PDA

View Full Version : I'm Resigning My GOP MEMBERSHIP, effective monday morning

speciallyblend
04-06-2008, 09:39 AM
I will continue to promote Ron Pauls Message around our counties. I will be the most active person against mccain in our counties in colorado,but i can no longer be a member of a corrupt gop who only trys to marginalize me and republicans across the country. The gop has only made me certain who im not voting for mccain.

I can only hope that other republicans can take back their(our)party. I dont want the republican party as is. What the gop is doing is disgusting and i will campaign for anyone but mccain.. I'm truly disgusted. I wish the best for the rest of the republicans ,but seeing the road the gop is choosing. I predict a total meltdown of the gop after the general election,let them make their bed..

Ron Paul 2008 or anyone but mccain...

I did my best folks but it seems the gop is truly deaf dumb and blind ,SO BE IT.:mad:

Dustancostine
04-06-2008, 09:43 AM
I can only hope that other republicans can take back their(our)y. I dont want the republican party as is. What the gop is doing is discusting and i will campaign for anyone but mccain.. I'm trully disgusted. I wish the best for the rest of the republicans ,but seeing the road the gop is choosing. i predict a total meltdown of the gop after the general election,let them make their bed..

I did my best folks but it seems he gop is truly deaf dumb and blind ,SO BE IT.:mad:

Specialty please don't do that. What are you going to do? Join the Dems? Or the Libertarians who have not made an impact on the national level?

If the GOP is pissing you off, then you should stay in the party and force them to correct. That is what we are doing in Texas and it is working. Rome wasn't built in a day, but it sure was burnt in one. It will take time to take back the party, but you cannot win the game if you pout and take your ball and go home. Remember that these sheep in the party have been fed neocon propaganda for a long time now, it will take a while to educate them. It is kind of like losing weight, don't give up because you don't loose 40 pounds the first week, keep working hard and it will pay off, but we cannot do it if we have short attention spans.

--Dustan

mcgraw_wv
04-06-2008, 09:43 AM
We really need a maximum amount of people working it from within the inside.

To some history on the political parties... this happens all time, the GOP used to be for the people that were down trodden... now they are for the uber rich...

We are simply in the midst of a party platform change, same name, new direction. It is up to all of us to change the platform. It is the smartest way to change the country.

Both parties have changed and moved in different directions... keep fighting, focus on your local party, and create the spark that changes the people in your area.

sluggo
04-06-2008, 09:44 AM
I share your frustration. However, I made acquaintances with a guy who is the former GOP head in a neighboring county. He convinced me that the party is in shambles, and the best way to get it back is to tough it out, and to BECOME the local GOP.

It won't be easy, but I think it's the best chance we've got to get our candidates in office.

Aratus
04-06-2008, 09:47 AM
speciallyblend, if you still feel this way, do wait untiil after the september convention in st. paul!!!

Michael Landon
04-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Please stick with the GOP. The more people we have that can continue to stand up against the current GOP the better odds we have of eventually winning back the party.

In both my BPOU convention and the Congressional district convention we went through some really corrupt bullshit from the "Old Guard" of the Republican Party. This only proves one thing...they hate us and fear us. This is a good thing. In 2 years we can get the party back into our hands, there will be a lot less people showing up because it isn't a Presidential election year and we should be able to take A LOT more of the delegate seats then.

I remember at my precinct caucus, the co-chair mentioned that 2 years ago there were only 2 people there and they filled the 2 delegate spots. This year there were 30+ people there. Guess what? In 2 years there'll probably be only 10 people there and 8 of them will be Ron Paul Republicans.

Please keep up the fight.

- ML

speciallyblend
04-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Specialty please don't do that. What are you going to do? Join the Dems? Or the Libertarians who have not made an impact on the national level?

If the GOP is pissing you off, then you should stay in the party and force them to correct. That is what we are doing in Texas and it is working. Rome wasn't built in a day, but it sure was burnt in one. It will take time to take back the party, but you cannot win the game if you pout and take your ball and go home. Remember that these sheep in the party have been fed neocon propaganda for a long time now, it will take a while to educate them. It is kind of like losing weight, don't give up because you don't loose 40 pounds the first week, keep working hard and it will pay off, but we cannot do it if we have short attention spans.

--Dustan

but i put in 100% and im sorry . I cant sit in a room full of ____. I dont need the republican party. Id rather vote for someone outside the republican party then waste it on a republican such as mccain. I can always support a true republican after the general election. my job is done in colorado. I'm only an alternate so. My goal is now to save my money so i can visit my mom who i havent seen in 2 yrs.
There really isnt anything else i can do for my caucus and im tired of the gop's unethical tactics. I have hope but to be honest knowing the gop. they will not allow ron paul to win the convention. mccain is dead in the water.

I can still have hope,but my job is done,now to watch the gop self implode. The gop in colorado is truly clueless. they think all is fine,so let them think that. There is nothing i can do personally in colorado its up to the gop party hacks and the state delegates. I was voted out by mccain and party drones who are clueless and i guess brain-washed gop neo-cons who will find out the hard way . the gop needs to lose ,maybe thats the problem.

angelatc
04-06-2008, 09:57 AM
You're right. The GOP indeed needs to lose, it needs to fall apart, and you need to be in an established position ready to start the reconstruction.

The whole process is corrupt, but you have to wade into the vipers before you can behead them.

speciallyblend
04-06-2008, 09:58 AM
speciallyblend, if you still feel this way, do wait untiil after the september convention in st. paul!!!

but im in colorado and im already out . I'm only an alternate to the state and by no means have a chance in hell of going national. I'm on the volunteer list for the st. paul convention. other then that there is nothing left for me in colorado but to campaign against mccain or hope someone runs otside the republican party or that the state delegates in colorado nominate ron paul supporters for the national. It's pretty much out of my hands now,so thats all i can do. I tell you what if ron paul doesnt run 3rd party or endorses someone outside the republican party .I will post democrat sign in frot of my house before i ever push mccain.

you can thank the gops actions across this country for that. I will treat the gop like they treated ron paul. THE GOP CAN BLAME THEMSELVES FOR MY ATTITUDE ON THE GOP.

I DO WISH EVERYONE THE BEST and know my vote is for RON PAUL 2008 or someone other then mccain

xd9fan
04-06-2008, 09:58 AM
I will continue to promote Ron Pauls Message around our counties. I will be the most active person against mccain in our counties in colorado,but i can no longer be a member of a corrupt gop who only trys to marginalize me and republicans across the country. The gop has only made me certain who im not voting for mccain.

I can only hope that other republicans can take back their(our)party. I dont want the republican party as is. What the gop is doing is disgusting and i will campaign for anyone but mccain.. I'm truly disgusted. I wish the best for the rest of the republicans ,but seeing the road the gop is choosing. I predict a total meltdown of the gop after the general election,let them make their bed..

I did my best folks but it seems the gop is truly deaf dumb and blind ,SO BE IT.

boy it took you awhile

I reached your point during Katrina (2005)
I too will push for Paul and Liberty....but I no longer think the GOP gives a shit about Gun-Rights or limited Govt.

...and I will not reward their behavior with a McCain vote.....NEVER

Dustancostine
04-06-2008, 10:00 AM
but im in colorado and im already out . I'm only an alternate to the state and by no means hav a chance in hell of going national. I'm on the volunteer list for the st. paul. other then that there is nothing left for me in colorado but to campaign against mccain or hope someone runs otside the republican party or that the state delegates in colorado nominate ron paul supporters for the national. It's pretty much out of my hands now,so thats

Just because you stay in the GOP doesn't mean you have to support McCain. I am writing in RP in November. Instead try to find a good liberty minded local candidate and support him. We have to start building our candidate base now for the future. McCain is not the GOP.

--Dustan

IM2L844
04-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Don't quit now! Things are just getting interesting.

I know a huge number of us have been stumbling around like chickens with our heads cut off this time around, but now we are getting past the learning curve and by 2010 we have the opportunity to to get all the kinks ironed out and become a well oiled machine that the Neo-Con branch of the party will not be able to resist.

It might not be readily apparent right now, but I believe we are on a winning team that will be unstoppable in the near future if we can just find a way to stick together long enough.

We can do this thing.

speciallyblend
04-06-2008, 10:07 AM

--Dustan

I dont have to be a republican in my county;0 since being a republican here is a death sentence anyway. I'm in leadville colorado where we got a majority of libertarians(true conservative republicans) on our town council(and sensible conservative dems). Our town is mostly conservative ,but anti republican. the last thing you want to be here is a republican and after mccain , i think we might need to ban the word;) anyway locally the libertarians and greens are effective and not as corrupt. Colorado has thought locally for many of years thats why the last thing you want to admit here is that your a republican, no worries we already think locally and locally the gop is truly dead and ill make sure of it,since a majority of people here have no intention of voting mccain let alone republican ,thank god they see thru the gop crap..

Michael Landon
04-06-2008, 10:09 AM
By the way, I'll never vote for McCain... Republicans NEVER vote for LIBERALS.

You are judged by the company you keep:
McCain/Kennedy
McCain/Feingold
McCain/Lieberman
Kerry/McCain 2004? :)

Kennedy, Feingold, Lieberman, Kerry? Liberals.
McCain? Liberal.

- ML

orlandoinfl
04-06-2008, 10:12 AM
It's only a learning curve. The GOP is scared shitless. The Revolution is working.

speciallyblend
04-06-2008, 10:16 AM
thanks for comments. I understand everyone ,but i remind you i dont have to be republican to vote for a true republican either. I will personally enjoy watching the gop implode before the election or after either way it will be a good purge to allow the true republicans to take back their party. there wont be one republican after the election ,that i didnt say told you so,but hey the gop is truly deaf.

mdh
04-06-2008, 10:20 AM

Why support any party at all? Find good candidates, regardless of party affiliation, and support them. :)

Dustancostine
04-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Why support any party at all? Find good candidates, regardless of party affiliation, and support them. :)

You can do that while working within the party. Who do you think chooses and grooms the candidates, where do you think the majority of candidates come from? They come from the party machine. And who drives that machine, helps drive the candidates, now all you have to do is try and get your hands on the wheel.

--D

rockandrollsouls
04-06-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm a registered Republican because I can change the party. The libertarian party doesn't need my help. They have it right. However, I can correct the republican party at town meetings and such and at least attempt to bring it back to its roots

Seanmc30
04-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Ya know, this reminds me of something that happens to a loved one with a drug problem. If you bail them out of trouble or give them money, simply because you can't stand the thought of them being completely desolate and on the street...you may help them in the short term, but they will always revert back to the old behavior.

The trick is to swallow your own grief and simply let them hit rock bottom. This is what needs to happen to the Republican party. The party overlords need to understand that if they do not comply with the principles of their constituency, we will not continue to support them. Party of principles = We don't make any god damn exceptions!!!

Personally, I will not be voting for any of the big three candidates, but I am hoping that the Republicans loose in a massive land slide......and I mean massive. I want the Republican party to hurt so bad after this election that they will have no choice but to re-assess this ridiculous path to Fascism they have decided to follow.

Supporting McCain, just because you really don't like the alternative, is not helping the party, or its TRUE platform, it simply allows these cronies to think they can do anyhting they want and people will still vote for them.

JS4Pat
04-06-2008, 10:33 AM
thanks for comments. I understand everyone ,but i remind you i dont have to be republican to vote for a true republican either. I will personally enjoy watching the gop implode before the election or after either way it will be a good purge to allow the true republicans to take back their party. there wont be one republican after the election ,that i didnt say told you so,but hey the gop is truly deaf.

One thing you need to remember when you reach your boiling point - when you look around in disgust at the lemmings participating in your local GOP clubs is that YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!

We are out here doing the same thing as you. We are just as frustrated and angry at what we experience within the Republican Party.

BUT

What keeps us going is knowing that we are not alone. Knowing that there are hundreds / thousands around the nation doing the same thing. Knowing that our numbers are GROWING not SHRINKING within the GOP.

When I read a post like yours - I cringe - not just because we lose YOU in the fight - but because of the effect you potentially have on others in our movement.

I would urge you to re-register as a Republican in Colorado and continue showing up at every GOP meeting and event. Send the message that you are in this thing to win. They can disrespect you - they can manipulate the rules - they can even "win" this election - but ultimately you (us) are going to win this war. Why? Because our movement has the answers and the truth and those of us in the movement will never give-up. Dr. Paul has lit a fire in us and it is spreading. It will probably take longer than the 2008 election for us to feel "victorious" - but that is ok. Nothing worth having - nothing of value - comes easy.

If we do this right -the 2010 or 2012 Republican Party - will be the party of Ron Paul. :)

Help us get there!

speciallyblend
04-06-2008, 10:34 AM
boy it took you awhile

I reached your point during Katrina (2005)
I too will push for Paul and Liberty....but I no longer think the GOP gives a shit about Gun-Rights or limited Govt.

...and I will not reward their behavior with a McCain vote.....NEVER

so no worries there;) most republicans i know outside the party hacks ,have no intention of voting for mccain.It's just a shame they didnt show to caucus in numbers we needed,but hey the gop thinks republicans are lining up behind mccain. they have lost the election already thinking this way;)

MozoVote
04-06-2008, 10:39 AM
I really think the worst rot is in the GOP party leadership.

I've had some chats with local level people, some of them elected to minor offices, who know the party is off track. They just waive their hand at the "Gotta back McCain" mantra and say "whatever" because they have their own local priorities to attend to.

I think we can reach some of the rank and file GOP. When RP Repubs are in party committees and begin winning some offices themseleves, it's easier for the herd to join. The problem is that someone needs to stick their neck out first, and that's most likely to happen from the new members.

Aratus
04-06-2008, 10:40 AM
if g.w bush is armtwisting john mccain's people into a rigid pro-administration stance
on top of the inate belief mccain has for the "surge"... i think the last thing g.w bush
wants is to be told that the republican rank and file have an independence of thought!

rockandrollsouls
04-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Bad analogy. There will always be people who are not true republicans that identify with those neocon principles and will begin to steer the ship. It's happening now, and we are trying to take back what's ours only to be met with resistance from those who aren't true republicans.

RonPaulVolunteer
04-06-2008, 11:10 AM

I did my best folks but it seems the gop is truly deaf dumb and blind ,SO BE IT.:mad:

Awesome, let's all just give up and walk away like cowards.

A Ron Paul Rebel
04-06-2008, 11:19 AM
GOP is just a label... a word!

Any label confines, restricts and puts limitations in place...
if you let it!!!

If you can get a GOP position, then go for it. Otherwise
support those who can. Also, think about building a list
of local supports and possible 'liberty minded candidates'
and take over your local government. :) (I'm working on and
see several great tools being developed.)

Hunter

p.s. It really is 'we the people' who are in charge. We just
want (need) ways to 'come together' and 'unite for a common
purpose'.

This is the key to it ALL!!!

I had no intention of mentioning this when I started this post but,
www.standandunite.com and www.savegasnow.org are designed
to 'unite' and 'inform'!

You want an evolved driving society? Check out the 247 gas saving tips.
(I'm upgrading the homepage as we speak. Feedback is appreciated.)
Thanks

TruthAtLast
04-06-2008, 11:33 AM
speciallyblend, take a couple weeks. Vent the frustration then revisit the decision. Focus on other things like visiting your mother.

The GOP is screwed but we were NEVER going to take it over in a single election cycle. We are just planting the seeds of change. Be patient and let them grow. We need people like you that have gained experience and knowledge to continue to be involved in the process. They are trying to disenfranchise you. Don't let them win.

Other supporters (like in Florida) can't even get into the party and you are thinking of leaving? There are a few things that can happen here over time.
The Neo-Cons can waste so much time, effort, and money being paranoid about us, that it will erode their effectiveness. You see this happening already. They are freaking out.
As the GOP begins to falter by the implosion of their own arrogance and stupidity, you may be in a position to rebuild and gain power to effect change. Or at least support other members who might be in a position to make change.
If the GOP completely falls apart in time, it could open the door for a third party (whatever it is) to rise in power. This could take several election cycles and this probably isn't our main goal but the option should be left open as things begin to unfold over the next 4-8 years. If this happened, you could play a roll in completely dismantling any remaining infrastructure left. Even major parties have come and gone over the last few hundred years. You just never know what the future holds.

The Good Doctor
04-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Dude. This is what they want you to do. Don't fall for their bullshit. You have to fight them from within. Sooner or later these fucks will die off. You need to be ready. ;)

Rhys
04-06-2008, 12:01 PM

you're being part of the problem, not the solution. We need to get rid of the corruption by replacing it, not tucking tail and running away.

The soldiers almost starved in 1776. All we have to do is go to GOP meetings with assholes.

tnvoter
04-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Today I unsubscribed from the GoP party newsletter, because they were sending me McCain campaign material. I gave them a list of things that are destroying our country including the debasing of our currency, and listed the things that McCain supports off of that list and why at this time that I can not support him.

I let them know how strongly I have been GoP in the past, and how I will not be giving them any more money until they get their head on straight. That simple.

Jamsie 567
04-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Change starts from with in if your a Republican that does not mean your voting for McCain.

I refuse to succomb to defeat!!

This post is a joke why do you feel the need to tell us your quitting?

nbhadja
04-06-2008, 12:25 PM
but i put in 100% and im sorry . I cant sit in a room full of ____. I dont need the republican party. Id rather vote for someone outside the republican party then waste it on a republican such as mccain. I can always support a true republican after the general election. my job is done in colorado. I'm only an alternate so. My goal is now to save my money so i can visit my mom who i havent seen in 2 yrs.
There really isnt anything else i can do for my caucus and im tired of the gop's unethical tactics. I have hope but to be honest knowing the gop. they will not allow ron paul to win the convention. mccain is dead in the water.

I can still have hope,but my job is done,now to watch the gop self implode. The gop in colorado is truly clueless. they think all is fine,so let them think that. There is nothing i can do personally in colorado its up to the gop party hacks and the state delegates. I was voted out by mccain and party drones who are clueless and i guess brain-washed gop neo-cons who will find out the hard way . the gop needs to lose ,maybe thats the problem.

Wake up! Hillary and Obama are no different from Obama!! They are all war mongering big government idiots!

Midnight77
04-06-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm actually doing the same thing and am going Independent. I have no loyalty to either Party anymore, since neither Party has any loyalty to the American people. Instead of sticking with the GOP in hopes of "forcing them to change" (which is NOT going to happen), the best way is to simply leave them and allow them to self-destruct on their own. This isn't a movie where the plot lies in destroying the evil entity from within. If you don't like what they're doing, leave them.

I, for one, am done with them. I'm tired of the Rich getting richer while the Middle Class and the Poor bear the brunt of the President's decisions. Here we have gas prices through the roof. At one "76" station I passed two days ago in Los Angeles, it was over $4 for Regular. And the rest of the country will be there by the end of the year. We have a corrupt President in bed with these Oil Companies. I don't know. Maybe we do need some sort of Wealth Re-Distribution in America, if this is the way things continue with the Health Care Industry and Oil Companies.

I'm at a Political Crossroads in my life, right about now.

jrich4rpaul
04-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Yes the GOP sucks. It's full of neocons. But leaving the party is only handing everything over to them.

Ron's trying to bring the GOP back to it's old values, and we need to stay in the party for that to work.

Running from problems never solves them.

nbhadja
04-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Wake up! Hillary and Obama are no different from Obama!! They are all war mongering big government idiots!

Lol i meant no different from McCain.

Midnight77
04-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Yes the GOP sucks. It's full of neocons. But leaving the party is only handing everything over to them.

Ron's trying to bring the GOP back to it's old values, and we need to stay in the party for that to work.

Running from problems never solves them.

The GOP is not going to change because of Ron Paul. You are giving him way too much credit. I like his ideas, more than any other Presidential candidate I've ever supported. But he doesn't have the will nor the overall support to make it happen ... as has been demonstrated in the Primaries and Caucuses.

Ron Paul supporters have been accused of being very arrogant, thus far. And the continued idea of us "taking over the GOP" proves that we really haven't learned our lesson and are simply continuing this arrogant line of thinking.

I re-iterate that the best way to deal with the GOP is to leave them completely, and let their support erode.

Jay778x
04-06-2008, 01:41 PM
yep!

soapmistress
04-06-2008, 01:44 PM
SpeciallyBlend - I think you need a copy of the Manifesto stat! Dr's orders :)

Don't give up. A lot of us are newcomers and got here too late but will definitely be there as the second wave reinforcements.

Laja
04-06-2008, 02:00 PM
thank you for bringing up this topic. those of us who are delegates and who will continue forward with this charade may be wasting our time. at the uppermost levels of both the political parties hover the same powerful people. republican/democrat...it's all a big smoke and mirrors battlefield for those of us who are minions and who like to play war games on a safer level than a real battlefield. the winner is either already chosen by the elites or both candidates are puppets. no one would ever get as far as a clinton, mccain, or obama unless they were backed by the corporatocracy.

so if you enjoy playing games, then stay involved. but know that no matter what changes you effect to this broken and corrupt system, it'll never change things on the highest level.

i find this quote to be most helpful when i get lost in the two-party system GAME (and indeed, it is a game)

"In order to change an existing paradigm, you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete." Buckminster Fuller

TruthAtLast
04-06-2008, 02:21 PM
SpeciallyBlend - I think you need a copy of the Manifesto stat! Dr's orders :)

haha. I think I need one too. I pre-ordered a bunch and I'm still patiently waiting.

JGalt
04-06-2008, 02:39 PM
I already left.

Midnight77
04-06-2008, 03:02 PM
I already left.

I encourage everyone on here to do the same. That is the sure fire way to stick it to them, as opposed to staying in a Corrupt Party where the upper brass will not budge, since they do not care about the people in the Party. They only their profits.

You know the latest poll where 80% of Americans think the country is heading in the Wrong direction and only 20% are satisfied with it? Those 20% are the ones that rule the GOP and they do not give a damn about anyone else but themselves and their profits. They will not change, no matter what.

We need to accept the fact that RP supporters alone are not going to "change" the GOP, and nor will they force the GOP to change. Because a lot of us are not as Big as we apparently think we are. Any time someone like Paul comes in that threatens their rule, they will simply do what they did to Ron himself and do every thing they can do to deface him and blacklist him with their buddies in FOX News, the GOP's base of viewers.

It's time to accept the fact that the Republican Party as we knew it, is dead. It is now the Party of the Neocons and nothing is going to change that. The only sure way to deal with them is to leave the Party and never support them ever again, since they will not change.

Everyone needs to register Independent or go to another Party. But one thing is for sure. It is time to leave the GOP.

austin4paul
04-06-2008, 03:07 PM
The OP and half of the people who've posted replies need to run for office. If you missed the deadline this time, get yourself ready to run next election cycle.

In the words of Ron Paul (I'm paraphrasing) a campaign is a short-term endeavor, a Revolution is a long-term project.

I was DISGUSTED by the about 25% of the Republicans at my district convention. I felt like I had almost nothing in common with them, other than a belief in small government. Then there were the 45% of the room that were Ron Paul Republicans, and I was damn proud to stand by their side. If we'd gotten a few more of us there, we would have had a majority. Then there were about 35% that seemed like they could be educated if we took the time to do so, and they might just stand beside us the next election cycle. I had some great conversations with them and began the long, slow process of recruiting them. But if I run away, I'll never have that chance.

Stick it out. Start showing up at the Republican club luncheons. You can barf in disgust or scream in frustration or cry in despair afterwards, but you need to stick it out. Let THEM start leaving the meetings in disgust that the Republican party has been taken over by people that they have nothing in common with. You STICK IT OUT, you hear me?

We've made HUGE progress this cycle, but it's not an overnight endeavor. It's gonna take some commitment. But -- it's totally worth it.

In Austin TX, we took over one of the senatorial district conventions. We were DAMN close on the 2nd one. Give us 1 more election cycle and we'll have them. We need everyone in the country doing the same thing.

You cannot quit on us. We need you.

FYI - that doesn't mean you have to vote for McCain. Stick with your principles. But keep showing up and showing up and showing up at every Republican function you can find. YOU are a Republican. THEY are not. But if you're not there to remind them, then THEY get the party that WE deserve.

Get it?

RPTXState
04-06-2008, 03:08 PM
I encourage everyone on here to do the same. That is the sure fire way to stick it to them, as opposed to staying in a Corrupt Party where the upper brass will not budge, since they do not care about the people in the Party. Only their profits.

RP supporters are not going to "change" the GOP, and nor will they force the GOP to change. Because a lot of us are not as Big as we apparently think we are. The only sure way to deal with them is to leave the Party and never support them again, since they will not change. Let their greed do them in and allow them to implode.

Top brass at the upper levels (State and National) will take time to remove, but we've had significant success in clearing out the neocons in my County.

The time it takes to clear out the old guard in the Republican Party is certainly less than the time it will take to build a 3rd party, get it to win elections, raise public perception of them, and get laws passed to get us out of the two party system.

JS4Pat
04-06-2008, 03:12 PM
The GOP is not going to change because of Ron Paul. You are giving him way too much credit.

You are correct - Not because of Ron Paul - because of US!

Sure I'd prefer to shed the GOP label and be a truly new & independent movement but I am convinced that is NOT the most pragmatic approach.

We want our ideas to WIN and we want them to win as quickly as possible.

Like it or not our system has been set up in such a way that achieving power in government happens only through one of the 2 major political parties.

So we can go fight the first revolution to change the political system - Something that I'm sure will take years maybe decades to win. And then after that start on our revolution to restore the constitution.

OR

We can USE THE GOP to win our revolution to restore the constitution and worry about the two-party system later.

Personally - I don't think there is enough time to worry about the former before changing the latter.

We need to be together on this.

soapmistress
04-06-2008, 03:43 PM
We're all frustrated. Each and every one of us has felt torn and tugged between the joy we feel when we envision what things could be like, and rage at what is. Just don't lose sight of one thing: those 2 feelings, while polar opposites, are two of the strongest things in this world. They are raw. They are energy. And a whole lot of people on the other side don't have those forces driving them.

If you take a guy picking a fight for the fun of it, and the guy he's picking on and put them side by side, my bet is ALWAYS going to be to favor the latter. No matter how small he is, or his level of skill in combat, that guy there has rage on his side and the other guy doesn't. The one who fights to protect something dear to him will always have the advantage over the one who wants to take it away just for sport. So just remember that they are the snot-nosed bullies with the BB-guns but we are the bear that they just accidentally shot in the foot.

speciallyblend
04-06-2008, 04:01 PM
I truly appreciate everyones responses. I'll keep my chin up. I'm just truly amazed and disgusted with the actions of the old gop. It makes me sick

rajibo
04-06-2008, 04:22 PM
I just finished reading Mickey Edwards new book "Reclaiming Conservatism: How a Great American Political Movement Got Lost - And How It Can Find Its Way Back."
There were a few paragraphs that I thought spoke to this issue and I'm posting them here in that glorius blue 'quote' color:

What does party dominance have to do with conservatism? The answer is, "Nothing." And conservatives should no longer support it. It is time for them to again look at the Republican Party as nothing more than a vehicle through which to advance their beliefs in constrained, Constitution-centered government. When party comes first, principle does not come second; it gets lost altogether.

It is true that given America's political system, conservatives who wish to help set national priorities will have to find a home in one of the two parties. But conservatives should make clear that they don't want to be a part of the game whose rules Gingrich devised. If they are elected as Republicans, they will increase Republican numbers and help Republicans gain committee chairmanships in Congress, state legislatures, city councils, or school boards. But the party will have to understand that conservatives will evaluate each issue through their own independent perspectives. Conservatives should no longer be expected to set aside their priniciples to protect a partisan majority.

To any conservative focused on compliance with constitutional safeguards, a declaration of independence from the Republican Party will offer a pathway to public service based on principle. And it will permanently erase the corrosive effect of the Gingrich era on both civilty and the Constitution.

Thomas_Paine
04-06-2008, 04:44 PM

I feel that this is exactly what the GOP establishment wants the Ron Paul movement to do. Right now we are a very large thorn in their sides BECAUSE we are literally TAKING OVER the GOP in many counties around the U.S. As you already know, this movement has already changed the leadership and platform in Alaska, Missouri, Texas and South Dakota. They want us to leave SO BADLY that they are treating us like Republican IMPOSTERS to be thwarted no matter the ethical cost. We must fight them where the battle is, the utterly CORRUPT GOP. I see our movement growing dynamically over the next few years, eventually we will be organized and large enough to dramatically shift the political landscape. I urge you to please not remove your membership with the GOP.

This remanent that we are apart of represents the split in the GOP which the establishment endeavors to obscure and keep secret from the people. Even though we are being hampered by the local and national GOP I still believe that we CAN successfully bring a lot of attention to the division that Dr. Paul has created between patriots and fascists.

Carole
04-06-2008, 04:57 PM
I hope you let the GOP machine know you will campaign against McInSane. :)

Carole
04-06-2008, 05:06 PM
TruthAt Last:

Good points you are making. If Speciallyblend can get some satisfaction out of givng them a hard time and scaring them from the inside, maybe he could feel better about things.

Remember that the elite have been patient for years and years in their efforts to subvert our Constitution.

I hope he takes a little time away and comes back. Maybe the frustration has caused burnout. But if he still thinks it through and just chills for a week or so, myabe he can get the mojo back. It is difficult to deal with the Rep adversity, but it is important to frustrate and frighten them, too.

Paul Revered
04-06-2008, 05:09 PM
i can no longer be a member of a corrupt gop who only trys to marginalize me and republicans across the country. The gop has only made me certain who im not voting for mccain.
IT.:mad:
Please stay with us. We need you, to help us to fix this. Ron Paul himself, said that it is easier to fix this party; than to build a new one.

TruthAtLast
04-06-2008, 05:10 PM
I truly appreciate everyones responses. I'll keep my chin up. I'm just truly amazed and disgusted with the actions of the old gop. It makes me sick

Well, if there is one thing you can count on, it is that the "old GOP" will eventually die off. I'm 30, so I can wait awhile. I'm in this for the long-haul. This is a lifetime commitment for me.

Carole
04-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Speciallyblend:

You said:

" truly appreciate everyones responses. I'll keep my chin up. I'm just truly amazed and disgusted with the actions of the old gop. It makes me sick."

It has to be difficult for people of integrity and love for the Constitution and with principles to put up with politicians and their supporters who are cluleess and power hungry and phony and not thinking or principled.

Sometimes it means you have to pretend to be what you are not just to make progress and that is part of the problem. It is conflicting internally for a Ron Paul supporter to be anything but honest. The inner conflict is frustrating and wearing and tiresome.

We just want to be forthright and honest, but they will not let us. :eek:

I know this has to be part of the problem.

Crickett
04-06-2008, 06:53 PM
There are a LOT of the old fogey delegates who will not be able to go to the convention. STICK it out. Frustration is normal, but it will take time! We need to get MORE people like u in there and frustrate the Hell out of THEM. It will happen. DO NOT depair yet!

wgadget
04-06-2008, 07:23 PM

I don't know if anyone else has already said this, but even as an alternate you're likely to make it to a delegate seat. That's what we have been told over and over down here in GA. So even though I'm only an alternate to the state convention, it's very likely that many regular delegates won't show up, giving me a delegate seat after all. And if not, you can still VOTE for Ron Paul delegates to go to national!

Don't give up...Do it for the Revolution!

Peace&Freedom
04-06-2008, 08:56 PM
I don't know if anyone else has already said this, but even as an alternate you're likely to make it to a delegate seat. That's what we have been told over and over down here in GA. So even though I'm only an alternate to the state convention, it's very likely that many regular delegates won't show up, giving me a delegate seat after all. And if not, you can still VOTE for Ron Paul delegates to go to national!

Don't give up...Do it for the Revolution!

There are many ways to 'do it' for the Revolution, and not all of us here accept the gospel that the GOP can be saved. One thing many are missing here is the two-axis nature of this debate---there's the 'save the GOP' vs. the '3rd party' camps, but also the 'exclusive' vs. the 'non-exclusive' dynamic. Too many of the Republican reformers keep insisting that their recipe is the ONLY route for the revolution, or the only way we can be a unified movement. What if the movement instead chooses instead to take the more comprehensive route of transforming the whole establishment? That option won't lock us in to choosing a single portal that may not work. In the end, we should be more loyal to seeing actual policy changes along pro-liberty lines, than we should be to a particular party vehicle.

I too am returning to the LP and leaving the GOP (as I joined it only to vote for Paul); this is not 'quitting' or 'cowardice' or other exclusivist spin, it is repositioning to fight the battle more effectively. But although I favor the third party route, I am not insisting on it as the sole answer---there is merit in the various factions of the movement fighting on multiple fronts. I say we transform the whole establishment, and not rely on one vehicle. Overwhelm the elite by making inroads with all the parties, remaking the media with 'break the matrix' type projects and so on, so they can't shut down revolution with one swoop.

The unconstitutional elite controls both major parties, the big media, the institutions etc. Even if you could transform one party, the rest of the elite infrastructure would swarm to crush us. Can't you imagine the headlines if the Paulites prevail in the Republican Party, with months and months of the media marginalizing it as the "party of extremists" and dangerous radicals? The MSM would engineer the movement to lose the next election, and then scapegoat it for the loss. The elite-leaning elements of the party leadership would then purge the insurgents so it could 'recover the center' and win again.

The save-the-GOP folks seem to assume McCain will lose the election, paving the way for the reform effort to succeed in the power vaccuum that follows---but what if he wins? The reform effort seems premised on the idea that there will be no incumbent party hierarchy to stop its takeover, but the opposite is more likely the case, especially if there is a McCain adminstration next year controlling the party. And what of the Jeb Bush machine, waiting in the wings to crank up the Republican infrastructure for the next installment of the Bush dynasty? This year, where neither the incumbent GOP President or Vice President was running, is an anomaly, and we will probably not see this vaccuum again for the forseeable future. We should accordingly work a broader plan of political reform than just coming in on one GOP engine.

Here's what I recently posted on the 'spiritual libertarian' blog anonymously, also on this subject:

...The media blackout Ron Paul experienced was a willful suppression of coverage of a candidate and movement that deserved that coverage on the merits. The LP is claiming only that it likewise deserves appropriate journalistic attention, and that it has been likewise suppressed.

It is the establishment's structural suppression of all alternative political movements (be they inside or outside the major parties) that is the issue. The latest attempt to take over or transform the Republican Party will fail, for the obvious 3 reasons that

1) Unless you are the Son of God, you can't revive a corpse. If the LP has failed electorally for 35 years to reverse the unconstitutional trend, is the answer really to be found in a party that has failed LEGISLATIVELY to reverse things for 70 years??? The GOP is dead, RIP.

2) New political wine and old party wineskins don't go together. There is no historical example of an OLD, established party being transformed from within by insurgent forces (the neocons' dominance in the GOP doesn't count, their supremacy was establishment fostered and approved). But there is a precedent for a third party replacing an old party, when the GOP succeded the Whigs. The GOP WAS a third party, thus proving minor parties can prevail---and one must re-invent the wheel, when the old one is broken.

3) ONE MUST HAVE WALKING POWER. Staying in the dead Republican Party no matter what guarantees being co-opted or neutered by that entity, unless one demonstrates the integrity to walk away from it, and make it crawl to get back your support. The insurgent group has NO leverage to compel change if it cannot genuinely threaten to leave it and cost it votes. The leverage shifts to the establishment if it knows the alternative faction is not serious enough about loyalty to its own beliefs to choose them over loyalty to a party.

For these reasons, I choose to pursue change through the LP. Maybe we won't win much electorally, but we will at least be under no delusions that nearly a century of legislative failure in a 'major party' is somehow superior.

LandonCook
04-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Boooo!

Jean
04-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Here is what I wrote to my Meet up group after our county convention. It might help you feel better.

OK, I have had some time to think about the County convention.
The convention results were: Ron Paul delegates 0, Ron Paul alternates 0, John McCain delegates 3, John McCain alternates 3.
We did very well considering! The balloting was very close! The McCain delegates were getting around 16 votes each and the Ron Paul delegates were getting around 14 votes each. That is pretty close!
I was so very proud of the Ron Paul Republicans of my County!
As a group we had not been together for six months yet we were able to gather enough strength to give the John McCain Republicans a good run for their money.
So now what? Do we quit in defeat or battle on and take our country back?
Myself I will be battling on and I hope you will be too.
I know we will have some casualties as times goes on and we will need new recruits in this battle.
The Republican party is old and it has lost its way. The party is on life support and I am not lending any aid to the party until it mends it's way. In fact I will keep pointing out to the party why they are in the position they are in every chance I get!
In other words I will be in their face! I will attend their meetings. I will not go away! That is what they want us to do! We have now completed phase 1 of the Ron Paul Revolution.
Now we begin phase 2
Phase 1 was the hard part, we were a small group struggling to be noticed. We spent our time out on the freeway holding our signs. And WE DID GET NOTICED! The Republican Party has noticed us! We have motivated many a long time republican to get up and take action to stop our advance. There are many other long time Republicans who have long since left the party and they are watching us and cheering us on from the side lines.
In phase 2 we continue to grow our group and gather strength! Our goal will still be to take back our country, one precinct at a time! All across the country this is happening! There is lots of support out there, I have talked to many republicans who have left the party disgusted with what it has turned into. We need to work with these people and bring them back into the party. We can do it and now is the time. Currently the party is in a very weak position. We can rebuild it with freedom and liberty loving people.
Phase 2 will not be broadcast across the Internet. If you want to be involved you will have to stay in contact with the group and you will have to attend some Meetups to help make plans. Phase 2 will not require alot of your time. We will need you to attend some party meetings, talk to people, and keep in contact.

Our founders gave us the constitution and told us if we wanted it to protect us we would have to protect it! We don't get a free ride. But I do believe the hard work is done or at least we are getting close to getting things in place to where if we work together we can get our country back!

LibertyEagle
04-06-2008, 11:19 PM

What you don't seem to understand is that the Dems and those currently in control of the GOP are on the same side. The GOP imploding will do very little to help us in our effort. It is weak right now, so it will be much easier for us to take it back. I know you've worked very hard in this campaign and probably need to take a break, but please do not throw in the towel.

LibertyEagle
04-06-2008, 11:24 PM
I too am returning to the LP and leaving the GOP (as I joined it only to vote for Paul); this is not 'quitting' or 'cowardice' or other exclusivist spin, it is repositioning to fight the battle more effectively. But although I favor the third party route, I am not insisting on it as the sole answer---there is merit in the various factions of the movement fighting on multiple fronts. I say we transform the whole establishment, and not rely on one vehicle. Overwhelm the elite by making inroads with all the parties, remaking the media with 'break the matrix' type projects and so on, so they can't shut down revolution with one swoop.

The unconstitutional elite controls both major parties, the big media, the institutions etc. Even if you could transform one party, the rest of the elite infrastructure would swarm to crush us

There is far more of us than there are of these "elite". But what you said is why we need to take back the party from the ground floor on up. They can't crush the movement as long as we understand the principles for which we stand.

For these reasons, I choose to pursue change through the LP. Maybe we won't win much electorally, but we will at least be under no delusions that nearly a century of legislative failure in a 'major party' is somehow superior.

I hope that is of solace when you're sitting in a Gulag.

american.swan
04-06-2008, 11:31 PM

Just reading your first few sentences I get the impression that your fed up without any support. Are you alone in your fight? That makes a big difference. I don't know your exact situation, but it sounds to me that your fighting a lot on your own and that won't work. This is a numbers game and sometimes even that isn't enough, but you need a support group around you that is working together.

Whatever the situation, for those reading this tread don't take on the establishment alone. Get a mass of friends first before you go mouthing off about Ron Paul and the like.

ValidusCustodiae
04-06-2008, 11:44 PM
It's as if the USA is infected with a virus. We are the antibodies fighting that virus. Some parts of the body are more heavily infected than others and will require more time and effort for us to prevail. The virus is slowly absorbed into the system where it is used to produce even more potent antibodies.

The biggest handicap we seem to be experiencing is the tendency of a few occasional antibodies to lose their sense of purpose and begin wandering aimlessly, or even in some cases helping the virus unintentionally. While something to avoid, this has no impact on the overall outcome.

The rest of us will continue to do our best to win over the hearts and minds of the voting public, which will not be a difficult job in my estimation. Patience and perseverance will succeed.

orlandoinfl
04-06-2008, 11:56 PM
You think Revolution comes easy? Success is 10% inspiration, 90% perspiration.

Vet_from_cali
04-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Goodriddance, We Dont Like Quitters!!!!

Jkjk

InTheoryTV
04-07-2008, 12:16 AM
SB --

I live in Colorado and I understand some of your frustration. But I don't think you should change this Monday.

But if you an alternate to State, doesn't that mean you are a delegate to your Congressional convention on May 30th? It does in my county. State delegates are alternates to the Congressional seats and visa versa. There are 7 Congressional districts in Colorado. Each district will elects 3 National delegates. So 21 National delegates come from those. The other 22 or so are picked at the State.

I was an alternate to my county convention, but now I'm a State delegate. You never know what can happen if you show up. I suggest, don't change, see you mom, and show up and see if you can make a difference.

Our meetup group is still getting out in Fort Collins. Here is a video of us on the streets this past Friday afternoon: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6w4shPMPwUs

nc4rp
04-07-2008, 12:16 AM
met·tle
n. 1. Courage and fortitude; spirit: troops who showed their mettle in combat.
2. Inherent quality of character and temperament.
on (one's) mettle Prepared to accept a challenge and do one's best.
Noun1.mettle - the courage to carry on

for·ti·tude n. Strength of mind that allows one to endure pain or adversity with courage.

en·dur·ance (http://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/ebreve.gifn-dhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/oobreve.gifrhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gifhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwa.gifns, -dyhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/oobreve.gifrhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gif-)
n. 1. The act, quality, or power of withstanding hardship or stress: A marathon tests a runner's endurance.
2. The state or fact of persevering: Through hard work and endurance, we will complete this project.
3. Continuing existence; duration.

cour·age (kûrhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gifhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/ibreve.gifj, khttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/ubreve.gifrhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gif-) n. The state or quality of mind or spirit that enables one to face danger, fear, or vicissitudes with self-possession, confidence, and resolution; bravery.

dont quit. thats what they want you to do...

besides alternate delegate is nothin to sneeze at. if McCain peeps think its wrapped up then they may not even show up. if we lose by 1 delegate in St. Paul you would be kicking yourself.

porcupine
04-07-2008, 12:18 AM

He can join us! (http://www.freestateproject.org/) We're making a big difference.

nc4rp
04-07-2008, 12:47 AM
For want of a nail the shoe was lost,
For want of a shoe the horse was lost,
For want of a horse the rider was lost,
For want of a rider the battle was lost,
For want of a battle the Kingdom was lost,
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

Attributed to Benjamin Franklin
Poor Richard's Almanac of 1757

defe07
04-07-2008, 01:09 AM
You think Revolution comes easy? Success is 10% inspiration, 90% perspiration.

Excellent quote, Orlando! I agree with this. :cool:

angelatc
04-07-2008, 01:14 AM

Me too. But tenacity is going to be integral to our success. Look at the socialists - it took them 150 years to make the inroads the developed into the entitlement system we have.

me3
04-07-2008, 05:13 AM
If I had a dollar for every time SB puts up a "I quite the GOP thread", Vern McKinley (http://www.mckinleyforcongress.com/contribute.html) would be a millionaire!

Eric21ND
04-07-2008, 05:27 AM
I'm sort of in the same boat...I just wish Ron would run 3rd party win or lose so I'd have someone to vote for in november. All the energy and enthusiasm he's built only to go out with a whisper in Novemver I think might be the end of this movement. All this will be a flash in the pan come election day.

me3
04-07-2008, 05:48 AM
I'm sort of in the same boat...I just wish Ron would run 3rd party win or lose so I'd have someone to vote for in november.
Your state won't let you write him in?

All the energy and enthusiasm he's built only to go out with a whisper in Novemver I think might be the end of this movement. All this will be a flash in the pan come election day.
Only if you post and think that it will be over.

It's not about Ron Paul. It's about Liberty. Like the star spangled banner, when one falls, another takes his place. You need to be the next Ron Paul.

Now more than ever, people need to be committed to learning and spreading the principles of liberty. To carrying on Ron Paul's efforts. This wasn't going to all change in one election.

The torch has been lit and passed to you. Will you be the one to let the flame go out?

If not, then let's not even talk about this being a flash in the pan. The stakes are too high for emotional swings and talk of quitting or flame out..

dirknb@hotmail.com
04-07-2008, 06:12 AM
I have no love for the Republican Party whatsoever, but it's our shot at winning this war in the long run. We have to beat the Establishment at their own game. The system is rigged so only Democrats or Republicans have a chance. The Republican Party is the most fertile ground of the two for our message of Liberty, because it caters to the half of the country that doesn't want socialism and prefers smaller government. Sure, it harnesses those people and leads them in the wrong direction. It's up to us to win the hearts and minds of those who are duped into following what the Republican leadership dictates. The only way we're going to win is from the inside, and the only way that's going to happen is to stay involved. It doesn't mean you have to support or vote for McCain. We all know he sucks. Read Sun Tzu's Art of War again. The way we win is from within. The Republican leaders at the local level are much older than the average Ron Paul supporters for the most part. The future of the party is ours for the taking. If we drop out, they win.

dirknb@hotmail.com
04-07-2008, 06:20 AM
I'm sort of in the same boat...I just wish Ron would run 3rd party win or lose so I'd have someone to vote for in november. All the energy and enthusiasm he's built only to go out with a whisper in Novemver I think might be the end of this movement. All this will be a flash in the pan come election day.

BS. This isn't about just Ron Paul. He just gave a tremendous boost to the movement that already existed. It's up to us to take advantage of the boost and use it to propel us to the top.

wgadget
04-07-2008, 07:55 AM
In response to Peace&Freedom:

"3) ONE MUST HAVE WALKING POWER. Staying in the dead Republican Party no matter what guarantees being co-opted or neutered by that entity, unless one demonstrates the integrity to walk away from it, and make it crawl to get back your support. The insurgent group has NO leverage to compel change if it cannot genuinely threaten to leave it and cost it votes. The leverage shifts to the establishment if it knows the alternative faction is not serious enough about loyalty to its own beliefs to choose them over loyalty to a party."

It's my opinion that your step three can be done without leaving the party. In fact, the fact that we can simply tell the old GOP that we will NOT vote for John McCain should be enough to make them quake in their boots. We don't need walking power when we already have non-voting power, which is just as effective.

Meanwhile, we can continue to stay in the party and effect change on our terms in our own time. Patience is a virtue.

Peace&Freedom
04-07-2008, 09:25 AM
I have no love for the Republican Party whatsoever, but it's our shot at winning this war in the long run. We have to beat the Establishment at their own game. The system is rigged so only Democrats or Republicans have a chance. The Republican Party is the most fertile ground of the two for our message of Liberty, because it caters to the half of the country that doesn't want socialism and prefers smaller government. Sure, it harnesses those people and leads them in the wrong direction. It's up to us to win the hearts and minds of those who are duped into following what the Republican leadership dictates. The only way we're going to win is from the inside, and the only way that's going to happen is to stay involved. It doesn't mean you have to support or vote for McCain. We all know he sucks. Read Sun Tzu's Art of War again. The way we win is from within. The Republican leaders at the local level are much older than the average Ron Paul supporters for the most part. The future of the party is ours for the taking. If we drop out, they win.

"The only way" talk is a trap. We should be much more broad based in order to win. The Republican Party certainly POSTURES as catering to small government, but that doesn't mean it actually caters. Playing the GOP's game is why we keep LOSING. "To travel cross country, would you rather use this tricycle, or that pogo stick?" Our answer should be, "No, stop treating us like children, we're taking the plane. Would you rather pay for our ticket by Visa, or MC?"

Each election the establishment usually offers us a choice between the CFR Dem and a CFR GOP candidate. We will only be 'beating them at their own game' when we rig things so that it's usually a choice between a Ron Paul Republican and a Ron Paul Democrat (and a RP 3rd party choice, etc.). But this new paradigm requires us to think and work outside the one trick pony, GOP loyalist box.

Rhys
04-07-2008, 02:26 PM
The GOP is not going to change because of Ron Paul. You are giving him way too much credit. I like his ideas, more than any other Presidential candidate I've ever supported. But he doesn't have the will nor the overall support to make it happen ... as has been demonstrated in the Primaries and Caucuses.

Ron Paul supporters have been accused of being very arrogant, thus far. And the continued idea of us "taking over the GOP" proves that we really haven't learned our lesson and are simply continuing this arrogant line of thinking.

I re-iterate that the best way to deal with the GOP is to leave them completely, and let their support erode.

Duh. They'll change cause of us. STOP SAYING "THEY". I am one of "THEM". I'm a fucking proud Republican and I fully support the Ron Paul platform.

Deborah K
04-07-2008, 02:32 PM
I've been a registered non-partisan for over 15 years. I registered as a republican to vote for RP, but I am against a party system. I think politicians should run on platforms only. Party systems fall into the collectivist trap.

TruthAtLast
04-07-2008, 03:44 PM
I've been a registered non-partisan for over 15 years. I registered as a republican to vote for RP, but I am against a party system. I think politicians should run on platforms only. Party systems fall into the collectivist trap.

+1

I've been Independent and only registered Rep to vote for Ron Paul.

Soccrmastr
04-07-2008, 03:56 PM
This is ridiculous... thanks for helping us. We're all out there reforming our local GOP platforms and you're fucking resigning. you're no help jerk.

dirknb@hotmail.com
04-07-2008, 03:59 PM
"The only way" talk is a trap. We should be much more broad based in order to win. The Republican Party certainly POSTURES as catering to small government, but that doesn't mean it actually caters. Playing the GOP's game is why we keep LOSING. "To travel cross country, would you rather use this tricycle, or that pogo stick?" Our answer should be, "No, stop treating us like children, we're taking the plane. Would you rather pay for our ticket by Visa, or MC?"

Each election the establishment usually offers us a choice between the CFR Dem and a CFR GOP candidate. We will only be 'beating them at their own game' when we rig things so that it's usually a choice between a Ron Paul Republican and a Ron Paul Democrat (and a RP 3rd party choice, etc.). But this new paradigm requires us to think and work outside the one trick pony, GOP loyalist box.

You didn't read what I wrote. I'm not talking about the party's posturing, I'm talking about the average Republican who is duped by its posturing.

Rhys
04-07-2008, 04:54 PM
You didn't read what I wrote. I'm not talking about the party's posturing, I'm talking about the average Republican who is duped by its posturing.

then weight the average. don't be a dork.

speciallyblend
04-07-2008, 05:34 PM
This is ridiculous... thanks for helping us. We're all out there reforming our local GOP platforms and you're fucking resigning. you're no help jerk.

for spending my money and working with in the corrupt gop . I did my part so, bug off . I did my part ,nothing left to do now in coloradobut to write in ron paul 2008 in general election. I dont have to be republican to vote for ron paul in the general. I might rejoin after the general election but until then i will work with someone other then mccain drones. ill be waiting for ron pauls endorsement of someone,but i cant be a national delegate and our county is overrun with mccain drones,so not much i can do ,jerk. so unless you live in my county ,your talking out your ass. i live in colorado our process is over for me,what part of that dont you get.

speciallyblend
04-07-2008, 05:37 PM
If I had a dollar for every time SB puts up a "I quite the GOP thread", Vern McKinley (http://www.mckinleyforcongress.com/contribute.html) would be a millionaire!

if i had a dollar for everytime the gop(republican party) screwed over ron paul and republicans you would be on food stamps.

I dont have to be republican to write in ron paul(general election),but because of the actions of the gop. I think my campaigning will be against mccain and for someone ron paul endorses ,unless the gop wises up, the gop should feel lucky i even joined their corrupt asses.
instead of being pissed at me ,you should be calling the corrupt gop ,that is what the problem is not me,its the gop. good luck to others across the country that are still fighting. look the reality is we will have 4 more years to attempt to save the gop . I truly hope the republicans nominate ron paul. I have no power to change anything,since im an alternate and there are plenty of ron paul supporters in the game. I hope our state gets them in,but knowing the gop. i think they will elect the non electable mccain,maybe in 4 yrs but right now the gop is truly deaf dumb and blind so be it. I plan on treating the gop in the general election just like they treated ron paul,of course unless they come to their senses,which i highly doubt.

the gop is truly disgusting right now,i hope republicans can save their party(the gop doesnt want me as a member, i can still vote without showing up to these scumbag meetings). There is nothing else i can do as an alternate ,but sit and watch the republican party die with mccain.

My loyalty is to the message not the party. now i know why i was never a republican. after seeing what the gop pulled on ron paul. the republican party looks as worse as the democrats.
I know i can thank Ron Paul for showing me the light both democrats and republican in the party are the problem. My vote goes to the message not the party,

Rhys
04-07-2008, 05:48 PM
if i had a dollar for everytime the gop(republican party) screwed over ron paul and republicans you would be on food stamps.

I dont have to be republican to write in ron paul(general election),but because of the actions of the gop. I think my campaigning will e against mccain and for soneone ron paul endorses ,unless the gop wises up, the gop should feel lucky i even joined their corrupt asses.
instead of being pissed at me ,you should be calling the corrupt gop ,that is what the problem is not me,its the gop. good luck to others across the country that are still fighting. look the reality is we will have 4 more years to attempt to save the gop . I truly hope the republicans nominate ron paul. I have no power to change anything,since im an alternate and there are plenty of ron paul supporters in the game. I hope our state gets them in,but knowing the gop. i think they will elect the non electable mccain,maybe in 4 yrs but right now the gop is truly deaf dumb and blind so be it. I plan on treating the gop in the general election just like they treated ron paul,of course unless they com to their senses,which i highly doubt.

the gop is truly disgusting right now,i hope republicans can save their party. There is nothing elese i can do as an alternate but sit and watch the republican party die with mccain.

you can still phone canvas for Ron Paul 2008 in the 10 remaining undecided primaries.

speciallyblend
04-07-2008, 06:10 PM
you can still phone canvas for Ron Paul 2008 in the 10 remaining undecided primaries.

after i finish my 50-65 hr work week, ill try but highly doubt. I dont have the time. i'm busy trying to pay my debts that i racked up sending my money to ron paul and putting off my debt,but if your willing to pay my salary so i can have time off,then im game. look i put in 100 percent effort for ron paul and the gop basically shit on him. I dont have much faith in the gop. My vote is for ron paul or someone other then mccain. I did my part, anyone angry at me for hating the gop after what they pulled needs to take that anger to the gop. My loyalty is to te essage . the gop lost my loyalty by their treatment of ron paul.

JS4Pat
04-07-2008, 06:14 PM
for spending my money and working with in the corrupt gop . I did my part so, bug off . I did my part ,nothing left to do now in coloradobut to write in ron paul 2008 in general election. I dont have to be republican to vote for ron paul in the general. I might rejoin after the general election but until then i will work with someone other then mccain drones. ill be waiting for ron pauls endorsement of someone,but i cant be a national delegate and our county is overrun with mccain drones,so not much i can do ,jerk. so unless you live in my county ,your talking out your ass. i live in colorado our process is over for me,what part of that dont you get.

Do you know of a better/faster way for our ideas to gain influence than USING the GOP?

If not - then you should help us.

Thomas Paine
04-07-2008, 06:14 PM

You're a gutless coward and a quitter!

speciallyblend
04-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Do you know of a better/faster way for our ideas to gain influence than USING the GOP?

If not - then you should help us.

yes i do ,i think its better to support people outside the party locally. support a libertarian or anyone but a dem or rep. the fact is 3rd parties are growing and more people have voted 3rd party then ever in the last 3 elections ,so YES VOTE FOR ANYONE BUT A REPUBLICAN AKA MCCAIN and your doing better then the gop. the fact is you dont have to win to win and yes my vote for a libertarian or a write in for ron paul; will serve better then wasting it on a gop party that supports mccain. the only reason ron pauls message is making way is because people like me and many others said screw the dems and republicans 12 yrs ago . i became a republican for the message and the gop said screw me.

The only wasted vote is voting for mccain or a dem, thats how i feel.

My vote will support ron paul if he is the republican nominee or outside the republican party or whoever ron paul endorses unless he sells out to thegop which i doubt. if ron paul doesn't run as a independent then my vote will go outside the useless republican party.

speciallyblend
04-07-2008, 06:30 PM
You're a gutless coward and a quitter!

i dont need the republican party . I can votefor someone outside the corrupt gop,but if ron paul wins the nomination . i dont have to be republican to vote for ron paul . the republican party quit not me take your anger to the gop not me;) try yelling at the gop not me thank them. gop is scum

like i said ill treatthe gop ,just like they treated Ron Paul, i didnt quit ,im a alternate delegate and im out of the process now but yes i have no intention of voting republican in the general election,unless the gop nominates RON PAUL.

being a member of the republican party is like banging your head against a brick wall. it gets old after awhile ,the gop had their chance and they are blowing it ,dont blame me,blame the gop and the mccain drones..

lets see i ran radio ads for ron paul i lived and breathed ron paul, i got 3 counties covered with ron paul , i helped get delegates to the state ,yep im a quitter.... I now have 2000 in debt for ron paul ,yep im a quitter. like i said blame the gop ,not me

JS4Pat
04-07-2008, 07:40 PM
yes i do ,i think its better to support people outside the party locally. support a libertarian or anyone but a dem or rep.
Ok - that position is no better than the Republicans who vote Republican just because they believe ANY Republican is better than a Democrat. Using your philosophy I wouldn't have voted for Congressman Ron Paul in the Primary!

the fact is 3rd parties are growing and more people have voted 3rd party then ever in the last 3 elections ,
That is great! And I am all for opening the process up. If there is a better candidate running 3rd Party than for the Republican or Democratic Party - then I will vote for them. That doesn't change the fact that the GOP is a ready made machine - ripe for the takeover.

so YES VOTE FOR ANYONE BUT A REPUBLICAN AKA MCCAIN and your doing better then the gop. the fact is you dont have to win to win and yes my vote for a libertarian or a write in for ron paul; will serve better then wasting it on a gop party that supports mccain.
I think you are confusing this election with our OVERALL STRATEGY. Don't support McCain - support our efforts to use the GOP to give our ideas a chance to gain power.

i became a republican for the message and the gop said screw me.
And now we are building a movement and implementing a strategy that will not allow that to happen in the future. You have to be willing to put in the required time and believe me it will be much less time than going for a "third party" strategy.

The only wasted vote is voting for mccain or a dem, thats how i feel.

Me too.

My vote will support ron paul if he is the republican nominee or outside the republican party or whoever ron paul endorses unless he sells out to the gop which i doubt. if ron paul doesn't run as a independent then my vote will go outside the useless republican party.
You're acting on emotion - rather than being smart and strategic.

Midnight77
04-07-2008, 08:30 PM
This idea of "using" the Republican Party is completely illogical. Nobody is making any headway here, and nor will you ... because the top brass won't let you get anywhere. Only by leaving the Republican Party, and letting it self-destruct on their own, can we make real progress.

The GOP is not going to go back to what it was. There are too many greedy, powerful, and wealthy people that control the interests of the GOP and they are not going to listen to anything that threatens their profits ... which is all they care about. Why does anyone want to be part of an organization like this, especially when fighting them is useless?

Deal with them by leaving them. That is the only real solution.

dvdrink
04-07-2008, 11:18 PM
.. and joined the Libertarian Party, which is already a party that believes in limited government. I figure it'll be easier to start building from the ground up with people who are just as passionate about the same things as I am.

Hearing some buzz about Jesse Ventura going Libertarian and running.. would be great to have a Ventura/Paul ticket.

Rhys
04-07-2008, 11:38 PM
This idea of "using" the Republican Party is completely illogical. Nobody is making any headway here, and nor will you ... because the top brass won't let you get anywhere. Only by leaving the Republican Party, and letting it self-destruct on their own, can we make real progress.

The GOP is not going to go back to what it was. There are too many greedy, powerful, and wealthy people that control the interests of the GOP and they are not going to listen to anything that threatens their profits ... which is all they care about. Why does anyone want to be part of an organization like this, especially when fighting them is useless?

Deal with them by leaving them. That is the only real solution.

we have to start somewhere. why reinvent the wheel. the banks have everything and both parties, probably even the LP. the top party leadership will be us if we build the right kind of movement. there's nothing else to do. we have a republic, lets use it.

JS4Pat
04-08-2008, 07:46 AM
.. and joined the Libertarian Party, which is already a party that believes in limited government. I figure it'll be easier to start building from the ground up with people who are just as passionate about the same things as I am.

Well - one thing is for certain - if we pursue a divided strategy - we are less likely to win.

As difficult as this struggle to use/take over the GOP is - I still believe it will be a faster and more effective strategy than a third party strategy. At least we start on the "inside" - however unwelcome we are. Instead of starting from the "outside".

It's all about numbers and money. If we can produce both within the GOP (which I believe we can) - then in the end we can win.

nc4rp
04-08-2008, 08:11 AM
i agree that third party's are shut out and the only chance is to reform the GoP.

look, my county had 82 delegates out of a possible 192.

look at that number. 116 delegate seats OPEN TO FILL.

the GoP is RIPE for new people. theres seats waiting for us to fill.

3rd parties have been shut out of the process, and theres too many ignorant people who will not get involved to try and build it up without first reforming the process.

peopel have sacrificed alot for this campaign. some have sacrificed everything. weve made headway, dont quit now or all our efforts were for naught.

carry on brother! ill refer you to my previous post in this thread to the definitions of courage, fortitude, mettle, and endurace.

now if Ron Paul says to switch then i would. but Ron's principles are keeping him in teh GoP so even though its loathsome i'll remain until teh movement crumbles or until we restore the GoP to constitutional and conservative principles and values.

Aratus
04-08-2008, 08:11 AM
after i finish my 50-65 hr work week, ill try but highly doubt. I dont have the time. i'm busy trying to pay my debts that i racked up sending my money to ron paul and putting off my debt,but if your willing to pay my salary so i can have time off,then im game. look i put in 100 percent effort for ron paul and the gop basically shit on him. I dont have much faith in the gop. My vote is for ron paul or someone other then mccain. I did my part, anyone angry at me for hating the gop after what they pulled needs to take that anger to the gop. My loyalty is to te essage . the gop lost my loyalty by their treatment of ron paul.

what did the original ARATUS say at valley forge when told just before the
horrid winter that some of the bold patriots just had to go home just to see
that home was still sorta there? valley forge being a winter HQ... the issue
of how to keep troops together until the better weather, who have given
their all. if all leave the camp, the cause fails, if all stay at the camp, some if
not many starve if there are few new victuals. if specialtyblend heeds a breather,
maybe we should understand! by september things may look and feel totally
different! there is also 2012 and the future! Thomas Paine, we need to keep
people here inside the fold without bouncing off of each other in a very negative
way! we also have a complex convention related series of gameplans, as well
a lurkers delight zone when indulging in all as a spectator sport. i feel like an idiot
because i could have voted last february in our primary. thusly i am more on the sidelines
as my own April 5th loomed! i'm still wondering what my lil' district out of our ten CDs did...
can i be too judgemental? other than to try to be encouraging, and to say all is not
totally lost or bleak! give things a timeframe , time find a focus, and then do return to
a degree of participation! its a long winding pathway to november's election, and
despite nader now being on the ballot, its obama and/or ms hillary who seem
equadistant to unseating john mccain from a tacit regal perch! i feel even if he picks up
the nomination, he still has to contend with 1/3 to 1/2 the hall NOT being slavishly drawn
to his viewpoints! nor even shall G.W Bush and his flunkies trying to correograph this convention
even more than MITT ROMNEY did our SALT LAKE CITY OLYMPICS! so go figure!!! we are
at a halfway point! specialtyblend actually wants to be told none of this is a FUTILITY!!!!
insted its an ongoing cause, and ongoing proccess, and we know this! i feel the floor displays
shall be legendary and shall president bush a message that needs to be sent! lets be open minded!!!

Aratus
04-08-2008, 08:22 AM
a dick nixon pitch via a mindframe win this for the george gipp guys in our midst
context sorta does sound like snappy advice, yet its also a bit of a downer... the
guy named george gipp is the guy who was the "gipper" and yes, its a snappy
hollywood line most legendary! its not deep pockets and big money that shall
bring about success in its degrees and shades at the convention, or an improbable
dream, its solid teamwork that shall achieve this! each has their part, i feel!!!
i'm trying to remind people a tv audiance will watch the republican convention, and
what goes on inside the hall is more important than deomstrations outside the hall, now!

Aratus
04-08-2008, 08:23 AM
i'm hoping specialtyblend stays republican officially until late september... hope hope hope hope!

Aratus
04-08-2008, 08:31 AM
ayn rand once slammed reagan hard for his lack of objectivism
and independence of mind, and she did this early on to his presidency.
health~issue wise, reagan had to delegate authority as he recovered
in 1981 to 1982. his lack of memory might have fueled iran contra, and yes,
our current potus's father is all over this. nancy reagan is up where with
woodrow wilson's wife, and ironically had a deeper level of participation
in the decisions for good or ill of the reagan administration than ms. hillary
rodham clinton ever did for "comrade bill" in the 1990s!!! the second half
of reagan's term is thusly the rise of george H.W bush to the presidency.
to the history books he might be thought an in~effectual veep, but don't
kid yourself. it can thusly be argued that both bush POTUSes are neo-con!
the 1980s turns into the rise of the neo-con over the "centrist" and traditional
republican right! the intervention~ism that RECENTLY had me wondering if
current potus bush wanted to invade three or four countries almost simultanoisly
in addition to where we newly have been since september 12th of 2001...

libertarian4321
04-09-2008, 03:54 AM
I will stay in the Republican Party until the national convention on the one in a trillion chance that something strange happens and Ron Paul gets nominated. However, I too don't see much point in hanging around with those people afterward.

The Republican Party is completely dominated by neocons and/or hard core fundies- neither of which is particularly amenable to the ideas of less government and more freedom. The fiscal conservatives/Ron Paul Republicans probably make up 5% of the party, give or take. I don't see how 5% are going to have much influence on brain washed neocons, and there is probably no chance of getting the average Bible thumping fundie to think (and by "think" I don't mean whipping out the Bible to find the "answer" to every question). About the only part of the party that we might be able to influence are the "pro business" type Republicans who don't fit into the other groups, but thats a rather small group, too.

The way I see it, there is essentially no chance of "winning" as a third party guy either. However, I can be a Libertarian and feel good about it, even if we lose. I just don't think I can call myself a Republican without puking into my mouth- I could "fake it" for the conventions, but thats about it.

Its sad, because I was a proud Republican for decades, but the word Republican has come to mean something VILE in my book.

Maybe what the Republicans really need is to see that 5% LEAVE THE PARTY, along with a good ass whipping in November, to get the people who can change the party- the party leaders who lead the sheep, to finally realize that they have a choice of change or die.

Maybe I'll vote for Obama for the good of the Republican Party :)

gracebkr
04-09-2008, 12:01 PM
I am done too. Throw this party out the window and start a new one.