PDA

View Full Version : Look at this crap - we are fighting the GOP itself..

PeacePlan
04-05-2008, 06:51 PM
http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread.php?t=254082

acroso
04-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Can still bring paul signs and boo.

nate895
04-05-2008, 07:13 PM
That is against rules. It is called "ex post facto" and I would take it to the courts.

scandinaviany3
04-05-2008, 07:16 PM
surprised people wouldnt try to unbind and vote against

nc4rp
04-05-2008, 07:19 PM
so what will they do if all 3 delegates AND all 3 alternates vote for Ron Paul?

go for it, what do you have to lose?

gop would rather blindly tow the line that is handed to them than vote for principles and values.

whats that called?.... uh um um, theres a word or phrase for that but i cant think of it off the top of my head.

ill be back to edit when the terminology comes to me.

scandinaviany3
04-05-2008, 07:35 PM
yeah..definitely need to fight in all remaining states with bound rules to unbind to fix this

pepperpete1
04-05-2008, 09:16 PM
I have been studying the national rules for awhile now and some selected states. It is my opinion that the rules can be changed only by the rules committee. Their resolution probably would not hold water if challenged. I would have the delegates vote for who they wish and if they contest it, they will find out no "rules" have been broken. Just my opinion.

Brian
04-05-2008, 09:19 PM
So dont tell them you are a RP supporter, show up to the national convention and protest. Its going to happen. The Minnesotans arent alone. Itll be fun jerking all these neocons around. Remember, we are smarter than they are.

Lovecraftian4Paul
04-05-2008, 09:27 PM
MN isn't a state that binds delegates by law. Therefore, these delegates certainly shouldn't fear any real punishment like fines or jail time if they break the rules, new or old, set by these animals.

Seriously, what can the GOP even do to these people if they don't march in lockstep with McCain? They aren't the government.

TruePatriot44
04-05-2008, 09:30 PM
The rules they adopted are against the Minnesota GOP Constitution. It says only at the state convention delegates could be bound.

Minnesota GOP Constitution (http://www.gop-mn.org/info.cfm?x=2&pname=seltype&pval=2&pname2=tdesc&pval2=Constitution)

Section 5:

C. In compliance with the rules of the Republican National Convention, no delegate or alternate may be an automatic delegate or alternate. Each delegate or alternate must be elected by his/her respective convention. No delegate to the Republican National Convention shall be bound by party rules or by state law to cast his/her vote for a particular candidate on any ballot at the convention except that the state convention may bind the delegates whom it elects to the National Convention of the Republican Party on the first ballot to vote for a candidate for the office of President of the United States, unless they be released by said candidate.

Yom
04-05-2008, 09:37 PM
The rules they adopted are against the Minnesota GOP Constitution. It says only at the state convention delegates could be bound.

Minnesota GOP Constitution (http://www.gop-mn.org/info.cfm?x=2&pname=seltype&pval=2&pname2=tdesc&pval2=Constitution)

Section 5:

C. In compliance with the rules of the Republican National Convention, no delegate or alternate may be an automatic delegate or alternate. Each delegate or alternate must be elected by his/her respective convention. No delegate to the Republican National Convention shall be bound by party rules or by state law to cast his/her vote for a particular candidate on any ballot at the convention except that the state convention may bind the delegates whom it elects to the National Convention of the Republican Party on the first ballot to vote for a candidate for the office of President of the United States, unless they be released by said candidate.

Post that on the goldismoney forum.

TruePatriot44
04-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Post that on the goldismoney forum.

When you try to register for that forum it notifies you that registration is limited to the first three days of the month. :mad:

Yom
04-05-2008, 09:44 PM
When you try to register for that forum it notifies you that registration is limited to the first three days of the month. :mad:

What the? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard!

Join The Paul Side
04-06-2008, 01:35 AM

After 3 days when you can post this on that thread, make sure to send a private message to G-Kahn with the rule you posted. I don't think they can make their delegates vote for McCain. This should be brought up at the state convention. Let them know they are violating their own state's Constitution. That should get them off your backs.

speciallyblend
04-06-2008, 09:28 AM
this makes me want to resign from the republican party. let them lose the general i dont care ,screw the gop. reading these posts disgusts me. I hope the gop gets whats coming to them,not a dam thing