PDA

View Full Version : Bob Barr: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGH!

wgadget
04-06-2008, 05:49 AM
Early this morning, when I was only half awake, there came across the radio waves the voice of Bob Barr. He was saying that none of the THREE MAJOR CANDIDATES in the TWO MAJOR PARTIES are conservatives. Or something to that effect.

Anybody else hear that snub?

MozoVote
04-06-2008, 05:55 AM
It's casual politics, no big deal. It's not like he called out Paul specifically and criticized him over something.

Conza88
04-06-2008, 06:14 AM
It's casual politics, no big deal. It's not like he called out Paul specifically and criticized him over something.

Nah F--K that! If you deny Ron Paul's existence, be it on air to 20million people, or to 2 people who live next door.

I'm going to deny their existence.

He can go blow himself for all I care.

Truth Warrior
04-06-2008, 06:38 AM
Sorry, but it seems to me, at this point, it's pretty tough to make the case that Ron is a MAJOR CANDIDATE. :(

Conza88
04-06-2008, 06:43 AM
Sorry, but it seems to me, at this point, it's pretty tough to make the case that Ron is a MAJOR CANDIDATE. :(

If he was, he wouldn't be Ron Paul.

Who CHOOSES or represents who is a Major Candidate?
- THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA, fken period.

If he was a Major Candidate - ACCORDING TO THEM. It'd be because he'd SOLD HIS SOUL...

FFS - what are you on? wake the f--k up, how god damn long have you been in this movement? A damn long time by the looks of it. Get some, and keep that PERSPECTIVE!!!!

The delegates choose whose the nominee. NOT the media! The rest can all burn in hell.

Truth Warrior
04-06-2008, 06:56 AM

If he was a Major Candidate - ACCORDING TO THEM. It'd be because he'd SOLD HIS SOUL...

FFS - what are you on? wake the f--k up, how god damn long have you been in this movement? A damn long time by the looks of it. Get some, and keep that PERSPECTIVE!!!!

The delegates choose whose the nominee. NOT the media! The rest can all burn in hell.
Chill dude, I ain't the enemy! Selling one's soul DOES seem to be a limiting necessary requirement.<IMHO> Sometimes reality can be a real bitch.

How many delegates does Ron have all locked up? Does anyone really know for sure?

Conza88
04-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Chill dude, I ain't the enemy! Selling one's soul DOES seem to be a limiting necessary requirement.<IMHO> Sometimes reality can be a real bitch.

How many delegates does Ron have all locked up? Does anyone really know for sure?

Yea, I tend to rant in personal text - but I'm really not directing any of my 'hate' towards the poster, just at the world in general and (those that actually deserve it). :)

How many delegates does Ron have all locked up? = MORE than the LameStreamMedia gives him credit for, thats for sure.

Carole
04-06-2008, 07:54 AM
From what I have read about Mr. Barr, there is no way I could vote for him due to his questionable ethics and questionable morality.

He pales beside Ron Paul.

I seriously doubt that Barr gets the nomination. There must be someone better.

m72mc
04-06-2008, 08:07 AM
From what I have read about Mr. Barr, there is no way I could vote for him due to his questionable ethics and questionable morality.

He pales beside Ron Paul.

I seriously doubt that Barr gets the nomination. There must be someone better.

I like jesse ventura. He is not perfect, but well he seems honest...someone needs to educate him about the global warming scam though..but he´s a good speaker
I´m actually quite impressed after he was on cnn..he said he would like to run indy..but lacks ballot access...I think he would be best..

LibertyIn08
04-06-2008, 08:59 AM
I like jesse ventura. He is not perfect, but well he seems honest...someone needs to educate him about the global warming scam though..but he´s a good speaker
I´m actually quite impressed after he was on cnn..he said he would like to run indy..but lacks ballot access...I think he would be best..

You can still encourage the market (not legislate) to reduce emissions and not believe in global warming.

rockandrollsouls
04-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Nah F--K that! If you deny Ron Paul's existence, be it on air to 20million people, or to 2 people who live next door.

I'm going to deny their existence.

Uh, have you even heard him introduce Paul at points in time? He holds the man in high esteem. Just the way he speaks of him is evidence.

m72mc
04-06-2008, 09:03 AM
You can still encourage the market (not legislate) to reduce emissions and not believe in global warming.

yeah, it´s just the carbon tax that´s bad. I am all for the environment, but then you should encourage or tax the things that pollute and not something like co2, that is not toxic but in fact needed.

Anyway he impressed me on the cnn interview.

speciallyblend
04-06-2008, 09:12 AM
bob barr is running as a libertarian not the republican party. His job is to minimize the republican party, though he doesnt have to, the republican party is doing a dam good job themselves;)

As a Republican ,i have nothing good to say about the republican party either. thank the gop,treat the gop and mccain like they treated ron paul;)

FireofLiberty
04-06-2008, 09:20 AM
If you're running for President you don't give props or even attention to a guy still in the race.

Aratus
04-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Howard Dean was a major candidate until he went "Aaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggg" in 2004!!!

rockandrollsouls
04-06-2008, 09:37 AM
pretty ridiculous how something like that can override any credentials you have

orlandoinfl
04-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Bob Barr can stick it, Gravel can stick it.

Ron Paul is going to St.Paul and we Patriots need to be there.

tajitj
04-06-2008, 10:18 AM
He is not going to go around mentioning Dr. Paul because it is political suicide. He is his own man. Should he go pander to us. This is politics, he wants to run for the Libertarian party, so he has to talk trash on the big two.

0zzy
04-06-2008, 10:42 AM
1) Ron Paul is not a major candidate. Major means winning at least one state, we haven't done that. Blame the MSM all you want, the campaign was just as bad.

2) Bob Barr should not say "only Ron Paul has it right". He is thinking about running for president, he should not give attention to someone who isn't mathematically in the race. You should be happy he calls the other 3 major candidates, which means he recognizes the existence of Paul as a candidate.

3) I have yet to see any criticism that is valid in my eyes. "Once in the agency, always in the agency (CIA)" (give me a break), "Drug War" (he's states rights now), "neocon" (no bases whatsoever), etc. I am more worried about his 3 marriages / 2(3?) divorces.

4) Bob Barr has more connections than any other candidate, more access to a professional campaign staff than any other candidate, actually knows what he is talking about (Root doesn't), and is very articulate. He'd be the best choice for the LP.

phuqig_hotband
04-06-2008, 10:45 AM

Insanity much?

m72mc
04-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Just make a bob barr forum for those that are interested.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-06-2008, 12:15 PM

All you do is make negative comments. What is your problem? You know why he's not considered "major." Mainstream media. We both know that they anoint their winners, let's not fool ourselves here. They are apart of machine that is quite frankly unamerican, akin to the communist infiltration during the Cold War years. I think they should all be rounded up and formally charged with treason. Then we should eliminate the FCC and let the free market run tv and radio.

New York For Paul
04-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Not very smart politically speaking to ignore those voters who are most likely to support him. By dissing Ron Paul and Ron Paul supporters, he just lost himself some votes.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Not very smart politically speaking to ignore those voters who are most likely to support him. By dissing Ron Paul and Ron Paul supporters, he just lost himself some votes.

I bet he's hearing it via email lol

Truth Warrior
04-06-2008, 12:40 PM
All you do is make negative comments. What is your problem? You know why he's not considered "major." Mainstream media. We both know that they anoint their winners, let's not fool ourselves here. They are apart of machine that is quite frankly unamerican, akin to the communist infiltration during the Cold War years. I think they should all be rounded up and formally charged with treason. Then we should eliminate the FCC and let the free market run tv and radio.
Sorry guy, just reality. Too bad you see that as negative. Sometimes reality just IS negative. Are you just another one of starry-eyed, goofy looking rose colored glasses wearing optimists? If so, you have my sincere condolences. BTW, the world's optimists account for and are responsible for most of the human caused crap and misery in this world, just in case you hadn't noticed yet.

Change the MSM? Dream on! Let me guess here, you're just another one of those folks who always thinks it's ALWAYS someone else's fault. Correct?

It's probably way past time for you too, to WAKE UP, GROW UP and GET REAL!

Have a good day! :)

amy31416
04-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Just make a bob barr forum for those that are interested.

Why don't threads about him just go into the "other candidates" subforum?

Gadsden Flag
04-06-2008, 12:50 PM
I don't understand why people go bonkers whenever someone says 'three major candidates'.

Is Ron Paul, who didn't win a single primary really a 'major candidate'?

Truth Warrior
04-06-2008, 12:58 PM
I don't understand why people go bonkers whenever someone says 'three major candidates'.

Is Ron Paul, who didn't win a single primary really a 'major candidate'?
Well, Ron DID manage to win his Texas congressional seat primary. YAY! :) But to answer your question, no he is not really a "major candidate" for POTUS.<IMHO>

New York For Paul
04-06-2008, 01:33 PM
He is a major candidate to his supporters. And this a Bob Barr prime constituency group, you would think he would be more politically sensitive. Especially if he is trying to these voters to back him.

Kotin
04-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Bob Barr can stick it, Gravel can stick it.

Ron Paul is going to St.Paul and we Patriots need to be there.

and the truth comes out.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Sorry guy, just reality. Too bad you see that as negative. Sometimes reality just IS negative. Are you just another one of starry-eyed, goofy looking rose colored glasses wearing optimists? If so, you have my sincere condolences. BTW, the world's optimists account for and are responsible for most of the human caused crap and misery in this world, just in case you hadn't noticed yet.

Change the MSM? Dream on! Let me guess here, you're just another one of those folks who always thinks it's ALWAYS someone else's fault. Correct?

It's probably way past time for you too, to WAKE UP, GROW UP and GET REAL!

Have a good day! :)

Better than making useless posts like you normally do.

Truth Warrior
04-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Better than making useless posts like you normally do.
Apologies for wasting your time and brain cell.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/profile.php?do=editlist Be my guest! :D

Chester Copperpot
04-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Early this morning, when I was only half awake, there came across the radio waves the voice of Bob Barr. He was saying that none of the THREE MAJOR CANDIDATES in the TWO MAJOR PARTIES are conservatives. Or something to that effect.

Anybody else hear that snub?

I didnt take it as a snub.. He and Paul Im sure are quite cordial with each other.

Cmon give Barr a break after eating that cheese in the Borat Movie!

0zzy
04-06-2008, 03:36 PM
I didnt take it as a snub.. He and Paul Im sure are quite cordial with each other.

Cmon give Barr a break after eating that cheese in the Borat Movie!

rofl.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Apologies for wasting your time and brain cell.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/profile.php?do=editlist Be my guest! :D

Thank you, TRUTHER warrior. ;)

Truth Warrior
04-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Thank you, TRUTHER warrior. ;)
You're more than welcome. ;)

Jay778x
04-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Barr knows that RP supporters would favor him over the other 3 candidates. He doesn't need to kill his campaign by associating himself any further with Ron paul publicly... the media would give him the same treatment Ron got.

Conza88
04-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Insanity much?

Haha. :D I'm probably the most level headed, calm, cool and collected guy you've ever met in real life.

The only weakness I have, is when facing ignorance. I tend to overload, and blow my top.

Still searching for a way to get zen, like Ron Paul.. in the face of so much blinding ignorance. Cus the very important point of politics is too never look or get angry.

Troll much?

m72mc
04-06-2008, 07:58 PM
This topic still in Ron Paul grassroots section ? I´m slightly surpriced...they are usually pretty fast to move things around..

Jeremy
04-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Ron Paul isn't a frontrunner. Why would you deny that?

0zzy
04-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Ron Paul isn't a frontrunner. Why would you deny that?

They're delusional and somehow think we can beat McCain even if McCain doesn't drop out (Romney simply "suspended" his campaign so he'd still have more delegates than us if he unsuspended it.)

JMann
04-07-2008, 11:57 AM

The voters. I'll refresh your memory but the doctor got his ass handed to him in primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary...

Just in case you have missed election results over the last four months.

wowabunga
04-07-2008, 12:13 PM

Many of the politicans we have to vote for have no class or style. The wonderful thing about Ron Paul is how he takes his time and choses his words. That is why I so support Ron Paul.

Shink
04-07-2008, 12:27 PM
I continue to be less and less impressed with Bob Barr the more I hear about him. Even if Ron dropped and endorsed Barr, I'd have to see some truly impressive credentials, and still, I'd probably just write in Ron.

TruthAtLast
04-07-2008, 12:42 PM
1) Ron Paul is not a major candidate. Major means winning at least one state, we haven't done that. Blame the MSM all you want, the campaign was just as bad.

2) Bob Barr should not say "only Ron Paul has it right". He is thinking about running for president, he should not give attention to someone who isn't mathematically in the race. You should be happy he calls the other 3 major candidates, which means he recognizes the existence of Paul as a candidate.

3) I have yet to see any criticism that is valid in my eyes. "Once in the agency, always in the agency (CIA)" (give me a break), "Drug War" (he's states rights now), "neocon" (no bases whatsoever), etc. I am more worried about his 3 marriages / 2(3?) divorces.

4) Bob Barr has more connections than any other candidate, more access to a professional campaign staff than any other candidate, actually knows what he is talking about (Root doesn't), and is very articulate. He'd be the best choice for the LP.

+1

TruthAtLast
04-07-2008, 12:43 PM
I continue to be less and less impressed with Bob Barr the more I hear about him. Even if Ron dropped and endorsed Barr, I'd have to see some truly impressive credentials, and still, I'd probably just write in Ron.

few states even allow write-ins so that doesn't work for everyone unfortunately.

BenMuldowney
04-07-2008, 02:28 PM
The voters. I'll refresh your memory but the doctor got his ass handed to him in primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary after primary...

Just in case you have missed election results over the last four months.

i hear the Fred Thompson forum calling for JMann... i think they want you back.

Johncjackson
04-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Chill out. bob Barr has certainly discussed this with Ron Paul. Ron Paul is no longer considered a major candidate and will not be on the general ballot.

Barr is ONLY running because Ron Paul will not be a candidate. Had Paul won the GOP or accepted the LP or other 3rd party/Ind. nom, then Barr would not be running. And most of the people who encouraged Barr to run are Ron Paul supporters.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Chill out. bob Barr has certainly discussed this with Ron Paul. Ron Paul is no longer considered a major candidate and will not be on the general ballot.

Barr is ONLY running because Ron Paul will not be a candidate. Had Paul won the GOP or accepted the LP or other 3rd party/Ind. nom, then Barr would not be running. And most of the people who encouraged Barr to run are Ron Paul supporters.

Are you a psychic?

Lovecraftian4Paul
04-07-2008, 05:53 PM

Actually, I'm not yet 100% convinced that Bob Barr isn't some sort of place holder. What if he's there to provide Ron Paul one last avenue to a third party run after the convention? Of course, that isn't saying he won't run himself if Ron Paul isn't on the ticket somewhere. But still, we know there was at least one closed door meeting between the two men in early March, presumably discussing third party affairs.

The ideal position would be Ron Paul continuing to the convention, making a big speech and raising hell with the delegates, and then walking out the next week. Bob Barr could step down into the VP position, and he would be given 50 state ballot access through the Libertarian and maybe Constitution Parties, allowing him to mount the most successful third party campaign in recent history.

It's also not out of the question Ron Paul might try to get on as a VP candidate under Barr after the convention. Let's see what happens.