PDA

View Full Version : PA needs donations for hand out sample ballots at polling stations.

Jason726
04-06-2008, 07:21 AM
I've been recieving emails from the PA coordinator about donations that are needed to make sample ballots with the delegate selections on them. They are to be handed out at polling stations on PA's primary day(4/22) to republicans.

They are asking for $15,000 total and I believe they are up to $3000 at the moment. Any help you guys can give will help and be appreciated. Even if it is $5.

Heres part of the email with a link to donate:

This election cycle has nothing to do with Ron Paul – this is a movement with a task. Our choice is clear: we will proceed to further, ever-more destructive wars that will, logically, ultimately crush this nation and every hope or dream you had for the future or we can continue our effort to restore America to its former grandeur as a nation founded on principals of freedom, peace and prosperity. There is no third way. We may have just one opportunity in our lifetime to make this decision, so let’s not let it slip.

Please send your most generous donation to help fund the sample ballot project. There are two easy ways to pay:

1. Checks may be made out to "Pa Delegates For Liberty" and mailed to 3002 Stoney Creek Road, Norristown, Pa 19401.

2. Go to http://www.cpalpac.com/home/donate.htm , complete the fields and select the "Delegate Slate Cards" from amongst the Earmark options. Once you click Continue, you can pay via PayPal.

The $2,300 FEC donation limit is not applicable to the delegate and alternate races (they are not federal) and your donations do not count toward Ron’s campaign.

I will leave you with a poem that Yeats penned in 1891:

A Dream of Death

I Dreamed that one had died in a strange place
Near no accustomed hand;
And they had nailed down the boards above her face,
The peasants of that land,
Wondering to lay her in that solitude,
And raised above her mound
A cross they had made out of two bits of wood,
And planted cypress round;
And left her to the indifferent stars above
Until I carved these words:
She was more beautiful than thy first love,
But now lies under boards.

That was first published in a collection titled The Rose. Yeats could have been foreshadowing the demise of America, your home. We cannot let it happen.

I am very grateful for your support of Ron’s agenda for America.

Bill Faust
Pennsylvania Field Director
Ron Paul 2008

ronpaulhawaii
04-06-2008, 07:28 AM
Confirmation Number: 1ST6280199809871EPlaced on Apr. 6, 2008PurposeDonation
amountCentral Pennsylvania Liberty PAC$20.08 USDTotal Amount:$20.08 USD

Jason726
04-06-2008, 07:42 AM
You rock!

EDIT: Sorry for the error in the thread title.

ronpaulhawaii
04-06-2008, 08:12 AM
RPGR rocks! :D

Keep Up the Good Work

:)

and I fixed the title...

Jason726
04-06-2008, 09:10 AM
bump...

Jason726
04-06-2008, 01:23 PM
bump

TruthAtLast
04-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding. It costs $15,000 for sample ballots? I'm not sure what the purpose is or why the expense is so high. Is it so they know who to vote for? Why do they need 15k?

I searched on the site and there is no information on it.

Jason726
04-06-2008, 01:54 PM
I believe this was only sent to HQs PA email list, so there probably isn't any info on the main site. As far as the 15,000 , that's what they said . Here's a quote from the original email

"All funds will be used solely to pay for the sample ballots project. The total funding required is $15,000. We will send a further email indicating when the goal has been met.

Time is of the essence in this matter as April 22nd is fast approaching"

Jason726
04-06-2008, 01:54 PM
PA is a large state, lots of people, so I don;t see that being that high. I'm sure they want them to look professional.

Jason726
04-07-2008, 08:19 AM
bump