PDA

View Full Version : Find Out How YOU Can Make A Difference At The National Convention

dirtyp
04-06-2008, 04:19 PM
CONFERENCE CALL:
APRIL 8TH
TUESDAY 8:00 PM EST, 7:00 PM CST, 5:00 PM PST
(605) 475-4333 access 280097#

This is a special conference call to start coordination of "Operation Delegation Education"

Come Listen To Evan Cutler And Find Out How YOU Can Make A Difference At The National Convention

We delegates in Alaska did one project that I think bears replication, both for states with pending State Conventions, and most importantly, on a national level, before the St. Paul Convention. First, we realized that mainstream media had been almost completely ignoring Dr. Paul.

We decided to send our own media, in the form of a DVD, to every single registered delegate and alternate in Alaska before the state convention, on the grounds that at least they could have a chance to learn who Dr. Paul was. This would help counter that "fringe" candidate label the media was applying to Dr. Paul.

And it worked! Not as well as we might have liked, but very well indeed. We found a lot more support at the convention as most the delegates who watched it never had the opportunity to learn about Dr. Paul previously, and many found they were far more in agreement with Dr. Paul, than with John McCain.
http://blog4paul.blogspot.com/2008/04/conference-call-find-out-how-you-can.html

JanetR
04-06-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm glad to see this. I hope organizers will consider doing a second one (in June?) for people in states which have not yet voted ... there will probably be a number of new delegates who will have missed this first conference call.

Also, may I caution participants to keep in mind that certain factions which do not support Ron Paul may get wind of this and listen in... care should be taken to maintain the utmost professional integrity, to protect the reputation of the campaign. I'm sure you've thought of this already; I just wanted to mention it because as a former journalist, it was my first thought. Our mantra was, "if you don't want to see it on the front page, don't say/do it." Also, certain people in the GOP already have it out for Ron Paul and might like to get some ammuniton with which to discredit him. Or his supporters/delegates.

That warning aside, though, I think it's great that you're getting people organized and informed for the convention. I hope we see a lot more of this in the months to come.

All the best,
Janet R.

dirtyp
04-14-2008, 05:35 AM
Our greatest asset is our grassroots work. I will not let any opportunity slip by.