PDA

View Full Version : Brainwashing Young Jewish Children:

Patriot123
04-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Just for refference, I'm Jewish, a neutral Zionist who's fifteen years of age, so I'm not some racist bigot :p Just making an observation that I would like to share.

So... A few months back, I walk into my temple. On the wall next to the classrooms for the "Hebrew School" which was held there was this poster. It essentially said, "A nuclear Iran is dangerous for us and Israel. We cannot allow a nuclear Iran." Now I sort of thought to myself, "what right does our president have to indoctrinate the children here?"
So, I come back a few weeks back from today to find that it's still up there, even though proof has been shown that Iran has no nukes. And I say the same thing to myself, why are these children being subjected to this? I wanted to question the president on it, but I never got the chance to. Chances are, I'd get into a whole big argument with him which would include our rabbi and cantor, and [b]even though I'd come out with the right facts and proving them all wrong, I'd be, well... Made out to be the famous word that other Jews love to label other people as: "anti-Israel" :p The famous, "anti-Israel" :p

Now obviously I'm Jewish, so I'm not saying anything crazy [or at least not trying to], but I just found this sort of... Well, wrong. It's brainwashing young children. I mean, obviously it isn't intentional, but rather un-intentional brainwashing as the act of the president supporting his own idealogy he's indoctrinating the children unjustly. And I wanted to share this as I never got the chance to get and get some opinions on this.

Kotin
04-04-2008, 05:37 PM
I am also Jewish, happens to me all the time, haha they get so offended if you bring it up..

some of our brothers have alot of learning to do.

Zolah
04-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Unfortunately I believe this to be one thing that is common between almost all religions, in days long past, people of the church would often impose their opinions on political issues, as if there was no other opinion to be had, what they said was utter truth, and utter truth is what they said. Personally I haven't been to a church in a very long time though.

Really it's abuse of power and trust.

gutteck
04-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Either you are very naïve to think that it is Bush the one that “wantS” to bomb Iran or you think that we are naïve to think that you think that it is Bush the one that wants to bomb Iran.

Even the most naïve in here know that Presidents are puppets.

amy31416
04-04-2008, 06:56 PM
I'm a bit Jewish, was dating a Jewish guy for a long time and he was so indoctrinated with the notion that everyone aside from the Jews in the Middle East were monsters, and that it really doesn't matter if they have WMD's or nukes or anything--they're evil and they have to go.

And there was no convincing him otherwise. Believe me, I had plenty of debates about this with him, and he got irrational when it comes to Israel. I tried.

Working Poor
04-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Puppet or not I am pretty sure Bush wants to bomb Iran...

NEPA_Revolution
04-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Puppet or not I am pretty sure Bush wants to bomb Iran...

+1

Patriot123
04-04-2008, 07:26 PM
I am also Jewish, happens to me all the time, haha they get so offended if you bring it up..

some of our brothers have alot of learning to do.

Oh, yeah :p It's sort of sad, though. To think that our culture has just... Sort of been a victim of our own history, right? We're all so ignorant that we just don't use common sense anymore. I mean, if you try to argue with my rabbi, and thank G-d I haven't yet, he would probably wind up lose the debate but then get all ignorant and wind up throwing you into the alter :p But yeah, we do have a lot of learning to do as a group of people. But it isn't even just us, and I hate it when people say that :p It's all groups; the Evangelists, the Orthadox, etcetera.