PDA

View Full Version : Concerning McCain. Even RUSH LIMBAUGH is with US.

tnvoter
04-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Straight from Newsmax:

Top radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh isn’t softening his criticism of John McCain now that he’s the presumptive GOP candidate — and Rush says he won’t abandon his conservative principles even to defeat the Democrats.
Responding to a caller who suggested that Rush spends “too much time criticizing” McCain and could in effect help elect the Democratic candidate, Limbaugh said on April 2: “If that happens to be the case, there will be one person responsible for that, and that will be Senator McCain, not me. Senator McCain is the one actively seeking Democrat votes.
“Senator McCain gives a speech at Annapolis today, and he basically tells the achievers of this country, the people who are working, that they are cynical and lazy, and that they have had wealth come to them too easy and they need to go out and do public service.
"He needs to give that speech to the people in the entitlement industry in this country who are sitting around waiting for handouts from their fellow citizens.
“The Republican Party is the home of people who believe in American exceptionalism, and Senator McCain's speech is not about American exceptionalism. He's clearly targeting liberal Democrats as his support base.”
Rush told listeners that after he delivered a recent speech, someone in the crowd told him to "get over it," referring to McCain being the GOP nominee-in-waiting.
Limbaugh said on his show: “I said, ‘Get over it? You're asking me to get over my principles! You're asking me to get over what I think is best for this country. You're asking me to get over what I think needs to be done, and that is liberals need to be defeated and not joined and not appeased.’”
Rush also said that if he did endorse McCain now, not only would he “lose my audience,” but liberal Democrats and independents who are going to vote for him “would scram, if they think that I all of a sudden like him. The worst thing I could do is come out and endorse the guy.”
Later in the show Limbaugh changed course and referred to a shocking recent study that found that three out of 10 American public high school students do not graduate, and in many cities less than half receive a diploma.
“There's no question that inner-city schools are failing minority kids,” said Limbaugh.
“These are primarily black and Hispanic kids in Democrat Party-run cities, and they are left to fail year after year, decade after decade! Liberalism is giving us this problem, and it has for a long time . . .
“Liberal politics is designed to keep unions strong, including the teachers and minority kids underachieving. I mean, to the extent that there's institutional racism in America, it is in these blue states, run by liberal Democrats for years.”
Limbaugh did return to his earlier target, John McCain.
“The problem, folks, is liberalism — liberalism which controls most of the government and how it seeks to transform our society for the worst,” Limbaugh stated.
“Senator McCain could easily address that and contrast himself with the Democrats also seeking the presidency, but he doesn't; he doesn't address it in this way. He doesn't blame the government or liberalism for this, because he believes in a lot of it.”

rockandrollsouls
04-06-2008, 12:31 PM
what is it exactly that rush dislikes about paul? just his stance on the war?

Bruno
04-06-2008, 12:49 PM

that's my only guess.

But good to see him still not supporting McCain.

The Good Doctor
04-06-2008, 03:17 PM
It isn't liberalism that is failing the schools. It is lazy parents and children. If you can't get it through your kids head that the only way to do better is to get an education then you are the idiot. Someone has to show them the math of how much you can make graduating from high school VS not graduating over the course of a lifetime. Then do the same for graduative high school VS college.

Also, No Child Left Behind. They are tying public funding for highways and other projects to how many kids that get pushed through the system. For more information on this research Charlotte Iserbyt on the deliberate dumbing down of America. http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com/

I actually couldn't believe it. One time I went to a movie with my brother actually ironically it was V For Vendetta. So, I purchase some goodies before the movie, give the gal $10 and she screws up my change by shorting me a couple of dollars. So, she gets the supervisor who helps her and she still gives me the wrong change. Now, I'm not really an asshole, but I said, "You might want to pay more attention in math class from now on." My brother told me I was an asshole and that the girl would probably go home and kill herself. But I mean really. You can't figure out change? Especially when the damned machine tells you what to give back to the customer? There is a problem in the USA. People are getting dumber. See the Mike Judge film Idiocracy! :mad:

I think spending money on schools is a very good thing. (Just not for the illegal aliens getting a free ride) The only real hope for this country with the retiring baby boomers is to educate our citizens. If not more jobs will go overseas, not to mention more jobs displaced by H1-B visas here within out own borders.

rockandrollsouls
04-06-2008, 04:06 PM
It isn't liberalism that is failing the schools. It is lazy parents and children.

No, it's the liberalism. When you're forced to learn useless information you don't want to learn, it makes you want to quit. I almost did. Instead of studying the structure of atoms how about they let a student learn about money management or something?

Trust me, when you're being "taught" to pass a test from the government you're quality of learning is decreased.

The problem is the parents and children don't have a say in what the child learns; The federal government decides it for you.

Nothing in any science class I've taken has ever been pertinent to this day, though I'm sure if I learned about saving and how business works I would have saved much more money, and other students wouldn't be left believing the corporations are the bad guys. I've never once had to use any of the French I've learned, but a course on US politics sure would have helped me a lot more.

The One
04-06-2008, 04:08 PM

Rush thinks that being against the Iraq war equals being a liberal pussy. I used to think the same thing. I realized I was wrong. Rush will never realize he is wrong.

Carole
04-06-2008, 05:38 PM
The Good Doctor said:

" I think spending money on schools is a very good thing. (Just not for the illegal aliens getting a free ride) The only real hope for this country with the retiring baby boomers is to educate our citizens. If not more jobs will go overseas, not to mention more jobs displaced by H1-B visas here within out own borders."

I wonder if you are too young to remember what schools were like before the government got involved. Dropouts were rare and achievement was better. Discipline was there and we did not have to worry about the morals of our teachers, nor their actual ability to teach.

Barry Goldwater warned us strongly against Federal Aid to Education and we did not heed his warning. The states could only see dollar signs coming their way and sold out.

Goldwater was so right. Government involvement in education is and was always intended to be a Trojan Horse to wield power over the states and power over the curriculum of our children and get more money to Washington. It is a crime that the government is involved in education and a worse crime that they are purposely corrupting the education of our children. All purposely planned to help eliminate the next middle class. They have their environmental agenda and that does not include a middle class, only the few elite and the poor. Please wake up and never think that more money thrown to education is an answer, especially money thrown back with strings attached by our government. The money should never leave the states.

rockandrollsouls
04-06-2008, 06:17 PM
You bet it's a crime. I could not agree more

Libertytree
04-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Almost everything connected with our government is a crime, let's face it, our government is a serial criminal.

Alawn
04-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Why isn't Rush pushing McCain? Because he wants Hillary to win.

The Good Doctor
04-06-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm 38 and I think my sister and I (she is 35) got a pretty good education. Our younger brother (30) maybe not as much. I noticed things about his school changing. And it is terrible now. I hear about all the cuts it is sad.

However, I like Dr. Paul believe educational dollars should come from state coffers. I am not for carrot on a stick funding for education. You should have seen that from my commentary regarding no child left behind.

I think we are agreeing here. I am just saying that I would prefer money be spent on education (secondary or whatever) rather than oh a trillion dollar war in the Middle East.

The Good Doctor said:

" I think spending money on schools is a very good thing. (Just not for the illegal aliens getting a free ride) The only real hope for this country with the retiring baby boomers is to educate our citizens. If not more jobs will go overseas, not to mention more jobs displaced by H1-B visas here within out own borders."

I wonder if you are too young to remember what schools were like before the government got involved. Dropouts were rare and achievement was better. Discipline was there and we did not have to worry about the morals of our teachers, nor their actual ability to teach.

Barry Goldwater warned us strongly against Federal Aid to Education and we did not heed his warning. The states could only see dollar signs coming their way and sold out.

Goldwater was so right. Government involvement in education is and was always intended to be a Trojan Horse to wield power over the states and power over the curriculum of our children and get more money to Washington. It is a crime that the government is involved in education and a worse crime that they are purposely corrupting the education of our children. All purposely planned to help eliminate the next middle class. They have their environmental agenda and that does not include a middle class, only the few elite and the poor. Please wake up and never think that more money thrown to education is an answer, especially money thrown back with strings attached by our government. The money should never leave the states.

The Good Doctor
04-06-2008, 11:23 PM
Yeah that is what I thought too. Lesser of two evils in Rush' mind?

Pauls' Revere
04-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Rush thinks that being against the Iraq war equals being a liberal pussy. I used to think the same thing. I realized I was wrong. Rush will never realize he is wrong.

I love your signature :D

tnvoter
04-07-2008, 09:59 AM

I'd think so but he bashes the Clintons constantly. He's said good things about Paul, I think he's probably just fighting to get Romney on the ticket.

ItsTime
04-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Two parents - One Parent + 40 to 80 work weeks + day care + over medication of child + lazy teachers + unhealthy school lunches + too much homework + child in to many after school activities = child failing

Rhys
04-07-2008, 02:34 PM
When I was about 14, Rush was on in the morning on TV before school. I never watched him but I did one morning where he pointed out how good people could eat at school if the school stopped buying the food because the market had better food cheaper. Ever since, I'be been a supporter of free markets, which lead me to Ron Paul this year.