PDA

View Full Version : CNN suicide watch? or not?

Sandra
04-04-2008, 04:01 PM
In the beginning the MSM conducted a total boycott of RP as to manipulate the outcome of the primaries. Then economic disaster looms and they are screaming like drowning cats about the wisdom of Ron Paul and how he would save America.

CNN depends on electricity, satellites and customers that pay a digital TV bill. Do they now see how a collapse could bring about the absence of those things might affect their ratings? Much less keep Merck interested in peddling toenail fungus pills in between so-called interest stories to viewers that no longer have TV.

So are they now flipping the switch from McCain and Clinton and focusing on Obama and Gradually stepping toward Paul? They are all definitely going negative on the first two. Do they think Paul has a formula for keeping them on the air?

SeanEdwards
04-04-2008, 04:04 PM
What cable media outlet is talking about the wisdom of Paul? I don't watch those American versions of Pravda much anymore, and I'd be very surprised if any of them had anything positive to say about Paul. Can you provide a link or something to a report that mention's Paul's prescience in predicting the current economic situation?

LittleLightShining
04-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Believe it or not I was just thinking about that. Who's gonna watch tv when the shtf and there's no power? But they are just a vehicle for the propaganda and when the shtf it won't matter anymore. The damage will have been done. Mission accomplished. People will get their Technicolor fix in those handy KBR detention centers.

liberteebell
04-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Believe it or not I was just thinking about that. Who's gonna watch tv when the shtf and there's no power? But they are just a vehicle for the propaganda and when the shtf it won't matter anymore. The damage will have been done. Mission accomplished. People will get their Technicolor fix in those handy KBR detention centers.

Hahaha, I was just thinking about the same thing. Maybe it's suddenly occurred to them that it's us "eaters" who are paying their way. As things get tighter at my house, cable is going to be the first thing that goes away.

Already advertising in our local newspaper is waaaaaaaaaaay down, so you know other advertising is probably down as well.

All I can say is that they richly deserve it and I hope they stay in a panic. It might be worth it to get a 2nd job just to watch it unfold! :p

satchelmcqueen
04-04-2008, 04:41 PM
I wonder why now they want Paul on. i just dont get it. First they hate him, now they give him interviews?? Better than nothing, but still they could do alot better if they wanted to. They are the ones whos manipulated the process thus far along with the help of the white house.

LittleLightShining
04-04-2008, 04:49 PM
I wonder why now they want Paul on. i just dont get it. First they hate him, now they give him interviews?? Better than nothing, but still they could do alot better if they wanted to. They are the ones whos manipulated the process thus far along with the help of the white house.I think they're trying to save face and lend credibility to themselves.

Signzit
04-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Actually, i just love looking at the title of this Thread!

The only it could have been better, if it was about FOX NEWS and their suicide watch.

Like my friend above; I can't watch any of the Pravda channels any more but I always thought, that CNN was fairest and most respectful to Dr. Paul.

Sandra
04-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Actually, i just love looking at the title of this Thread!

The only it could have been better, if it was about FOX NEWS and their suicide watch.

Like my friend above; I can't watch any of the Pravda channels any more but I always thought, that CNN was fairest and most respectful to Dr. Paul.

I wish I could change it to just that!:D

Sandra
04-04-2008, 05:20 PM
What cable media outlet is talking about the wisdom of Paul? I don't watch those American versions of Pravda much anymore, and I'd be very surprised if any of them had anything positive to say about Paul. Can you provide a link or something to a report that mention's Paul's prescience in predicting the current economic situation?

Go to www.ronpaul2008.com and look to the left on the events calendar, and they have daily updates to what programs he'll be on.

SeanEdwards
04-04-2008, 05:24 PM

Some of the CNN coverage was very fair. But then they had that horrid horrid debate where Anderson Cooper flat-out lied to Paul and the entire viewing audience when he promised Paul a chance to respond, then went on practically worship on his knees before McCain and Romney bickering over nothing for nearly the entire broadcast.

The final straw for me was seeing Lou Dobb's dismissivley refer to Paul as a kook, even while he was in the act of stealing Paul's anti-NAU agenda position. Shameless.

HollyforRP
04-04-2008, 08:25 PM
my cable (direct TV) is owned by Murdoch. It's gone. It cost too much anyway

coyote_sprit
04-04-2008, 09:43 PM
my cable (direct TV) is owned by Murdoch. It's gone. It cost too much anyway

Did you have to pay one of those termination of contract fees?

RSLudlum
04-04-2008, 10:26 PM

Back to books by candle-light?

Aren't we suppose to be moving into total digital broadcast in TV in 2009? I think the chances of this happening could tank given the state of the economy and people not having the funds to buy digital TV's or the gov't affording the proposed vouchers for converter boxes. I wonder how much money the Broadcasters have invested in this switch over already and are they concerned at all? And are their Advertising customers taking this into consideration? Maybe they should look into more 'print' for advertisement, just as a precautionary measure?

Sandra
04-05-2008, 08:20 AM
I think i will keep an analog TV on hand just in case.

AisA1787
04-05-2008, 09:16 AM
I think i will keep an analog TV on hand just in case.

don't forget to get your free digital converter box from the goberment before Feb 2009, or you will be SOL with your analog TV:

https://www.dtv2009.gov/

"318 Days to the End of Analog Broadcasts"

Midnight77
04-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Some of the CNN coverage was very fair. But then they had that horrid horrid debate where Anderson Cooper flat-out lied to Paul and the entire viewing audience when he promised Paul a chance to respond, then went on practically worship on his knees before McCain and Romney bickering over nothing for nearly the entire broadcast.

The final straw for me was seeing Lou Dobb's dismissivley refer to Paul as a kook, even while he was in the act of stealing Paul's anti-NAU agenda position. Shameless.

I thought Dobbs at a speaking event picked the two candidates on each side who's ideas he liked the most and said John Edwards and Ron Paul? I guess Ron is only a kook now that he is out of reach from securing the nomination. With Lou, I guess it's whatever way the wind is blowing on a given day.

LittleLightShining
04-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Back to books by candle-light?I've been there and it was the BEST 7 years of my life. How I miss the, "Mom, just one more chapter, pleeeeease?" As opposed to the "Can I play Gamecube? Can I watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?"

Aren't we suppose to be moving into total digital broadcast in TV in 2009? I think the chances of this happening could tank given the state of the economy and people not having the funds to buy digital TV's or the gov't affording the proposed vouchers for converter boxes. I wonder how much money the Broadcasters have invested in this switch over already and are they concerned at all? And are their Advertising customers taking this into consideration? Maybe they should look into more 'print' for advertisement, just as a precautionary measure?
Well, 2 weeks ago I got a call from my cable company asking if they could do anything to improve my service. I said, "Yes, you could charge me less." Well, lo and behold they gave me 70 more channels than my basic cable for about $5 less per month. Then they wanted to give it to me for 6 months and I told them no way because I didn't want to have to pay $40 more per month when the contract was over. So they extended it to a one-year promotion AND waved the installation fee on the new converter. ;)

So when the cable guy was here I asked him about the new digital guidelines and whether I was gonna need to buy a new tv and he said no. Basically if you still have a tv with a knob you'll need a new one but otherwise you won't. But you will need the converter box. (Now, I am a bit paranoid and I had gotten myself thinking the new digital tech would be chock full of subliminal brainwashing and I had vowed not to get it next Feb and go back to the good old days of reading and radio. But then how would I watch LOST???) Anyway, the cable guy said it's the same thing I already have and the whole point is that the FCC wants to free up frequencies. He said people that have knob tv's and use antennae will no longer get any tv at all. So there's the scoop on that.

Humblecowboy
04-05-2008, 08:57 PM
BOYCOTT TELEVISION period along with talk radio and anything at all that has to do with conservative talking heads. If enough Paulsters can do this, it may put a dent in the ratings. I tuned them all out because I am so pissed at the way they have treated Paul.

revolutionman
04-06-2008, 01:48 AM
I already stopped watching news. Our next President has already been desided. McCain is a tired old maniac, a traitor and a murderer. He'll be gutted and cleaned like a trout in the general election. The democrats got this one in the bag. Obama is untouchable. Every time dirt comes to light on the SOB, the media pretends to attack him, but then quickly offers up rationalization, and then burries the story.

I could live without the rest of the depressing shit they have on the news. If i wanna get myself depressed I'll go to Wal-Mart.

HollyforRP
04-06-2008, 03:20 AM
Did you have to pay one of those termination of contract fees?

no termination fees. I was shocked but you also must return the cable box and remote or pay 400 dollars.