PDA

View Full Version : Showing Democrats the way

Nihilist23
08-20-2007, 11:58 AM
I think we would help our cause a lot if we could find effective ways of exposing current Democrat supporters to Ron Paul...Barack Obama has a lot of support right now and I don't think his supporters realize this guy is a fraud, and that there is a better candidate out there.

angelatc
08-20-2007, 12:01 PM
The thing I try to point out to Obama supporters is in regard to the war. His statements about nuking Iran and invading Pakistan, coupled with his desire to increase troop strength all seem to give his supporters pause, especially when I conclude that I am afraid he will institute the draft.

SWATH
08-20-2007, 12:06 PM
I agree, I overheard some extremely intelligent (and yet Democrats) colleagues of mine discussing the issue of; "Is America enlightened enough to elect Obama?" Of course, I couldn't let it pass, so I dropped the Ron Paul bomb. To my surprise these "politically savvy" doctors had never even heard of him. Then another guy who had heard of him said, "he would cut research funding". The response was, "well, then forget him". I said "because it is unconstitutional, you will just have to look him up, you owe it to yourselves, do not let the media pick your candidates for you." They said "ok, but I gotta tell ya, if he is against research funding then I won't support him", I said "fine, just look him up"

Brasil Branco
08-20-2007, 12:12 PM
Let's not resort to name calling, I don't think Obama is a "fraud", he's just a bit naive in some of his views and quite inexperienced, but he's a very "cosmopolitan" canidate- he generates support worldwide. Though, I think he won't get the ticket anyway- too many democrats hoping for Bil- I mean Hilary Clinton. :)