PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Groups to Tap Into?

wgadget
08-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Hey,

I was thinking the other day that we could probably cull a lot of people who may currently be non-voters, democrats or independents by tapping certain special interest groups, and getting them to think about supporting Ron Paul.

Namely, the groups I thought about were Smokers' Rights groups, Chiropractors/other alternative medicine, vegetarians, Harley riders....You know, the kind of people that go a little against the grain, but are truly freedom-loving in a strict sense.

Does anyone think this is a good way to target the campaign. I guess I'm thinking about contacting them via the internet, e.g. Craigslist, their own forums, etc.

Am I crazy?

Santana28
08-20-2007, 12:15 PM
well, it might be a little controversial - but i think if we can withstand the political blowback it will bring, it is going to be a great source of previously uncounted voters.

in fact, i'm pretty sure Ron Paul already has an underground support group growing in a lot of these groups - but its probably for the better that it isn't well advertised.

the anti-globalist anti-WTO anarchists seem to organize pretty well. Anybody have any ins there? I was in Seattle in 99 right before the riots broke out... those people. I wonder who they are siding with this election.... hopefully not Nader again or something!

Bradley in DC
08-20-2007, 12:18 PM
I can't speak to your mental sanity;) , but those are good ideas. :)