PDA

View Full Version : Will Pennsylvania be Paul's best state??

acroso
04-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Just a though because now R's have to basically choose between Paul or McCain because there are less choices.

Also the Rush Limbaugh voters are going to be out doing operation Chaos...to a degree anyway so that's less voters for McCain maybe? And who knows some other McCain people might stay home since it "doesn't matter anymore."

ItsTime
04-04-2008, 04:18 PM
he said he had 30k volunteers in the state. Logically he should do really well.

Jeremy
04-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Best? I highly doubt it.

humanic
04-04-2008, 04:23 PM
The thing is that delegates in PA are completely unbound, so while we are still giving people slimjims and putting up signs, most of our canvassing/calling efforts are directly for the delegates. Some people are biased against Paul because of the MSM marginalizations, but they are not biased against the platform; if we say "vote for these delegates-- they support life, liberty, Constitutional rule of law, a sound currency, balanced budgets, low taxes", they say "okay." The meaningless primary straw poll numbers are likely to grossly understate his delegate take.

bucfish
04-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Yes the Ronald Reagan Platform Delegates

-lotus-
04-04-2008, 04:43 PM
The meaningless primary straw poll numbers are likely to grossly understate his delegate take.

this has been status quo from pretty much the beginning.

freedom-maniac
04-04-2008, 06:12 PM
In percentages, I doubt it, but in number of people actually voting, I think so.

Most of the states where we've been really successful have been sparesly populated.

nate895
04-04-2008, 06:23 PM
In percentages, I doubt it, but in number of people actually voting, I think so.

Most of the states where we've been really successful have been sparesly populated.

They like their property rights.

porcupine
04-05-2008, 05:44 PM
he said he had 30k volunteers in the state. Logically he should do really well.

That line of thinking sounds familiar.

ClayTrainor
04-05-2008, 06:00 PM
That line of thinking sounds familiar.

"Live Free, or not... whatever":o

qh4dotcom
04-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Just a though because now R's have to basically choose between Paul or McCain because there are less choices.

I hope Pennsylvania voters don't vote for Huckabee like Mississippi voters did (Huckabee had dropped out prior to the Mississippi primary)

nc4rp
04-06-2008, 12:10 AM
does mississippi use diebold ES&S?

Kotin
04-06-2008, 01:05 AM
we will pretty good. delegates are unbound too!

porcupine
04-07-2008, 07:33 PM
"Live Free, or not... whatever":o

We'll see. So far, no state primary has had a higher showing for Ron Paul than New Hampshire.

hillbilly123069
04-07-2008, 08:02 PM
election fraud on youtube.com or yahoo?

Dave39168
04-07-2008, 10:24 PM
does mississippi use diebold ES&S?

I don't know what ES&S is but we vote on diebold machines. You used to get a little paper receipt to take with you with your vote on it, but now you just get to look at how you voted and that's it. When its all done they tell the machine to print 3 copies of the results, then there is like a memory card or something that they keep with the results on it. Most folks in MS still know nothing about RP. Whenever i am talking politics with people we are usually in agreement on everything, then i mention RP and they are like "i never heard of him".

Young Paleocon
04-07-2008, 10:52 PM
I expect Pennsylvania to be one of RP's best performances yet. Maybe not as great as the caucus states, but the efforts of the grassroots with the "High Tide" video and calls/delegate information/operation Pennsylvania will definitely have an impact. I am also pleased to see the National campaign had the good Dr's venue at Penn State changed to a 1500 seat gymnasium. Expect good news to come out of the Keystone state come April 22.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Edit

New York For Paul
04-07-2008, 11:08 PM
How much will the official campaign spend in Pennsylvania?

How many phone banks, HQs, GOTV drives, radio ads etc?

Young Paleocon
04-07-2008, 11:37 PM
Edit what?

SteveMartin
04-08-2008, 07:17 AM
With a little financial support from HQ, PA certainly could have been his best state to date.

We all know what's going on with that...i.e. NOTHING.

123tim
04-08-2008, 07:49 AM
I think that the difference might come down to signs....

A lot of places have no signs. Some places have many.

We went to Altoona PA (A small size city) and I didn't see a single sign.
State College is doing great with signs, and is helping out neighboring counties. The S.C. meet-up group has really helped us out (Huntingdon County.)

At least now when I hand out slim-jims people will say "Oh yea! I've seen signs out for him" instead of "who?" or "didn't he drop out?"

No one that I know likes McCain. My new line is going to be "Why not vote for Ron Paul? What do you have to loose?" It's amazing how many Pennsylvanians seem to stand on the Principles of Ron Paul. Still, they don't want to vote for him because he's not the "anointed" Republican.

123tim
04-08-2008, 08:01 AM
Mike Huckabee will take a lot of votes.

To the best of my knowledge he's still on the ballot. He almost didn't make it - There was a last minute push to get him on. He dropped out not to long after the process was finalized.

pinkmandy
04-08-2008, 08:07 AM
We drove through PA this past weekend and the RP supporters did a FANTASTIC job plastering RP signs everywhere. I-81 was covered. I saw 2 McCain signs, one Hillary, one Obama and COUNTLESS RP signs!

Primbs
04-09-2008, 11:04 AM
How well is Ron Paul known by the average voter?

In Virginia, which had early voting, most people didn't even know who Ron Paul was, yet alone why they should support him or know what his issues were about.

Shink
04-09-2008, 11:12 AM
If Ron is a TEXAS CONGRESSMAN who didn't fare the way he should have in Texas, I can't hold my breath that he'll pwn just because he was born in PA. Ron needs to do something big. Maybe go out with a bang, a big nationally-aired speech to Americans.

Rangeley
04-09-2008, 11:51 AM
While he did not perform all that great in Texas, there is a big difference with Pennsylvania. Its later in the campaign, and is occurring at a time when most people think McCain has already become the nominee. Therefore I think there is a built in advantage for us, as McCain voter turnout will be lower - so long as turnout for Ron Paul stays high. Thats really the key.

123tim
04-09-2008, 12:05 PM
How well is Ron Paul known by the average voter?

In Virginia, which had early voting, most people didn't even know who Ron Paul was, yet alone why they should support him or know what his issues were about.

Seems about the same here in PA. (At least where I'm at. I'm trying hard to change this.)

porcupine
04-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Maybe go out with a bang, a big nationally-aired speech to Americans.

What do you mean make a nationally telivised speech? He can make a speech, sure, but even the president can't get a speech nationally televised for any old occasion

TruthAtLast
04-09-2008, 08:32 PM
I really wish we could win one state. I'd like to put an official notch in the win column. :D

losinglife
04-10-2008, 05:59 AM
Mike Huckabee will take a lot of votes.

To the best of my knowledge he's still on the ballot. He almost didn't make it - There was a last minute push to get him on. He dropped out not to long after the process was finalized.

yup

New York For Paul
04-12-2008, 11:46 AM
If Paul is going to win a state, he has to wage a campaign.