PDA

View Full Version : State Convention Brainstorming Ideas

austin4paul
04-05-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm happy to be one of many Ron Paul delegates headed towards Houston for the Texas GOP convention. I've been giving some thought to what we can accomplish there and thought I'd start a thread so we can share ideas. I personally have never participated in the convention process before, so I'm especially interested in hearing from anyone who's got some experience. Some of my thoughts:

It seems to me that with so many of our political leaders and activists in one spot, the State conventions are PRIME opportunities for us to educate these folks. The large margin of victory for Ron Paul in his congressional campaign proves that his ideas - when UNDERSTOOD by the people - are strongly supported. So it seems to me that as we move into Phase 2 of the R3VOLUTION, we have 2 primary tasks - first, to educate more folks about Ron Paul's ideas and philosophies so that his ideas are clearly understood and then 2nd, to turn those folks into new activists for our cause. What a better place to find people that want to work within the Republican party than at the State conventions?

We're looking into doing a hospitality suite at one of the hotels near the TX State convention. I've heard a lot of comments that people are afraid of us because all they see is the anger and attack against the status quo -- they don't see the "good" side that we all know we have. So I think if we put these folks into a relaxed environment where they can get to know us better, perhaps we'll be able to work more effectively with each other. After all, 90% of our views align on conservative themes, i.e. smaller Federal government, balancing the budget, ensuring our 2nd amendment rights, etc.

We're also thinking of distributing literature, perhaps pocket constitutions, perhaps a tri-fold brochure of our key issues, maybe copies of the Freedom to Facism DVDs.

What other ideas are you considering for your State conventions? Let's brainstorm a bit on how we can best use this opportunity to further our cause.

IPSecure
04-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Application for Consideration to the National Convention - Texas

http://txgop.convio.net/site/DocServer/Application_for_Consideration_to_the_National_Conv ention.pdf?docID=4942

SERGEANT AT ARMS APPLICATION

http://txgop.convio.net/site/DocServer/2008_convention_Sergeant_at_Arms_Application.pdf?d ocID=4882

Convention Information:

http://txgop.convio.net/site/PageServer?pagename=2008_Convention

squandertime
04-05-2008, 02:54 PM
good luck to you on this post- i have already tried to do something like this- trying to get everyone on the same page. but it is impossible to do. the leaders of the texas ron paul campaign - they want to keep it very quiet who ron paul state delegates are due to trying to get as many RP state delegates to the national convention. i guess.

whether or not this is a good strategy remains to be seen. in my eyes it isnt.
we either have people who agree with us and back us or we dont. seems kinda cowardly to sneak in, instead openly showing our intent and trying to gain true supporters.

but that is just me.

as to getting organized- i am afraid due to all this secrecy we will know what we are going to do only when it is too late to do it.

tajitj
04-05-2008, 03:05 PM
I think if they do successfully shut down and run over us I think we need to make a grand statment. All come together and announce our support of the Libertarian Party. The Libertarian party is what we want the Republican party to be. If we do not make enough inroads then why not join their nominee. Does that sound like something you would support? I feel like we do not need to be loyal to the party.
Honestly I bet we have 15% of state delegates. 138 are going to national. That will be filled with party officials and super neocons. I would love to over run them and get things done, but am realistic.