PDA

View Full Version : Nolan Chart: NO endorsement of Barr

bobbyw24
04-06-2008, 11:59 AM
http://www.nolanchart.com/article3376.html

I Believe Ron Paul

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I am betting against a Bob Barr endorsement.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by rtbohan
(Libertarian)
Recently there has been a flurry in the libertarian community about the possible candidacy of Bob Barr for the Libertarian nomination for President. I assume that Mr. Barr is seriously considering a contest for the nomination and he may well receive it.

But neither Mr. Barr nor the Libertarian Party could stir so much mention and attention on the blogosphere and in the main stream media either individually or jointly. What excites both libertarians and the two major parties is the possibility of an endorsement of Mr. Barr by Ron Paul.

Ron Paul, we are told, is a friend of Bob Barr. I have no reason to doubt it. An endorsement of Mr. Barr by Ron Paul, we are told, would assure him of the Libertarian nomination. I believe that, although I am sure that supporters of other candidates for the nomination will keep the nomination from being a first ballot selection. Bob Barr with Ron Paul's endorsement could bring greater success to the Libertarian Party. If Ron Paul's supporters vote for Bob Barr,we are told, they might bring the Libertarian Party its highest vote ever. Yes, and if they all vote for John McCain, or Barack Obama, or Hillary Clinton they might well elect any of those candidates.

But I do not believe any of this will happen, because I believe Ron Paul. In an interview published by Newsweek (www.newsweek.com) Representative Paul was asked if he plannned to endorse John McCain, ask his supporters to support John McCain. He said, "I'm not going to tell them what to do."

I believe him.

When it became clear that John McCain was going to be the nominee of the Republican Party, a large number of his supporters were urging him to run as an independent, or accept nomination by the Libertarian Party. I pointed out at the time that Rpresentative Paul had made it clear that, having entered the Republican race, he had not intention of pursuing a third party or indenpendent run for the presidendy. I took him at his word then and I take him at his word now. Trust in Representative Paul's word is one of the reasons I support him.

Bob Barr is probably going to announce his candidacy at the Libertarian Heartland Conference. He may have done so even while I have been writing this.

He may well be the best of the Libertarian candidates. He may well win the Libertarian nomination. If is does so I will probably vote for him in November.

But I expect those things will have to happen without an endorsement from Ron Paul.

Conza88
04-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Ron Paul, till I die.

Jeremy
04-06-2008, 08:17 PM
I can write an article for Nolan Chart praising Barr... what's the diff?