PDA

View Full Version : Paul didn't earn Iowa votes? ROFL

0zzy
08-20-2007, 11:45 AM
http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272615527.shtml

Want some proof? Ron Paul is running right around 1% in the national polls. At the Iowa Straw Poll, he got 9.1% of the vote. For the mathematically challenged or Paris Hilton, that means Paul got nine times the percentage in Iowa that he’s getting in the national polls. Now, I’m no Einstein, but I don’t think Paul’s done that well in the debates to get that big a swing over a Saturday without there being some sort of funny business that would make Chicago voting look clean.

ROFL
ROFL
ROFL
ROFL

Mesogen
08-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Yeah, Ron Paul was the one who rigged the poll so he would get 5th place.:rolleyes:

smtwngrl
08-21-2007, 07:06 PM
xx

foofighter20x
08-21-2007, 08:06 PM
I saw this article when it was first published.

I wrote to the editor of the site that published it (and cc'd the author) with the following... (this is jsut a excerpt of the letter, but hits all the points)

Had Mr. Lindaman done some research as simple as checking the Washington Post--like here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/11/AR2007081100763_3.html-- he would know that his accusation of chicanery on the part of Paul's supporters is entirely without base or merit. In particular, the last paragraph states:

"Voting security was tight. Before voting, activists had to show ID and tickets, both of which were scanned to ensure they hadn't been used before. Stealing a page from the Iraqis, those casting ballots dipped their thumbs in purplish indelible ink to make sure they couldn't vote again."
In fact, past criticisms over vote purity were the reasons the Iowa GOP instituted such measures. It has also been commented that these new security requirements are the root cause of the lower than expected vote turnout at Ames, and also casts a shadow over the results of past Straw Polls due to the historically lax security. http://www.iowaindependent.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=799

The simple truth is that voting security this year was tighter, more hi-tech, and more stringent than ever.

How Dr Paul rigged it is beyond me... :confused:

Tn...Andy
08-22-2007, 04:23 AM
Yeah.....But Mitt Romney paying for A/C buses, buying their lunch and providing entertainment shows "true" support......in the best tradition of old time politics.........ahahahaaaaaaaaaaa.....

Ira Aten
08-23-2007, 04:21 PM
I bought a few copies of the Saturday morning Ames Tribune on the day of the straw poll. They mailed it down to me in Texas.

I bought it because I wanted a few copies of the beautiful full page ad, showing small pictures of hundreds of Dr. Paul supporters making up his image, which is imprinted into a big version of the Constitution.

And I decided to read the paper itself. I noticed a map of all the spots which the candidates purchased outside the building in which the votes were to be cast.

Mitt Romney had a HUGE booth area right at the front door. Huckabee, had an adjoining, slightly smaller spot right at the front door also.

Ron Paul had a triangular portion of a corner out near the street, at a place that was blocked from view by buildings. Based on the positioning of the spots their tents were at, Romney should have received a heck of a lot more than 4,800 votes out of the total.

One of the writers of that paper told me that Romney's people had been campaigning in town for about three months, and Huckabee the same. He pointed out to me that RP's people had only been in town a week.

He said based on a cost per vote basis, Romney and Huckabee spent ENORMOUS amounts of money per vote.

After I looked at the locations of eveyone's camp shown in the paper, Romney should have won it by 80 percent since he OWNED the front door to the voting hall.

I cannot imagine some clown is now saying Ron Paul stole the votes he got. Such a statement is just crazy.

MicroBalrog
08-25-2007, 09:00 AM
It's a staple of election politics, when a guy you don't like gets good results, say he's cheated.