PDA

View Full Version : President Putin? Of Germany? per McInSane

Carole
04-06-2008, 09:33 AM
McInSane has pronounced a new President of Germany!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=36a_1200899945

(Horst Köhler is the President & Angela Merkel the Chancellor)

yongrel
04-06-2008, 09:46 AM
*facepalm*

m72mc
04-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Then he needs a world atlas and a history lesson.

but then he had no idea about who lives in Iran either or nothing about the presidents working group on financial matters.

acptulsa
04-06-2008, 03:05 PM
This news is so old it was part of my signature two signatures ago--and I don't change it that often. Sad, isn't it?

Guy actually makes Dubya look good. I didn't think that was possible.

Vet_from_cali
04-06-2008, 03:10 PM
another great quote by the remarkable Mccain. good jobmccain, good job

Rangeley
04-06-2008, 03:49 PM
I think sticking to policy criticisms is a tad more fair than criticizing what is clearly a mistake in speech.

acptulsa
04-06-2008, 03:52 PM
I think sticking to policy criticisms is a tad more fair than criticizing what is clearly a mistake in speech.

I don't think that's clear at all. It seems clear to me that it was sheer ignorance. Germany has no president, has no Putin and isn't really that easy to confuse with Russia. Especially for someone old enough to remember World War II.

Rangeley
04-06-2008, 04:03 PM
To believe that he really thinks there is a President Putin of Germany, you would also have to believe he thinks that we had the cold war with Germany, as he mentions Putin resorted to "old cold war rhetoric." I don't know about you, but considering it was a summit in Germany, with Putin attending, I think its pretty clear where the mix up came from. Was it shear ignorance when Ron Paul had trouble remembering the name of the Kurds, and simply referred to them as the people in the north of Iraq? Sometimes in public speaking you just mess up.