PDA

View Full Version : Sheehan gives props to Ron Paul

AJ Antimony
04-05-2008, 10:27 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wIodAB3tiJY

Sorry this is a few weeks old. In this speech Congressional candidate Cindy Sheehan calls Paul "the only true conservative" in Washington and gives him credit for his ability to stand against the war and for realizing it's "bankrupting our treasury."

The Ron Paul stuff is all in the beginning then she gets into the war, her son, and the fraud foreign policy of Barack Obama.

Ron Paul winning the Presidency in 2008 would send a message to the world elite that Americans are SICK AND TIRED of being lied to and controlled.

However the odds of Paul winning the general election are extraordinarily slim right now. So, on top of working for a Ron Paul presidency, let's shoot for what would be another unprecedented political upset--an Independent defeating the Speaker of the House.

Some on these boards criticize Sheehan for being too liberal and instead suggest getting a Ron Paul Republican to challenge Pelosi in her San Francisco district. Ladies and gentlemen, one of the problems with sponsoring RP Republicans to challenge Congressmen like Pelosi is that most Congressional candidates have very little name recognition outside of their district. Hell, they probably don't even have much name recognition in their district. The thing about Sheehan is that she has national name recognition from appearing as stories and in person on many MSM shows. Lawson or Sabrin can't say that.

Even though Sheehan is not a Ron Paul Republican, her independent, anti-war, anti-neocon stance is worth supporting, especially with the message it would send if she removes the failure Speaker of the House.

I can't wait to see some polls to see how she's doing.

Give me liberty
04-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Thats very nice of her to say something nice about ron paul :)

HollyforRP
04-06-2008, 03:37 AM
I like Sheehan. I don't see what the big fuss is about.

smartguy911
04-06-2008, 04:03 AM
I like Sheehan. I don't see what the big fuss is about.

i think you can thank Bill Oreilly and the media for that.

sratiug
04-06-2008, 05:27 AM
Nice! I hope she wins.

allyinoh
04-06-2008, 05:30 AM
Great... just what we needed.

hypnagogue
04-06-2008, 05:34 AM
Her constant on-the-verge-of-tears demeanor wears me out, but I suspect I'd still vote for her over the candidates presented by the entrenched parties.

liberteebell
04-06-2008, 06:08 AM
obomba...LOL!

I already have a great deal of respect for Cindy; I'm not quite the pacifist she seems to be but I can most certainly understand why she feels that way having lost her son---I can't imagine losing one of my children and I doubt anyone ever recovers from such a loss.

Her credibility just went up a notch with me because of the fact that she publicly recognized the TRUE anti-war candidate and spoke about obama's fraud rather than just spewing the democrat party line.

She may not be a Ron Paul republican (now) but she obviously has spent enough time to understand who actually stands for what so she probably has a lot of respect for Ron Paul. He's a great teacher; I know lots of people who were former self-described "flaming liberals" and are now hard-core Ron Paul republicans.

And besides, she's not part of the Ruling Elite. Anyone who can help defund the Leviathan is a step in the right direction. I hope she kicks pelosi's a$$!

bucfish
04-06-2008, 07:00 AM
Hope such org's as Moveon get behind her. Would be nice to see the Evil Pelosi defeated. I still get chills whenever I see that picture of Bush over Pelosi. Looks like the Devil and his Devilette.

AJ Antimony
04-06-2008, 12:18 PM
obomba...LOL!

I already have a great deal of respect for Cindy; I'm not quite the pacifist she seems to be but I can most certainly understand why she feels that way having lost her son---I can't imagine losing one of my children and I doubt anyone ever recovers from such a loss.

Her credibility just went up a notch with me because of the fact that she publicly recognized the TRUE anti-war candidate and spoke about obama's fraud rather than just spewing the democrat party line.

She may not be a Ron Paul republican (now) but she obviously has spent enough time to understand who actually stands for what so she probably has a lot of respect for Ron Paul. He's a great teacher; I know lots of people who were former self-described "flaming liberals" and are now hard-core Ron Paul republicans.

And besides, she's not part of the Ruling Elite. Anyone who can help defund the Leviathan is a step in the right direction. I hope she kicks pelosi's a$$!

I was surprised to hear her say the war is bankrupting our treasury. I've never heard her say that before so you never know, she might be starting to open up to Paul's fiscal and monetary policies.

RP Grassroots should really be thinking of supporting her if she has any sort of chance of beating Pelosi. Again, we need some poll numbers to see where she *actually* is at right now.

ItsTime
04-06-2008, 12:30 PM
I agree. Time to build a big tent.

I was surprised to hear her say the war is bankrupting our treasury. I've never heard her say that before so you never know, she might be starting to open up to Paul's fiscal and monetary policies.

RP Grassroots should really be thinking of supporting her if she has any sort of chance of beating Pelosi. Again, we need some poll numbers to see where she *actually* is at right now.

liberteebell
04-06-2008, 12:32 PM

Understanding the fiscal and monetary policy and the house of cards that it is is the key to just about everything else.

Battlecruiser
04-06-2008, 01:28 PM
We need to help her out. I have always had respect for her. We need to make sure Pelosi gets out. We need more people willing to impeach Bush and Cheney, and those who aren't willing to do so should be lose their seat.

AJ Antimony
04-06-2008, 05:16 PM
We need to help her out. I have always had respect for her. We need to make sure Pelosi gets out. We need more people willing to impeach Bush and Cheney, and those who aren't willing to do so should be lose their seat.

QFT

AJ Antimony
04-07-2008, 01:55 PM
bump!

MRoCkEd
05-31-2008, 02:17 PM
http://www.cindyforcongress.org/
Looks like the election is june 3rd

dude58677
05-31-2008, 02:55 PM
Is Cindy Sheehan going to be speaking at the Republican Natonal Convention(outside the convention center)?

fletcher
05-31-2008, 04:26 PM
I not going to support someone just because they are anti-war. I do not care for Sheehan or her politics at all. I would never vote for her or support her.

AJ Antimony
05-31-2008, 05:14 PM
I not going to support someone just because they are anti-war. I do not care for Sheehan or her politics at all. I would never vote for her or support her.

Then you better not complain about the shit representatives we have now!

fr33domfightr
05-31-2008, 06:21 PM
I can't understand "flaming liberals" converting to Ron Paul supporters. They seem like totally opposite.

Sheehan seems like a 1 issue person, anti-war, because she lost her son. Being upset about that is totally understandable, but it was "his" decision to volunteer. He wanted to serve!

In the end, she may find that she believes in the true conservative message. Maybe by her running for an elected office she'll get more people thinking about what the current political parties really stand for.

FF

satchelmcqueen
05-31-2008, 10:41 PM
other than being against the war, and what happened to her son, i dont know much more about her, but unless i find she stands for unconstitutional things, i hope she beats Rice.

AJ Antimony
06-01-2008, 12:34 AM
other than being against the war, and what happened to her son, i dont know much more about her, but unless i find she stands for unconstitutional things, i hope she beats Rice.

Pelosi, yes.

In 2008, an anti-war stance is enough.

I say vote her in, let her help end the war immediately, then go from there. If she wants to keep her seat, she will educate herself about other issues. If not, the people can elect a new Representative.

Ah, democratic theory at its finest.

fletcher
06-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Then you better not complain about the shit representatives we have now!

I can't complain about shitty representatives because I won't support some anti-war liberal that would make a shitty representative? :confused: Sorry, if you support a would be shitty representative, regardless of the moron they are running against, YOU better not complain. I'll only support candidates of quality, which gives me the right to complain about the scum.

AJ Antimony
06-01-2008, 01:08 PM
I can't complain about shitty representatives because I won't support some anti-war liberal that would make a shitty representative? :confused: Sorry, if you support a would be shitty representative, regardless of the moron they are running against, YOU better not complain. I'll only support candidates of quality, which gives me the right to complain about the scum.

Republicans controlled Congress and didn't end the war. They were tossed out and replaced by Democrats and they too have not done anything to end the war. If you want to end the war, then you better vote for a candidate who will actually end the war!

Congress will NEVER be 100% Ron Paul Republicans, so for those other seats they better be filled with honest and truthful people like Sheehan, rather than tools like Pelosi.

fletcher
06-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Republicans controlled Congress and didn't end the war. They were tossed out and replaced by Democrats and they too have not done anything to end the war. If you want to end the war, then you better vote for a candidate who will actually end the war!

Congress will NEVER be 100% Ron Paul Republicans, so for those other seats they better be filled with honest and truthful people like Sheehan, rather than tools like Pelosi.

Sorry, they need support more than just ending the war, like, I don't know, THE CONSTITUTION and LIMITED GOVERNMENT. Just because Congress will never be pure Ron Paul Republicans doesn't mean we should support those that aren't.

And in addition to Sheehan's horrible politics she seems to be a bad person that used her sons death for person gain. I have no horse in that race.

UtahApocalypse
06-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Cindy is a women of her own actions and thoughts. She is not swayed by party lines but only her own reasons. I may not always agree with some of her thoughts, but I admit I must respect someone who thinks for themselves.