PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee and Romney only suspending their campaigns, is it not good for us?

Zera
04-07-2008, 08:55 AM
I just had a question. Since Romney and Huckabee have only suspended their campaign, which means they still have their bound delegates, wouldn't that be a good thing for us? Those delegates still have to vote for Romney or Huckabee at the national convention... And I think any ballot where McCain will get less delegates is better.

So, I've made a strategy. In state's where Romney and Huckabee won a good amount of delegates, this is what we should do. Let's take Utah for example. In Utah, there is a good chance Romney supporters will outnumber your at the state convention. So instead of getting resolutions passed to unbound yourself, get yourself to become a national delegate. Don't come off as a Paul supporter... It's important. If you are still bound to Romney, a full slate of national delegates that will have to vote for Romney until they are unbound to vote for anyone SHOULD be Paul supporters, otherwise they will then vote for McCain! And, since voting for either Huckabee or Romney would be a waste vote, there is pretty much no risk.

yongrel
04-07-2008, 09:31 AM
I dunno about Huckabee, but Romney released his delegates. I expect Huckabee did the same.

Zera
04-07-2008, 09:58 AM
I dunno about Huckabee, but Romney released his delegates. I expect Huckabee did the same.

What? I don't recall this happening.

Kotin
04-07-2008, 10:40 AM
What? I don't recall this happening.

well, it did.

mikeycapz
04-07-2008, 11:20 AM
I remember romney giving a speech telling all his delegates and supporters to back mccain.

Rangeley
04-07-2008, 11:22 AM
At one time Romney merely suspended his campaign, but after Huckabee stayed in for a while he officially withdrew and threw his full support behind McCain, unbinding his delegates. Huckabee, when he left the race, officially withdrew as well.

orlandoinfl
04-07-2008, 11:50 AM
If this is true, this is great news. I know Alabama has 26 National Delegates for Huckabee. We need to reach everybody we can and see if they can throw their support behind Dr.Paul.