04-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Penn & Teller Burn a Flag in the White House

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NymRecFWgAs

yongrel
04-05-2008, 10:48 PM
I love the West Wing. LOVE!

Kalifornia
04-05-2008, 10:51 PM
depending on the day, I either want to buy Penn a beer or throttle him.

Kludge
04-05-2008, 11:58 PM
Old.... Still very cool!

"Bullshit!" is near-required viewing for libertarians who don't feel like combing through Miss Rand's 1000+ page epic. But.... You'll be a better person if you read Miss Rand ;)

ClayTrainor
04-06-2008, 09:46 AM
haha, never seen that before...r eally cool.

Penn is a smart dude but, i dont get why he bought into all that RP racism stuff...

the media's hold on peoples minds is really really fuckin strong.

yongrel
04-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Old.... Still very cool!

"Bullshit!" is near-required viewing for libertarians who don't feel like combing through Miss Rand's 1000+ page epic. But.... You'll be a better person if you read Miss Rand ;)

Well, you're an asshole for about a month after you read Atlas Shrugged. But after that, you're good to go.

tekrunner
04-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Well, you're an asshole for about a month after you read Atlas Shrugged. But after that, you're good to go.

Care to elaborate how it makes you an asshole for awhile? I've got my guesses.

yongrel
04-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Care to elaborate how it makes you an asshole for awhile? I've got my guesses.

Mind you this is totally anecdotal, but... I've witnessed perhaps a dozen people read Atlas Shrugged over the years, and the effects have been nearly identical. The reader embraces the philosophy of objectivism wholeheartedly, and proceeds to apply it to every single facet of their life. Including who sits where at the breakfast table, resteraunt orders, etc.

I myself became intolerably individualistic for about two weeks,

Kludge
04-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Mind you this is totally anecdotal, but... I've witnessed perhaps a dozen people read Atlas Shrugged over the years, and the effects have been nearly identical. The reader embraces the philosophy of objectivism wholeheartedly, and proceeds to apply it to every single facet of their life. Including who sits where at the breakfast table, resteraunt orders, etc.

I myself became intolerably individualistic for about two weeks,

Hmmm... I'll have to go thru my old posts and see if that happened... I thought scoring a 148/160 on the libertarian purity test was abrasive enough. I do recall posting a number of... bold comments around the time I was reading it the second time through.