PDA

View Full Version : Is this the Bob Barr forum, or even section?

orlandoinfl
04-07-2008, 06:14 AM
Mods, Bob Barr has nohing to do with the Ron Paul or Ron Paul Grassroots Central. I request that Bob Barr threads be moved to another section.

runningdiz
04-07-2008, 06:16 AM
Why dont you report the threads that are in violation instead of creating another wasted one. Your not going about it the right way.

FreeTraveler
04-07-2008, 06:18 AM
Why dont you report the threads that are in violation instead of creating another wasted one. Your not going about it the right way.

We have a winnah!

LibertyEagle
04-07-2008, 06:20 AM
I've sent an inquiry to Bryan and Josh about handling Bob Barr threads in general, but for the time being I am moving them to the Other Candidates subforum.

mcgraw_wv
04-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Guys, the Libertarian party has done NOTHING to raise, or change any ideas of the people in this country.

They've had their time, and based in history, you effect more by changing the party platform.

yongrel
04-07-2008, 07:39 AM
Instead of spending an entire thread going on about the Barr Flood, let's just wait for the Admins' decision, and keep flagging posts until then.

Exarel
04-07-2008, 07:46 AM
I don't see anything wrong with a post like this. Why does it all have to be in secret through messages to admin, we can discuss this in open.

Stallion
04-07-2008, 08:35 AM
I like the idea of having a Bob Barr forum on the boards. I think we can all remain RP supporters and work within the GOP and still give BB a little support. Another option is someone creating a bobbarrforums.com and maybe linking it to this site somehow...just a thought.

LibertyEagle
04-07-2008, 03:37 PM
I like the idea of having a Bob Barr forum on the boards. I think we can all remain RP supporters and work within the GOP and still give BB a little support. Another option is someone creating a bobbarrforums.com and maybe linking it to this site somehow...just a thought.

I heard back from Bryan. Threads about Bob Barr's bid for presidency will continue to be moved to the Other Candidates subforum. The thing is that Ron Paul is still in the race and Ron Paul Grassroots Central is devoted to his candidacy.

Jeremy
04-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Except these are two different races

should we also move threads about candidates for congress? O_o

LibertyEagle
04-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Except these are two different races

should we also move threads about candidates for congress? O_o

They already are, stormcommander. Threads about liberty candidates are placed here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230

aravoth
04-07-2008, 03:42 PM
you are more than welcome to start your own forum, on your own site, and drive your own traffic to it.

Jeremy
04-07-2008, 03:43 PM
They already are, stormcommander. Threads about liberty candidates are placed here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230

No, they aren't moved there. And they shouldn't be.

Kade
04-07-2008, 03:45 PM
I don't care who or what people support on these forums.

You want my two cents?

Quick asking the mods to fix things. If you have a problem with someone or a position, either debate or ignore.

Asking the mods to control the flow of information here is no different than a nanny government making sure that everyone stays on topic, and stays on course.

Screw that.

This is liberty forest now, with many, many pro Ron Paul people. This place wouldn't be half as popular if you just banned the lay supporters and the non-supporters.

If the movement came down to an irate minority, Ron Paul would still be represented.

I hate Bob "dandy" Barr, but I hate censorship more.

LibertyEagle
04-07-2008, 03:47 PM
No, they aren't moved there. And they shouldn't be.

Oh yes they are. At least if I see them they are. That is why that subforum was established. We do allow fundraising threads to be placed in Grassroots Central while a fundraising event is going on, but the rest are moved to the Ron Paul Candidates Seeking Office area of the forum.

yongrel
04-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Oh yes they are. At least if I see them they are. That is why that subforum was established. We do allow fundraising threads to be placed in Grassroots Central while a fundraising event is going on, but the rest are moved to the Ron Paul Candidates Seeking Office area of the forum.

Thank you mods, for keeping grassroots uncluttered.

Sandra
04-07-2008, 03:56 PM
I don't care who or what people support on these forums.

You want my two cents?

Quick asking the mods to fix things. If you have a problem with someone or a position, either debate or ignore.

Asking the mods to control the flow of information here is no different than a nanny government making sure that everyone stays on topic, and stays on course.

Screw that.

This is liberty forest now, with many, many pro Ron Paul people. This place wouldn't be half as popular if you just banned the lay supporters and the non-supporters.

If the movement came down to an irate minority, Ron Paul would still be represented.

I hate Bob "dandy" Barr, but I hate censorship more.

No it isn't. Mods have said over and over and over, that this is a PRIVATE FORUM whose posts they can move at their discretion. But you're more than welcome to start your own forum and see how it pans out not banning some posts.

Rhys
04-07-2008, 05:25 PM
I think Bob Barr needs to be a Ron Paul Republican before we even debate him. He's not a Revolutionary. He's a dirty politician.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-07-2008, 06:21 PM
I think Bob Barr needs to be a Ron Paul Republican before we even debate him. He's not a Revolutionary. He's a dirty politician.

Yeah... Barr has some skeletons he needs to take care of... convincingly.

Here's how I see Barr... The neocons have taken over the republican party, so Barr, a former republican, would like to gain a foothold in the libertarian party - probably along with other republicans forced out by neocons. Cato and Reason will be all about Barr the libertarian.

I have a bunch of friends who donated a bunch of shoe leather for the LP to even be on the ballot in any number of places. They didn't do it for Barr, I guarantee it. In fact, many of them were fighting against Barr, and he surely doesn't deserve some sort of easy pass into the LP.

voytechs
04-07-2008, 07:03 PM

I setup a buletin board this morning. There is a problem with registering new accounts, and haven't had time to look into it:

http://barrforums.com

orlandoinfl
04-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Great, Barr-heads can go post all they want over there.
Now all we need to do is some housecleaning and get these forums on the right path.

speciallyblend
04-07-2008, 07:11 PM
well bob barr is my choice if ron paul doesnt run independent so i think bob barr should be in our grassroots ,since many in this room might be voting this way if ron paul doesnt run in the general election. If Ron Paul would run like we asked him, there wouldnt be bob barr threads. It's really up to ron paul. i will vote for him in general election ,but if he doesnt plan a write in campaign or run independent ,then everyone in the forum has a right to announce someone worth voting for.

Kade
04-07-2008, 09:55 PM
No it isn't. Mods have said over and over and over, that this is a PRIVATE FORUM whose posts they can move at their discretion. But you're more than welcome to start your own forum and see how it pans out not banning some posts.

I have a forum. It is larger than this.

I ban only spammers.

And I don't recall those posts, can you point me to them?