PDA

View Full Version : RonPaulsAcrossAmerica.com

SwordOfShannarah
08-20-2007, 11:56 AM
http://www.RonPaulsAcrossAmerica.com

This site is now live and ready to go. If anyone knows of any other candidates please submit them to the site.

AMack
08-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Very cool. This one is getting bookmarked. We need a libertarian here in MA...

Spirit of '76
08-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Nice looking site. I was going to suggest Brent Sanders and T. Lee Horne, but I see they're already on there.

Just out of curiosity, why does your site ask my browser to establish connections with various academic servers, including Stanford and UC Berkeley?

torchbearer
08-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Looks great!!!! I hope to get some more content emailed to you soon!

SwordOfShannarah
08-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Nice looking site. I was going to suggest Brent Sanders and T. Lee Horne, but I see they're already on there.

Just out of curiosity, why does your site ask my browser to establish connections with various academic servers, including Stanford and UC Berkeley?

Thanks on the site. This is hosted at Wordpress.com so whatever errors/etc you are seeing must be something to do with your computer. It can't be coming from this site or else it would happen with all wordpress sites.

You might want to have your computer checked. I've spoken with some of the candidates and none of them have had any problems like that.

SwordOfShannarah
08-20-2007, 02:13 PM
This kind of thing really bothers me (tech problems). Lets be thorough-

is anyone else running into this type of error / alert message?

Spirit of '76
08-20-2007, 04:48 PM
I run a type of firewall (for Macs) called "Little Snitch". It alerts me to all outgoing connections and gives me the opportunity to allow or disallow them.

When I just now visited your site, it tried to connect to the following servers:

planetlab2.mnl.cs.sunysb.edu on TCP port 8080
planetlab-7.cs.princeton.edu on TCP port 8080
pl1.cs.utk.edu on TCP port 8080

These are not the same servers I was getting before. Earlier, it was trying to connect to servers at Stanford and Princeton, but I disallowed those. It gives up after trying to reach three different servers. The site seems to function normally even if I disallow the outgoing connections.

I don't get this on any other wordpress site.

Spirit of '76
08-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Ah! Interesting...

It's the picture of T. Lee Horne that does it. :confused:

I noticed that his pic hadn't loaded, so I right-clicked and told it to open the image. Little Snitch then popped up and warned me about outgoing connections to:

lefthand.eecs.harvard.edu on TCP port 8080
planetlab6.csail.mit.edu on TCP port 8080

I denied them, and the picture didn't load.

SwordOfShannarah
08-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Ah! Interesting...

It's the picture of T. Lee Horne that does it. :confused:

I noticed that his pic hadn't loaded, so I right-clicked and told it to open the image. Little Snitch then popped up and warned me about outgoing connections to:

lefthand.eecs.harvard.edu on TCP port 8080
planetlab6.csail.mit.edu on TCP port 8080

I denied them, and the picture didn't load.

aha! ok thanks for the info. Yes I'm referencing his picture off of his website site (not on mine). I haven't figured out where I can upload pics yet so I just do that instead.

Whew!! You scared me for a second. Guess I was wrong about your computer. Sorry bout that. :o

SwordOfShannarah
08-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Looks great!!!! I hope to get some more content emailed to you soon!

BTW I forgot to mention that this website was inspired by Torchbearers previous thread asking if anyone knew of any other "Ron Pauls Across America". He gave me permission to use his catch phrase for this site.

Thank you TORCH!!

gravesdav
08-20-2007, 06:05 PM
I don't see Terbolizard on the site.

SwordOfShannarah
08-20-2007, 06:36 PM
I don't see Terbolizard on the site.

I've actually got him on my list and I think up to 3 other candidates to add. I'll try to get them on there tonight if possible. Got a long to-do list right now (with some other work) but I will get to it.. :cool:

Spirit of '76
08-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Imageshack.us is a fairly reliable image host.

Keep up the good work.

torchbearer
08-20-2007, 07:36 PM
Man, if we could get more people like ron paul in congress along with his presidential victory, we may be able to get this country back on track!

Spirit of '76
09-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Man, if we could get more people like ron paul in congress along with his presidential victory, we may be able to get this country back on track!

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=162715#post162715

EvilEngineer
09-04-2007, 05:10 PM
I think we really need to start a party that follows Dr. Paul's and the founders ideas more, and I don't think using a current party defines this correctly.

Ideas:

The Founders Party
The Paul Party