PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Internet Blitz - Ron Paul SSID?

theyhateusforourfreedom
08-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Hey Everyone...
I was brainstorming today.

What if all of the Ron Paul supporters who use a wireless router would change the name of their network to something like "Vote Ron Paul in 2008"?

Imagine how many people would see his name when browsing wireless networks. We could cover so much ground this way.

To those who don't know what an SSID is, it's the name of the wireless network you connect to when you are at someones house, a coffee shop, etc.

Imagine if everywhere wireless users go, they flip open their screen to see Ron Paul's name.

Thoughts?

axiomata
08-20-2007, 11:44 AM
interesting idea

TexMac
08-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Hey Everyone...
I was brainstorming today.

What if all of the Ron Paul supporters who use a wireless router would change the name of their network to something like "Vote Ron Paul in 2008"?

Imagine how many people would see his name when browsing wireless networks. We could cover so much ground this way.

To those who don't know what an SSID is, it's the name of the wireless network you connect to when you are at someones house, a coffee shop, etc.

Imagine if everywhere wireless users go, they flip open their screen to see Ron Paul's name.

Thoughts?Someone suggested that idea several weeks ago. My SSID has been RonPaul2008 for over a month.

angelatc
08-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Is there some FAQ somewhere that would tell me how to do that on my Linksys router?

And will I have to change my remote access settings on the laptop?

AFTFNJ
08-20-2007, 11:52 AM
Best bet is to call Linksys & they will walk you thru it. (800) 326-7114