in windows count, as well, for those in apartments or condos.
The property owner must either be the person putting up the sign, or have given consent for the sign to be placed and for the photographs to be taken. A license to me for any use at any time in any manner is granted for all submitted photographs - they will be placed on our website to show progress in WV, and to show everyone else how cool WV is.
Some homemade signs may count as well as the traditional signs - and some works of art such as fully painted homes or barns may even be worth bonus points. This is all solely at my discretion. In general, if it is clearly visible to passersby, and clearly states "Ron Paul for president", it will be worth at least one point.
Photos must be taken between April 7th and April 30th, and a good faith effort must be made to keep the sign(s) in place for the entire time between the time of the photo, and until the May primary has ended.
Any sign placement must be legal, and should not obscure any traffic signs, etc, or in any way create a dangerous condition in your neighborhood.
I reserve the right to amend these rules as I deem necessary to ensure a fair contest. This is all in good fun, and no one will be cheating in any way.
As far as prizes go, my current thought is that the winning region should play host to our post-campaign party.
Photos can be submitted via email to myself, or you can drop off photos at my home or at the Charleston office and Ed will get them to me.

Anyone in the 239 area who needs signage should contact Ed Burgess at the Charleston office. Anyone who needs signage in the 539 area should contact me at my Morgantown home.

I hope you'll all participate! Enjoy!!!

If anyone else wishes to replicate this, go for it - I'll post again when I've got a signifigant number of pictures of properties up.