PDA

View Full Version : Learn From Other Ron Paul Delegates Mistakes at Convention: Video here

Magicman
04-05-2008, 02:23 PM
"Get this out to your meetups and any other place you can think of NOW!

There have been many that have asked to me get some info out about the problems they had during their convention, now if anyone can get to me video or audio of what has happened at their convention i can address these one by one. But lets focus on where your group lost or where you feel you were (cheated) or believe things were not done in the proper manner by the chair for now.

First keep in mind the Chair is not the end all be all and does not control the meeting the Chair is in place to assure that the meeting follows the POINT OF ORDER.

In this video i want everyone to learn from the mistakes these people made at about 3:30 in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M59N1DKtFpI

McCracken County Mass Convention 3-15-08 Saturday

A motion was raised to call the question and then was voted on.

The Chair was out of order when he allowed someone to call the question while in debate on the question if the assembly does not vote 2/3 majority for in this case the debate continues until the debate has ended or the assembly votes with a 2/3 majority to call the question.

Here is where the people posing the question went wrong and the chairman was out of order and this is why the chair was out of order : someone moved for a call for division which means a hand count on the vote on the floor : THIS IS NOT VOTED ON AND NO 2ND is needed then the hand count must commence and is NOT DEBATABLE in any way.

The reason they wanted a hand count was to make sure the vote was counted correctly and as you can see it was disputed which is why the call for division was called.

When the chair moved to put it to a VOTE when he said "ALL IN FAVOR OF DIVISION" the chair WAS OUT OF ORDER and someone should of stood up and stated : Mr Chairman Point of order, The chair would then ask the person who had the floor what is your point of order and that person should have stated that call for division DOES NOT require a vote and is NOT DEBATABLE therefor The hand count must take place.

Personally i prefer in this instance to : call for a rising vote to which the correct term would be : I MOVE FOR A RISING VOTE : This works the same way as the hand count except instead of hands raised you are required to stand to be counted and IS NOT DEBATABLE and DOES NOT need a 2nd to pass and must be put to a standing vote NO EXCEPTION!

How to over rule the chair :

As i stated above the Chair is not the end all be all and does not control the meeting the Chair is in place to assure that the meeting follow the POINT OF ORDER. Any Chair decision may be overturned.

You may appeal and decision of the chair so long as you have a 2nd and the majority of the vote being 50% plus 1 vote to pass the appeal.

This is called : Appealing the decision of the Chair and the correct way to do this is : I appeal from the decision of the Chair : The Chair must then sit and call for a 2nd and then must call for a vote and again ALWAYS if you are in doubt : I MOVE FOR A RISING VOTE to be sure the vote is accurate.

I will be working on more of these and if you have a question ask and i will get to you as soon as possible.

Go here and learn the language :

http://www.robertsrules.org/